Open carry with a Supertuck

This is a discussion on Open carry with a Supertuck within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well as the title states. I am stationed in VA as of now where OC is legal. My CC permit should arrive any day now. ...

Thread: Open carry with a Supertuck

Open carry with a Supertuck

Well as the title states. I am stationed in VA as of now where OC is legal. My CC permit should arrive any day now. Just wondering if i could get some pics of people OCing with a IWB type holster just to get an idea of how it looks. Also wondering how much of the pistol needs to be showing to be considered OC. Thanks.

22crew

2. Remove Ads

wear the whole holsters between your belt and pants.
    God invented cops so that firemen could have heroes too!

Quote Originally Posted by jdivence View Post
    wear the whole holsters between your belt and pants.
    That wouldn't work with my supertuck...I've heard that they have some different clips now...maybe those would work?

anyway, I don't have pics but I've done it a couple times. It looks just fine. How much need be visible to be legally open? Let me know what the judge/jury decide. I'd say you're good to go...but I propbably wont be on your jury.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

EW3
    I have several Supertucks and have to tell you "Supertuck" and "Open Carry" are incompatible; this holster does a great job of concealing a pistol IWB. Open carry with it? Not so much.

Why don't you get a SnapSlide from Crossbreed? That is their OWB type holster and would be perfect for open carry.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

When I read "Open carry with a Supertuck" in the title of this thread, my first reaction was WHY?

Then I read it and I see you are asking about the possibility of going into a restaurant there in VA where you are required to either not carry or open carry. Silly law if you ask me. But I see where your concern comes from.

I do not carry IWB as I find it very uncomfortable. My only suggestion would be to find a good OWB holster to conceal and open carry with.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Welcome to Virginia

I've begun keeping a paddle holster in the car, or taking one along when I think I may need it. To night for instance I had my pistol in my pocket because it was too warm for a cover shirt/jacket. Then we decided to go to dinner and I had to change carry methods. I had the Galco paddle with me and it was no trouble at all.

Being new to Virginia you may want to find a copy of "The Virgina Gun Owner's Guide". I don't know when it was last updated, but it has a wealth of information specific to Virginia.

"Stationed" in Virginia, eh? Which branch? I retired from the Air Force and settled in Virginia.
    The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.

George Washington

woodstock, i'm nine yrs from retiring from the AF.

22crew

Does anyone in Va. just stay concealed in a restaurant? I mean everytime I have to go in a restaurant where I can't cc I think of the lady in the restaurant who lost both her parents because she left her gun in her car. She says she would never do that again she would rather risk prosecution than losing a family member.

My son used to use his supertuck for VCDL open carry dinners and such. When we entered the restaurant,, he would just move his cover garment to the side(Va Tuck), exposing the grip of his Springfield 1911 and enter with the rest of us. If it is easily recognizable as a gun, it is not concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    When I read "Open carry with a Supertuck" in the title of this thread, my first reaction was WHY?

Then I read it and I see you are asking about the possibility of going into a restaurant there in VA where you are required to either not carry or open carry. Silly law if you ask me. But I see where your concern comes from.

I do not carry IWB as I find it very uncomfortable. My only suggestion would be to find a good OWB holster to conceal and open carry with.
    Mike beat me to it...not to mention you'd get enough attention from a normal OWB holster. I can just imagine the conversations with a supertuck hanging out.

Also, I don't really see how it would be possible to stick the holster between the belt and pants. Retention would be bad, probably sag a good bit because it's not made for that, and you wouldn't be able to utilize all the belt loops on your pants.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

the problem with that it would only take one officer who claimed that not enough of the pistol is in plain sight you must be able to see three sides of the holstered pistol the holster being part of the pistol while it is in it. so one officer could say that the belt over the holster conceals to much of the pistol

Quote Originally Posted by tomcatg View Post
    Does anyone in Va. just stay concealed in a restaurant? I mean everytime I have to go in a restaurant where I can't cc I think of the lady in the restaurant who lost both her parents because she left her gun in her car. She says she would never do that again she would rather risk prosecution than losing a family member.
    Since I don't conceal very well (don't have to, since OC is legal most places), I would never consider CC'ing in a restaurant. With my luck, the place would have an ABC-ON license (license to sell and serve alcohol on premises), and I would get busted, plain and simple.

I agree - I would not leave it in my car either, both for reasons of self-defense and fear of theft. But OC is much easier than worrying about CC.

Links