Someone tried to run me over while open carrying!

This is a discussion on Someone tried to run me over while open carrying! within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Some guy with a blue/dark colored SUV/van Illinois license plates 70100 or 10700 (don't remember which but know it is one of them; I think ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Some guy with a blue/dark colored SUV/van Illinois license plates 70100 or 10700 (don't remember which but know it is one of them; I think it was 10700) tried to run me over last weekend. I was crossing a road at a cross walk where I had the Walk sign (and there is an electronic "No turn on red" sign at that point). The guy came around the corner without stopping (violation #1), through the no turn on red sign (violation #2), nearly hitting me in the process. I turned and yelled at him since the window was open and had my hand near my pistol cuz I had no idea if he was going to continue to run me over (sorta violation #3). He looked pretty scared. I continued to walk and he tried to go around me where upon he almost hit me AGAIN (sorta violation #4). If he had hit me and I was capable I'd have drawn at the guy.

The guy behind him turned as well.... *sigh*. I think I'm going to stand at that intersection with a video camera and open carry and record everyone who runs the light.... of course the police can't do anything unless they witness it....so maybe it's useless.
    Criminals For Gun Control
    Brady's Campaign Pro-Gun Forum

Member: NRA, PG-NH, GO-NH
    Life Member: JPFO, GOA
    Clubs: LF&GC

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Where was this?

Concord, NH: N. Main St and Loudon Rd.
    Criminals For Gun Control
    Brady's Campaign Pro-Gun Forum

Member: NRA, PG-NH, GO-NH
    Life Member: JPFO, GOA
    Clubs: LF&GC

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Today I was coming out of the Dunkin Donuts/Home Depot entrance on 101-A in Nashua. The light turned green on our side and this huge semi-flatbed trailer zoomed right in front of us, ran the red light. Not by a little bit, our side had been green for about a second. It's becoming an epidemic around here. When the light turns green I look both ways before I proceed into an intersection.

Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    Some guy with a blue/dark colored SUV/van Illinois license plates 70100 or 10700 (don't remember which but know it is one of them; I think it was 10700) tried to run me over last weekend. I was crossing a road at a cross walk where I had the Walk sign (and there is an electronic "No turn on red" sign at that point). The guy came around the corner without stopping (violation #1), through the no turn on red sign (violation #2), nearly hitting me in the process. I turned and yelled at him since the window was open and had my hand near my pistol cuz I had no idea if he was going to continue to run me over (sorta violation #3). He looked pretty scared. I continued to walk and he tried to go around me where upon he almost hit me AGAIN (sorta violation #4). If he had hit me and I was capable I'd have drawn at the guy.

The guy behind him turned as well.... *sigh*. I think I'm going to stand at that intersection with a video camera and open carry and record everyone who runs the light.... of course the police can't do anything unless they witness it....so maybe it's useless.
    Well, if somebody did try to run you over then the police CAN do something about it. Its called vehicular assault and could be even worse depending on their intent.

If you really think they were trying to run you down, you should have called 911.

If, however, you think that they were just trying to get around you and were scared of your gun, then you have encountered one of the issues that everybody who carries openly has to put up with every day A SHEEP!

JD
    Administrator
    I'm confused...

Do you think they were trying to run you over because you were OC'ing?

Or is it just that you were shocked because you were open carrying and some knucklehead doesn't know how to drive despite the fact that you were visibly armed?

In Southern Illinois you can see 'em coming. If stopped at a light where a major highway crosses a county highway you better look both ways if you're on the county highway. There are times when the light has been green for several seconds and, if you're still at the intersection, someone [usually with a cell phone in their ear] will shoot through the intersection at about 60MPH. There are times when the cell phone isn't a factor but not often. The first indication will be a failure to slow down when approaching.

"If you OC you will be the first to be ran over!"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I'm confused...

Or is it just that you were shocked because you were open carrying and some knucklehead doesn't know how to drive despite the fact that you were visibly armed?
    I'm confused also

YOU need to be more observant. You may have had the right of way, but you could easily have been 'dead right'.
    It doesn't seem to me to be anything to be drawing a weapon about.
    Bad drivers do not deserve to be shot (OK, maybe), and you will never look like you're defending yourself...just look both ways before you cross...forget the gun.
    I would always choose to give 3000 pounds of metal a wide berth.

(If I shot at every bad driver I encountered each day, the ammo shortage would get much worse. )
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    Some guy with a blue/dark colored SUV/van Illinois license plates 70100 or 10700 (don't remember which but know it is one of them; I think it was 10700) tried to run me over last weekend. I was crossing a road at a cross walk where I ). If he had hit me and I was capable I'd have drawn at the guy.
    Were you wearing your "I'm carrying" tee shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by dougwg View Post
    "If you OC you will be the first to be ran over!"
    Now that's funny right there.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I'm confused...

Glad to see I'm not the only one who was confused. Would there even be a post about it if the OP had been CC'ing?

Quote Originally Posted by llongshot View Post
    In Southern Illinois you can see 'em coming. If stopped at a light where a major highway crosses a county highway you better look both ways if you're on the county highway. There are times when the light has been green for several seconds and, if you're still at the intersection, someone [usually with a cell phone in their ear] will shoot through the intersection at about 60MPH. There are times when the cell phone isn't a factor but not often. The first indication will be a failure to slow down when approaching.
    How can they have a cell phone to their ear? I thought Illinois required hands free? Or is that just up near Chicago?
    Eric

EM1(SS) Retired

For freedom is never free someone else just picks up tab.

Kimber Custom II
    Kimber Eclips Pro II
    Marlin Camp Rifle .45acp

A 9mm may expand but a .45acp won't shrink

Remember there are only two types of Ships in the Navy, SUBMARINES and Targets!

VIP Member
    Okay... NEXT!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links