Denied Service at Griolis in Virginia (UPDATED)

This is a discussion on Denied Service at Griolis in Virginia (UPDATED) within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Paladin132 Great end to that woodstock. I am glad that it turned out the way that it did. After all the press ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Denied Service at Griolis in Virginia (UPDATED)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin132 View Post
    Great end to that woodstock. I am glad that it turned out the way that it did. After all the press comming out of TN right now over their allowing carry in resturants that server alcohol this is a good thing. My dad, girlfriend, and family will not go anyplace that are firearms are not welcome, so if you encounter such policies in the future, please notify the community. Some of us do NOT feel that it is a punishment of ourselves.
    Taken care of by your local Mod.

If you want an opinion, I think you should accept the gift certificate and ask the owner to donate to a local worthy cause (some children's fund, church function etc.) that way the owner will see he is dealing with an honorable citizen that was indeed troubled and not a moocher seeking a free meal. That will elevate the cause of OC in the eyes of at least one business owner IMHO.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

2. Remove Ads

Perhaps someone mentioned that the hippocritic "Governor" thinks that court officers (and LEOs)are not a problem with drinking and carrying and allows them to CC and drink.

This is also a problem with AZ laws. You cannot carry period in any establishment that serves alcohol. This presents a problem since its not always easy to tell which do and which don't. I am putting myself in serious legal Jeopardy every time I walk into an eating establishment when I don't know if they serve alcohol or not.

Now I havent actually walked in to any establishment that serves alcohol yet...or have I? I was in a game room this weekend where they had gaming machines. I know Dave&Busters has a setup like that and they serve alcohol...so maybe this place did?

Its a ******** law!!!

VIP Member
    Excellent outcome! I think your post shows it's worth the time it takes to write a well phrased letter!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Good job, I am kind of surprised by the reply the way things are now.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Woodstock, you are to be congratulated for your efforts, and thanked for opening up another restaurant for us. Great job!

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    hey if you dont want me there you dont want my money that what i think
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

You won't have to wait too long for the VA law to change, both gov. candidates said they would pass the law allowing CC in restaurants.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    You won't have to wait too long for the VA law to change, both gov. candidates said they would pass the law allowing CC in restaurants.
    Actually it will take until the end of 2010 (1 1/2 year) before the law changes. Kaine's term doesn't end until the end of this year. Then you have to wait until the legislative session for a new bill to get passed (hopefully) with it not going into law until the following December.

That is terrific. It does go to show that just a few times in our life one person writing can make a difference so we never know when that one time is so we need to be dilligent in our pursuit to right wrongs!!!!

Stand up and be counted. You will not stand lone!
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Actually it will take until the end of 2010 (1 1/2 year) before the law changes. Kaine's term doesn't end until the end of this year. Then you have to wait until the legislative session for a new bill to get passed (hopefully) with it not going into law until the following December.
    Actually the law would take effect JULY 1st 2010.............
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links