I just can't OC - Page 3

I just can't OC

This is a discussion on I just can't OC within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First post on this forum. I actually started out myself going to a lunch in my area that was put on by another forum. There ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I just can't OC

First post on this forum. I actually started out myself going to a lunch in my area that was put on by another forum. There were 8 of us that were OCing and a couple that weren't carrying at all. It was a great ice breaker to get out into public. I have since recieved my CPL and it's probably 50/50 mix of CC and OC. But with warmer weather on it's way it will be OC for the majority of the time. I still believe most sheep think your in LE of some form. Of course if asked I will let them know that I'm just a LAC I know for sure there are a couple people in the Traverse City area that promote OC. Maybe you can get together for a coffee or something to break the ice on OC for you.

I struggle with the idea of OC admittedly. Oc is no longer legal in FL but when I lived in PA, I only did it while hunting and working on the "Ranch"

I know this will cause some flack but.......Isn't carrying OC kinda like the shepherd wearing a wolf costume in the middle of the sheep?
    2A is not negotiable

Quote Originally Posted by LeCalsey View Post
    I struggle with the idea of OC admittedly. Oc is no longer legal in FL but when I lived in PA, I only did it while hunting and working on the "Ranch"

I know this will cause some flack but.......Isn't carrying OC kinda like the shepherd wearing a wolf costume in the middle of the sheep?
    Maybe in the eyes of some sheep. I don't think much of it, mostly because I'm a law abiding citizen that wishes to carry. If my CC permit had arrived already, I'd be CCing most of the time without question. I like OCing, but as I've seen on a couple of occasions, it can become a hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by LeCalsey; I know this will cause some flack but.......[B
    Isn't carrying OC kinda like the shepherd wearing a wolf costume in the middle of the sheep?[/B]
    While I understand the point you are trying to make, the above statement is rediculous. When was the last time you saw a "wolf" OC? The only time you will ever see a BGs gun is when it is in his hands in the act of a crime. The sheep need to know that the sheepdogs are there and that they are not the enemy.
    Pro Deo, Pro Familia, Pro Patria

Ruger SR9 - Crossbreed STD
    Savage 10FP

I dont think i would feel comfortable with OC either.
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigdl86 View Post
    I dont think i would feel comfortable with OC either.

Only one way to find out! I feel so much more comfortable when I OC vs. CC. Although true, that I don't have my CPL yet, and can only CC on my own property, I find it very burdensome, compared to OC on my hip. Obviously, depending on laws in your state, but I find, first and foremost the tactical advantage and the obvious deterrent my first reasons for OC, a close second is undoubtedly a political statement regarding our God given, constitutionally guaranteed rights.

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeCalsey View Post

Almost. It is more the perception of people and society as a whole (as it has always been) that people who carry guns might be a danger. It is often the case these days that some welcome the negative attention.

By the way, have I made you aware that your signature quote is completely bogus?

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Grady, if you ever come down to the Memphis area (Lord only knows why you would but if you do) please let me know and we will Open Carry all over the place. St. Louis isn't too far away after all.
    It's a deal!!

I say start small. Go to the range some time and then just OC on the way home. Next time add a stop for gas. Next time add a stop for lunch.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

i wish OC would pass in Texas.i would only OC if in a country out in wilderness setting.i wish it would pass just in case i accidentally expose my gun. we have a lot of windy days in Austin.
    my personality is such that i prefer C.C.,i don't invite a lot of attention..
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Theman9mm View Post
    Evertime I go out I think this is the day. But I just can not do it. I know I have the right to in my state but, I can't. Maybe i need to find another person that has to go out with..

i'll go with you! only problem...i'm just a hop, skip and jump south of you...
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links