Defensive Carry banner

No longer being harassed by police for OCing; could it be true?

3K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  matiki 
#1 ·
Well, after being harassed almost every time I went out walking around Concord, NH open carrying I went three days this long weekend without being stopped or having a police dispatched! I guess they are learning perhaps?

Or could it be my new tee-shirt that says, 'I'm lawfully carrying my pistol(s). Please do not call the police on me'?

I did have a number of people stop me to tell me they liked my shirt. I'm going to have to see about making some more.

Safe carrying all!

I also walked around the Manchester Memorial day festival thing in Arms park. There was a good 1-2k+ people there. I walked by a number of police even asked them a question about when the fireworks started.

All in all a good weekend, hopefully they keep up the lack of harassment :)

#2 ·
Hehehe, sorry but did you say Manchester NH? Open Carry Litter pick up! Sorry. You have someone on youtube from there that organizes Open Carry Litter pickups in Manchester NH.

#4 ·
That is a great idea,.. Dress up in prison garb and open carry,.. Then go out and help pickup litter.. If your real daring, you can put someone with a AR and mirrored glasses sitting watch,.. LOL... Wonder how many people would get freaked out.... :aargh4:

#12 ·
Not harassed anymore ???
Could be a sign that you are getting older and looking more respectable :rofl:

#14 ·
Haha, well it was only 2 weeks ago that I had been stopped and did the math that it was 3 times in just over a month.

I think that carrying the gun out in the open already has the advertising part covered.

I think the idea of the T-shirt is funny.

I usually carry concealed but maybe I should get one of those shirts and open carry more.

Doobie, ya' done good!
The t-shirt was inspired by my last 'unlawful detention' with a cop, who (paraphrased) said: "I think you are going about this the wrong way."

Me: "What way should I go about it? Wear a t-shirt saying, 'I'm lawfully carrying my pistol, don't call the police on me?'"

I conceal carry sometimes, but the more I was harassed by the police the more I felt I needed to open carry. Now that they've gotten the hint, perhaps I don't need to OC as much...nawh!

#26 ·
So much animosity between the OCers and the CCers. It's straight out of West Side Story. I wanna be on whichever side names themselves "The Sharks".

I'm perfectly fine with OC or CC. Typically I CC due to work, but there are time where I will CC without much emphasis on the first C. I figure if you OC you're already broadcasting, so why not have a funny shirt? Jerks have funny shirts. Perverts have funny shirts. Morons have funny shirts. Why not OCers?

#27 ·
I like the T-shirt idea. I know a guy that's constantly hassled in Seattle for open carry (part of me wonders if he's trying to pay off his student loans through legal action). I'm going to forward your idea to him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.