First sheep comment...funny - Page 2

First sheep comment...funny

This is a discussion on First sheep comment...funny within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Im still trying to get used to people putting a tabbogen on their head!!!!!!...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First sheep comment...funny

Im still trying to get used to people putting a tabbogen on their head!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ASSA9 View Post
    There are Yankees ,Transplants and then there are Converts.
    If you've ever used the term "BIG OLE TRUCK"your a Convert.
    Welcome Y'all
    I'm still wondering about all the broken stuff down here, because everyone is always 'fixin' to do stuff.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Hahahaha!!!!!!

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    I live in the hills of Appalachia, and in our county (one stoplight) most of the men probably have permits. I'm originally from [glancing left and right, lowering voice] California, and found that the folks here are nicer and a lot deeper than anyone I knew from the West Coast. Their character is what drew me here: I want to be like them when I grow up.

Which has actually presented a problem: I tend to adopt speech patterns pretty rapidly, and my use of the local patois could be perceived as mocking, as nobody is considered a local here for about six generations. I certainly don't mean to offend, but I fear how such speech might be taken. So what are all y'all's thoughts on that?
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    You're not a proper Southerner until you can answer this: What is the plural form of "y'all?"
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Way to go TN_Mike!!!

I open carry almost all the time now that the weather is warmer and am very comfortable doing so. I get a few looks, but for the most part folks just don't seem concerned. I even went in and out of several jewelry stores at our outdoor mall last week with one of my daughters. I was wearing kakhi pants and a black golf shirt. I had my Glock 27 in an OWB pancake holster with a spare mag on the left side. Again...no one seemed concerned. The South is great!!!

In Jersey, these gal's might have thought you were with the MOB.

Hey folks, sheeple from the none-free states don't know any better. They think we are crazy! They have been force fed inaccurate and misleading anti gun propaganda for so long that they are indeed brainwashed. Every time they hear the word "Gun" it's always in the hands of a felon or spun in a negative light. The only thing we can do is feel sorry for them and continue shedding light on the truth by supporting organizations like the NRA and thru the power of the vote. Good Job TN_MIKE for seizing the opportunity to educate those poor victims. They may someday "get it". I know I did, but it took moving out of New York City to cut the bonds of oppression.
    There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
    - General George Patton Jr

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    You're not a proper Southerner until you can answer this: What is the plural form of "y'all?"
    Actually, Paymeister already got it right.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by orangevol View Post
    Way to go TN_Mike!!!

I open carry almost all the time now that the weather is warmer and am very comfortable doing so. I get a few looks, but for the most part folks just don't seem concerned. I even went in and out of several jewelry stores at our outdoor mall last week with one of my daughters. I was wearing kakhi pants and a black golf shirt. I had my Glock 27 in an OWB pancake holster with a spare mag on the left side. Again...no one seemed concerned. The South is great!!!

In Jersey, these gal's might have thought you were with the MOB.
    Would be the Carriage Crossing? I have only been there once.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I've still got family in Upstate NY around Syracuse. Step-sister and her husband came down last July 4th and my mom was nice enough to "volunteer" me to take him shooting at the range .

B-I-L was amazed he didn't have to show a driver's license and FOID card when buying ammo, never mind the fact that I could legally carry any handgun I wanted. I told him TN is a free state, we can buy whatever we want. I was actually glad to see them leave, redneck jokes get old REAL quick - especially when my wife was born and raised here in Nashville (if momma ain't happy...). Let 'em go live with Winter snow drifts and outwardly rude people, I'll stay here where most folks are friendly and we enjoy our freedom.
    Jack

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    I've still got family in Upstate NY around Syracuse. Step-sister and her husband came down last July 4th and my mom was nice enough to "volunteer" me to take him shooting at the range .

B-I-L was amazed he didn't have to show a driver's license and FOID card when buying ammo, never mind the fact that I could legally carry any handgun I wanted. I told him TN is a free state, we can buy whatever we want. I was actually glad to see them leave, redneck jokes get old REAL quick - especially when my wife was born and raised here in Nashville (if momma ain't happy...). Let 'em go live with Winter snow drifts and outwardly rude people, I'll stay here where most folks are friendly and we enjoy our freedom.
    Jack
    Amen Maclean. I gre up in Utica (only YOU will know that name), and even there the automatic association is gun=illegal.
    I almost cringe at the thought of relatives coming to visit. They just don't get it. I did, even when I lived in the north. I railed against the stupidity, then finally took my leave after banging my head against the wall for too many years.

TN Mike, my neighbor,
    Good job! Excellent reply. They still think your crazy though!
    "Don't Tread on Me"

VIP Member
    Funny story and good chat with them. Wouldn't you like to know what they talked about after they drove off?

Did they drive farther south or turn and speed back to NJ?

I've lived in the South all my life......I know what's here..... I ain't leavin'.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

the plural for ya'LL is You'en or you'ens...least roun here

Quote Originally Posted by motorhed66 View Post
    the plural for ya'LL is You'en or you'ens...least roun here
    Bzzzz!

But thank you for playing.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I think the correct answer is "All Y'all".
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links