My New Hampshire Open Carry experience.

This is a discussion on My New Hampshire Open Carry experience. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You're welcome. PM inbound....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My New Hampshire Open Carry experience.

You're welcome.

PM inbound.

2. Remove Ads

Why is it that when someone has an issue OC'ing on this site that so many say "well conceal carry then"? He has a perfectly legal right as do I in my state to OC. I think the OP should follow suit and have some words with the police chief for violation of his right to carry openly and not be harassed.

How many people do you see OC'ing in an OC state? Why is it an issue? Is it so rarely used that those who do, do stand out? And put unjustified fear in other residents, who should know the Law of the land.
    If I go to a nudist resort for business (which I do) and see naked people walking around, I don't call the cops.
    And if I did would they show up? Or would they ask if said naked person was brandishing in an aggressive matter towards me or others? And I said No. Shouldn't they say, There is no reason to do anything at this time, everything being done IS lawful, And I should realize where the Heck I am.

Quote Originally Posted by rcsnpr View Post
    How many people do you see OC'ing in an OC state? Why is it an issue? Is it so rarely used that those who do, do stand out? And put unjustified fear in other residents, who should know the Law of the land.
    If I go to a nudist resort for business (which I do) and see naked people walking around, I don't call the cops.
    And if I did would they show up? Or would they ask if said naked person was brandishing in an aggressive matter towards me or others? And I said No. Shouldn't they say, There is no reason to do anything at this time, everything being done IS lawful, And I should realize where the Heck I am.
    No idea. Most people I know open carry and never have an issue. I see it every now and then also open carrying, but not super often.

The areas I tend to get stopped are around areas that are common for out of staters to visit or use as a stop over heading to the north country. Out of staters who come up from a liberal MA, NJ, NY who don't know the laws see a gun and think "OMG he's going to kill someone" and probably call. I haven't bothered doing an FOIA request to try to acquire any 911/call information.

I've walked into the State House without a problem open carrying.
    Criminals For Gun Control
    Brady's Campaign Pro-Gun Forum

Member: NRA, PG-NH, GO-NH
    Life Member: JPFO, GOA
    Clubs: LF&GC

Quote Originally Posted by IssaquahWA19 View Post
    Why is it that when someone has an issue OC'ing on this site that so many say "well conceal carry then"? He has a perfectly legal right as do I in my state to OC. I think the OP should follow suit and have some words with the police chief for violation of his right to carry openly and not be harassed.
    We live in a world of fear of ourselves at gun owners and what anti-gunners will do. The problem is if we don't openly exercise our rights we'll lose them faster. Gun ownership isn't something we should just do in a dark corners by ourselves quietly without being seen or heard.
    Criminals For Gun Control
    Brady's Campaign Pro-Gun Forum

Member: NRA, PG-NH, GO-NH
    Life Member: JPFO, GOA
    Clubs: LF&GC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links