Hooksett, NH cop acts belligerent and uses profanity to Law-Abiding Citizen for OCing - Page 4

Hooksett, NH cop acts belligerent and uses profanity to Law-Abiding Citizen for OCing

This is a discussion on Hooksett, NH cop acts belligerent and uses profanity to Law-Abiding Citizen for OCing within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; buddy, you need to seriously consider 2 things in the future: 1) Always Always carry an ID with you when you pack heat. Not carrying ...

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    buddy, you need to seriously consider 2 things in the future:

1) Always Always carry an ID with you when you pack heat. Not carrying it is an invitation for an LEO to harass you and haul you in.

2) Don't get smart with the LEOs when you open carry; that doesn't do any of us a favor here or for the cause. The smarter you get with them, the more reason they have to escalate things with you into a situation you are definitely going to lose no matter how right you think you are.

Follow those rules the next time you OC, tape it and compare the 2 incidents. I'll bet you get a different treatment next time around....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Two totally different responses; the other one isn't processed/posted because there wasn't much in the way of police harassment
    So basically looking to post video that cast LEO's in a bad light is one of the goals here.

Scream he wasn't doing anything wrong all you want, but the fact is:

News at 11: Guy walking down street openly carrying firearm is stopped and questioned who wasn't committing a crime, police ifringe upon rights........

News at11: Guy walking down street shoots and kills three people, he had been openly carrying a firearm but police didnt question him because he hadn't commited crime YET.....

Either way the LEO gets faulted, so might as well be pro-active I say.
    Sometimes we can't see the closet anti-LEO coming.

If you go around looking for a reaction, and please, it is more than obvious you are, and you get one you don't like, too bad.

I'm really not sure where the problem with your encounter is. It seems as if you got almost exactly what you sought out that day.
    Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

I'm just sorry this got what was wanted here, attention, but it won't get any more from me....
    My heroes are Veterans and My Father (who was a veteran).

I believe prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance should have REMAINED in schools, and the Ten Commandments should have REMAINED in schools, courthouses, and everywhere else it was before the ACLU got involved.

I'd be willing to bet the first time Doobie gets "caught" without the camera/recorder he has a bad day. Cameras equalize the threat of bad cops.

BTW, I don't think it matters if they say they don't give their permission to be recorded if in public or even in private while performing official business as long as your not getting in the way or obstructing justice. It's considered public domain if it happens in public, the same reason the girls on Girls Gone Wild videos couldn't file charges for their appearances while "going wild" in clubs, beach, etc. The work for the State and not "undercover" so it's public information.
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

DID YOU KNOW: 89.3% of all quoted statistics are fabricated

Just a thought but what if (God forbid) you ended up having to use your gun after having talked to the officer and were walking back to your car? Do you think this would help or hurt your case? Even your video shows you were out looking for trouble. What would the officer say at your trial?

Officer in trial: "yeah we got a lot of reports about this guy with a gun. I tried to talk to him but he was uncooprative but nothing I could legally do. Then an hour later the guy shot another person. I just wish there had been a law in place so I could have stopped him before he killed the guy"

Sure it was most likely a good shoot but now the only thing that would be in the news is that officers couldn't stop you and we need more gun laws. Thanks you just set us back 20 years in protecting our rights.
    There's nothing wrong with shooting so long as the right people get shot. -- Dirty Harry Calahan

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny85 View Post
    Just a thought but what if (God forbid) you ended up having to use your gun after having talked to the officer and were walking back to your car? Do you think this would help or hurt your case? Even your video shows you were out looking for trouble. What would the officer say at your trial?

Officer in trial: "yeah we got a lot of reports about this guy with a gun. I tried to talk to him but he was uncooprative but nothing I could legally do. Then an hour later the guy shot another person. I just wish there had been a law in place so I could have stopped him before he killed the guy"

Sure it was most likely a good shoot but now the only thing that would be in the news is that officers couldn't stop you and we need more gun laws. Thanks you just set us back 20 years in protecting our rights.
    Excellent points. Our Doobie and like minded people who agree with his methods really need to consider this logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny85 View Post
    There is no need to consider this. It is red hearing scenario.
    We could just as easily use this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trbrenke
    Just a thought but what if (God forbid) you ended up having to use your gun after having talked to the officer and were walking back to your car?
    Officer in trial: "yeah we got a lot of reports about this guy with a gun. I tried to talk to him but he was uncooperative. There was no law being broken so I could not legally stop him. Then an hour later the guy shot another person. He had to do that because the perp was just released from the asylum and went after him with a knife. There was no prior contact between then, it was a random attack. I just wish there had been a law in place so I could have stopped the guy being released before he forced an innocent man to kill him"
    Just as valid as the prior made up story.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

1. Man is walking down the street lawfully open carrying.
    2. Man is unlawfully detained by LEO for lawfully open carrying. The sheeples ignorance of the law and feelings are not probable cause.
    3. LEO asks for ID during an unlawful detention (he was not required to give ID to the LEO as it was an unlawful detention).

