credit union meeting....

This is a discussion on credit union meeting.... within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am on the board of directors at a small credit union. tonite at the meeting it was brought up that open carry in a ...

Thread: credit union meeting....

credit union meeting....

I am on the board of directors at a small credit union. tonite at the meeting it was brought up that open carry in a financial institution is legal in montana, ( the sheep were gasping at this ) She showed us a picure of a no weapons sign, so i had to give my opinion that the sign is only for law abiding citizens bad guys dont care. I asked if they had a lot of people openly carrying weapons in the CU sounded like it had never happened. Sheep. they are everywhere!!!

2. Remove Ads

So what did the board finally decide on? Are they going to try to prohibit law abiding citizens from carrying or not?
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Section 2. Openly carrying weapon -- display -- exemption. (1) Any person who is not otherwise prohibited from doing so by federal or state law may openly carry a weapon and may communicate to another person the fact that the person has a weapon.

(2) If a person reasonably believes that the person or another person is threatened with bodily harm, the person may warn or threaten the use of force, including deadly force, against the aggressor, including drawing or presenting a weapon.

(3) This section does not limit the authority of the board of regents or other postsecondary institutions to regulate the carrying of weapons, as defined in 45-8-361(5)(b), on their campuses.

Open carry is now perfectly legal in MT as passed in HB228 on 4-29-09
    http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/2009/billhtml/HB0228.htm

Although CC is still prohibited in financial institutions.
    "Planning to draw and chamber a round after TSHTF is like planning to fasten your seatbelt after you see the other guy run a stopsign..."

Professional hand engraver.
    To see full picture of knife in Avatar click here

1943 - 2009
    Even though open carry is now legal by statute in Montana, as Longbow pointed out, I would not OC in any financial institution under any circumstances. Bankers are bankers, and they all get nervous about guns on their premises. OC in a financial institution will get you hassled.

Remember, while HB228 was sitting on the Governor's desk, the credit union lobby tried a last ditch attempt to get him to exercise an amendatory veto and send the bill back to the Legislature to strip the open carry provision. The move failed, and the Governor signed HB228 as is, but you can rest assured the banking lobby will try to get the OC law repealed in 2011.

And you can take that to the bank (pun intended.)

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

I agree Captain, I wouldnt think of going into a bank in OC mode. That would be asking for it. I will let you know if it comes up next month at the meeting. I will be pushing for no sign. cheers!

Links