My first sheep freakout!

This is a discussion on My first sheep freakout! within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A guy tried to "protest" that the store allowed people with guns to come in there and had not posted any signs..... The clerk answered.... ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: My first sheep freakout!

A guy tried to "protest" that the store allowed people with guns to come in there and had not posted any signs.....

The clerk answered.... "I hope if someone comes in to rob us with a gun and threatens to kill us, that someone in here is carrying a gun "..... " I would much rather have them in here than you, because you sure wouldn't be any help".

This was an 18 yr old girl.

When I got to the counter I told her that I loved her response to the guy and could not have agreed with her more. She only said, "well, I meant every word of it too".

The guy stomped out , frustrated that his opinion didn't have the result he wanted.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    A guy tried to "protest" that the store allowed people with guns to come in there and had not posted any signs.....

The clerk answered.... "I hope if someone comes in to rob us with a gun and threatens to kill us, that someone in here is carrying a gun "..... " I would much rather have them in here than you, because you sure wouldn't be any help".

This was an 18 yr old girl.

When I got to the counter I told her that I loved her response to the guy and could not have agreed with her more. She only said, "well, I meant every word of it too".

The guy stomped out , frustrated that his opinion didn't have the result he wanted.
    Excellent! Especially nice to see that young uns have a clue
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I had a group of teenagers walk by me the other day and one of the girls jumped back and said "he got a gun!". The others just giggled as she jogged across the intersection ahead of them.

I did have my first interaction with a police officer today. I posted the experience at another forum. Overall it was fine. He was calm and professional and conceded I may be correct about open carry. I don't think much of their leadership not having them informed though.

"Yep, I sure do carry a gun. Too many crazy people around. You have to protect yourself and your loved ones, you know."
    The first rule of self-defense is to avoid the situation. The second rule is Train and Prepare.

Follow your guide and fear no danger>> as i am guessing you have
    2balls and a cane with which to walk

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    My first instinct would be to ask back "Excuse ME!!! How much do you eat at one sitting?"

In Missouri I got in the habit of OCing to and from work at a gunshop/range and was frequently asked questions but it was usually along the lines of "Would it be legal for me to do that?" "What do you have to do to buy a gun?" "What do you have to do to get a concealed carry permit?" I did get one, politely asked in a hushed voice "Excuse me sir, (wait till he had my attention) did you know the hammer on your gun was cocked?" I replied: Yes sir, that is the way it was designed and really the safest way to carry it." We then had about a 5 minute conversation on guns and went our own way. In line with the
    "Thrown out of Lowes" thread, I had a Lowes manager at the service counter look at my sidearm, smile and say "I like it when you guys come in, keeps 'em guessing."

One night after work I stopped in a grocery store that caters to the lower end of the economic scale, as I entered I saw a city cop in the office and assumed he was working security. I went about my shopping, about 5 minutes later I see him headed my way so I smile and nod to him, knowing I was about to get the "COP bump", just like a BG will ask an opening question to gauge your reaction so do COPs…

COP “Excuse me; were you aware your pistol’s hammer was cocked?”

Me“Yes sir, it’s basically a Browning design 1911 single action and it was designed to be carried cocked, it has 2 external manual safeties and this is a series 80 so it also an internal safety. So it is perfectly safe this way."

COP “Our pistols are double action on the first shot. That’s our safety”

Me “Yes I know, you're carrying an HK USP in 9mm. The problem with the double action on the first shot is that the first shot is a long hard pull; it takes a practiced marksman to keep his first 2 shots in close proximity to each other. (He gives a small nod of his head) I prefer the crisp clean let off of a single action every time.”

COP “OK, have a safe night.” And goes back to flirt with the night office gal (cute redhead)
    This is a great post. I so wish I could have been there to overhear this!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Someday and I pray that day never comes, but I think it will, someday there's going to be an active shooter in a mall, maybe a mumbai kind of situation. It's almost a foregone conclusion. When it happens the odds are pretty good that it won't be a cop or a soldier to stop the rampage. It will more likely be somebody like those of us on this forum that shuts it all DOWN. Then, watch all the gun control legislation just go away. That's why we're sheepdogs.
    Assuming, of course, that the incident gets reported, and is reported accurately.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Assuming, of course, that the incident gets reported, and is reported accurately.
    Even if they do no one remembers everyone knows Columbine. Who remembers Jeanne Assam, Kenneth Hammond, Tracy Bridges, Mikael Gross, James Strand, Joel Myrick? Each of those legally armed civilians stopped a mass murder from happening. Apparently 13 dead makes a greater impression than a thousand lives saved.

Even here honestly who remembers those names? Apparently not many. Which is why so many are under the misimpression that a legally armed citizen saving lives will make a difference in the public opinion about legally armed citizens.

IMO the real problem is in the different way anti self defense fanatics think. Either they are volunteer victims meaning they are unwilling to look at the possibility being responsible for their own lives because they would also have to accept responsibility for their own failures or those who make emotionally based decisions based on how things "should be" rather than how things really are. In both cases facts are irrelevant because they simply do not accept or even hear them.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I always like to tell people I'm just preparing for the Zombies! I get funny responses :)
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post

...When I got to the counter I told her that I loved her response to the guy and could not have agreed with her more. She only said, "well, I meant every word of it too".

That reminds me of the oft-reprinted essay by Julia Gorin, The Anti -Gun Male

LET'S be honest. He's scared of the thing. That's understandable--so am I. But as a girl I have the luxury of being able to admit it. I don't have to masquerade squeamishness as grand principle-in the interest of mankind, no less.

He often accuses men with guns of "compensating for something." The truth is quite the reverse. After all, how is he supposed to feel knowing there are men out there who aren't intimidated by the big bad inanimate villain? How is he to feel in the face of adolescent boys who have used the family gun effectively in defending the family from an armed intruder? So if he can't touch a gun, he doesn't want other men to be able to either. And to achieve his ends, he'll use the only weapon he knows how to manipulate: the law...
    Julia Gorin

Great essay, worth a read if you haven't seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anderson IN View Post
    I noramlly get the "Are you a policeman?"

If I want to have fun with them I usually answer with a startled look and then nervouly say..............."No.........why are you????"

Try it, it's really fun to watch their face!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gtac View Post
    That reminds me of the oft-reprinted essay by Julia Gorin, The Anti -Gun Male

Julia Gorin

Great essay, worth a read if you haven't seen it.
    A very noteworthy contribution, gtac, and welcome to the forum!

Lots of great quotes in that article. Here are a few:
    Quote Originally Posted by Julia Gorin
    It's one thing to not be comfortable with a firearm and therefore opt to not keep or bear one. But it's another to impose the same handicap onto others.
    if he can't touch a gun, he doesn't want other men to be able to either. And to achieve his ends, he'll use the only weapon he knows how to manipulate: the law.
    He's a lover, not a fighter. And he doesn't want to get shot in case he has an affair with your wife.
    In short, he is a man begging for subjugation. He longs for its promise of equality in helplessness. Because only when that strange, independent alpha breed of male is helpless along with him will he feel adequate. Indeed, his freedom lies in this other man's containment.
    Thanks for the link.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links