Hooksett, NH cop acts belligerent and uses profanity to Law-Abiding Citizen for OCing

This is a discussion on Hooksett, NH cop acts belligerent and uses profanity to Law-Abiding Citizen for OCing within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I admire Doobie for "educating" both the police and also some of the enlightened who feel that they have to comply with anything a LEO ...

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Hooksett, NH cop acts belligerent and uses profanity to Law-Abiding Citizen for OCing

I admire Doobie for "educating" both the police and also some of the enlightened who feel that they have to comply with anything a LEO says.There are a-holes in all professions and respect is a two way street.Thank you Doobie for putting yourself in harms way for our rights.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    I admire Doobie for recruiting some of his friends to log on here and support his cause and his thread.

Gotta love the internet...
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kpw View Post
    If that were only true.

Hardly an LE basher but there are always bad apples. Fortunately, they seem to be few and far between around here.
    I think if you go out looking for the "bad apples" you will succeed in finding them.

I have known a few LEO's that I wonder how they made it through the academy, but as a whole I think really highly of LEO's. Not only because I have family (brother, uncles and such) in law enforcement, but because I know a few aside from their on-duty time.

Like I said, if you look for trouble, it will find you.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Thanks for the definitions HotGuns.

Given the attitude of both parties, what do you think would have happened if Doobie simply shrugged his shoulders and walked away from the officer when he started asking questions? I am asking for an officers opinion here.

Thanks again,

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

Senior Moderator
    Given the attitude of both parties, what do you think would have happened if Doobie simply shrugged his shoulders and walked away from the officer when he started asking questions? I am asking for an officers opinion here.
    I think the officer would have went on red alert.

The guy is walking around with a gun. Now he refuses to respond to the officer. Flag # 1.

You dont know his intent, you dont know where he is going. He turns his back on you. Flag #2

He refuses any further communication.
    Flag #3.

Does this sound like the average Joe Blow walking around? A normal person would know and understand that he needs to talk to the cop. Doobie was smart enough to realize that, so it didnt go that far.

I am as pro-gun as they come, but I am not taking any chances. After the second or third request to communicate, I will be looking at him over gun sights next.

Any man with a gun call is not to be taken lightly. It may be legal, it may be illegal. If its legal, that is one thing. Acting the fool is another. Refusing to respond to an armed officer requesting that you speak to him is not only foolish and irresponsible, but dangerous.

Thinking otherwise is to ignore reality.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Doobie responded to what he needed to.Just because they ask questions that are none of their business does not mean you must comply.Thinking that we must answer to big brother whenever he wants is ignoring reality.

Senior Moderator
    Doobie responded to what he needed to.Just because they ask questions that are none of their business does not mean you must comply.Thinking that we must answer to big brother whenever he wants is ignoring reality.
    But therein lies the rub.
    It IS the business of the police to respond to every call. Do you think they could just ignore it?

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    Send me the money to get a license and perhaps I'll think about going to CCW.
    C'mon doobie, it's $10 for a resident permit. Your video camera cost a lot more than that.

It's not about the money for you, it's a cause that you're willing to die for.

If you post something online about pro-2A / OC, and can't get a pro-gun crowd to agree with your tatics, the feedback and criticism of that pro-gun group should carry some weight. I'm willing to believe the person in the vid is trying to do something positive for the cause (be it OC or 2A). But again, If so many from a a form like this site believes it could have done better and has done little to help (or perhaps has hindered) the cause, the goal, the education of the general public, must not have been accomplished.

I think it is fair to state many of us are not in NH, so perhaps those who are producing videos like this in NH are reacting to something we don't fully understand. All I can say to that is that I've seen a few of the other vids dealing with OC in NH, and I believe they do a better job.

Hope things improve in NH.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Senior Moderator
    One thing is for certain.

Since open carry is not illlegal in New Hampshire, then the people that reside there need to be educated about it and get over the fact that its legal. The residents that do it, the cops that check them out, everyone there needs to know about it to avoid future conflicts.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

I agree. It's basic 'innocent until proven guilty'
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Mac View Post
    It's an offense in NE for anyone under 18 to POSSESS a handgun (the law actually says "revolver", but case law applies it to pistols as well), absent adult supervision.

To be eligible for a NE CONCEALED handgun permit, the applicant must be 21 or older.

There is no restriction in STATE law regarding open carry. Some cities have such ordinances, though.
    I knew that Thanks for the correction. You can possess a hand gun at 18, you just can't buy ammo for it until you are 21.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    I'm not sure I understand this.

Can you walk around in NH with a fire arm and NOT have an ID??

I'm not against OCing, but I think if you do you should have an ID on you and if you don't and you get detained, I'd expect that you get cuffed and taken to the station until such time that you can be properly identified and cleared.

Now let the fight begin.
    guilty until proven innocent
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    I think if you go out looking for the "bad apples" you will succeed in finding them.

I have known a few LEO's that I wonder how they made it through the academy, but as a whole I think really highly of LEO's. Not only because I have family (brother, uncles and such) in law enforcement, but because I know a few aside from their on-duty time.

Like I said, if you look for trouble, it will find you.
    As a whole.... I agree. If you've never had a bad experience with an officer, I can see where your coming from. I've dealt with a couple unpleasant individuals and two that were downright azzhats that planted a beer bottle in my car and lied about me drinking so I wouldn't fight a ticket. One later went to jail for beating the crap out of his girlfriend. I could go on but the point I'm trying to make is that for every one of THOSE cops, I've met and interacted with dozens that were nothing but professional, courteous and polite. If you've never had to deal with any of the former, your lucky. Like I said, few and far between but you don't forget them.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

there are definitely "good" cops out there. just few and far between. again everyone seems to somehow villainize doobie for his PERCEIVED attitude. The "He was looking for it" argument is getting old at this point. To those arguing it, do you not understand that "he was looking for it" DOESNT MATTER!!!!?

DOES NOT MATTER.

that is a period. as in, end of statement.

Links