Of course, the LEO has to respond to the call but he could have just as easily observed the man from afar and been done with it if there is obviously no law being broken. The fact that the man was recording the encounter with the LEO is irrelevant. The way I see it the LEO was in the wrong period.
    Could the man have been a little more tactful towards the LEO? Yes, but oh well. I may not agree with the way the man acted towards the LEO but I applaud his standing up for his rights.

Just my .02.
    "No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by tbrenke View Post
    There is no need to consider this. It is red hearing scenario.
    We could just as easily use this one.

Just as valid as the prior made up story.
    Why do you even carry a gun?! if your not willing to evaluate possible scenarios you are no different then the rest of the sheep. I truely hope your scenario is the way things would go but somehow I doubt acting like a jerk to a LEO is going to get him on your side.

Look at the media and tell me how far pro-gun news stories in comparison to anti-gun. it could even go so far as to have the first scenario hit the news and end up being the second scenario once it gets to court. still ends up with nation wide news stating a need for gun control laws, and later when its found out the first report was flawed they some how ignore the story after that.

Don't consider this scenario just go put your head back in the sand and say to your self this couldn't happen everything is fine.

If you can't think things through before you act please just leave the gun at home.
    There's nothing wrong with shooting so long as the right people get shot. -- Dirty Harry Calahan

Quote Originally Posted by iKonixx View Post
    1. Man is walking down the street lawfully open carrying.
    2. Man is unlawfully detained by LEO for lawfully open carrying. The sheeples ignorance of the law and feelings are not probable cause.
    3. LEO asks for ID during an unlawful detention (he was not required to give ID to the LEO as it was an unlawful detention).

Just my .02.
    So??? Man didn't break any laws. The fact remains his actions were unwise, childish, and ultimately reflected poorly on all of us who choose to carry guns for protection. Why defend this kind of behavior?

If officer was responding to a call about the OP I say the problem is the call taker. Call never should have been sent for dispatch. But, if it was and he responded, I have no problem with him. He did his job. He responded, investigated, found no violation and cleared. If he self intiated he could have been a bit more diplomatic, but diplomats work for the state department not the police department.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I agree with you here. But what you are missing is that the bears are looking out for the people as a whole, not just doobie or his groups interests. The people as a whole defined that doobie needed checked out.
    Haven't missed or ignored it. Just didn't focus on it, as the ostensible over-arching goals of police aren't what's in question here.

And, the actions we're speaking of are simple: walking down the street. Not the the person's appreciation of the probability of contact/detention in that area based on known police attitudes in the area.

The fact remains: the actions didn't require contact. They certainly didn't warrant abusive language, heavy-handedness or detention of any sort, as no such suspicious or criminal actions drew or lured the police.

That the "suspect," here, was capable of recording the contact as it played out isn't relevant to the justifiability of the contact/detention.

Let's keep our eyes on the ball, here, as to what the dishonorable action actually was.

Here's the thing. The world is what we make of it. If we allow "authority" to run away with itself, we quickly get an end that nobody's going to like. If when it goes too far we help others see this, where's the infraction? Recording what is isn't itself the problem, here.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Sorry, I'm one of the guilty parties here. It just chaps me to see our own undermining our cause foolishly. In maintaining our RKBA, winning in the courts of public opinion is quite important.
    This is exactly correct. Our rights are protected by the government, which is made up of our friends and neighbors. Acting foolishly and childishly with the mindset of antagonizing authorities does a great deal of harm to our cause. If people think gun owners act as a juvenile seeking attention then they will be more inclined to pass legislation to mitigate that behavior.

Acting out never has good consequences. I would like to think gun owners are able to show more maturity and be good public stewards of public relations, especially if they take the risk of open carry. This behavior is damaging to all of us.

To paraphrase the mantra of attention seeking open carriers, a right abused is a right lost.

What is to be gained by antagonizing them with uncooperative and silly behavior?
    Among some who open carry, that type of behavior and being questioned by LEO is a badge of honor. It is like a juvenile college hazing ritual or a gang banger hoping for 'street cred.'

I support open carry but I would also support state legislation that requires gun carriers to present identification anytime it is requested.

Act like an adult and there is no problem with LE. Act like a child and get treated as such. Put away childish things.

Regardless of his childishness and desire to provoke LEO into confrontation, IT IS STILL HIS RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS, REGARDLESS OF HIS METHOD OR MOTIVATION. Please don't forget this. The same applies to speech, religion, etc.
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

DID YOU KNOW: 89.3% of all quoted statistics are fabricated

Quote Originally Posted by sspargo View Post
    Regardless of his childishness and desire to provoke LEO into confrontation, IT IS STILL HIS RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS, REGARDLESS OF HIS METHOD OR MOTIVATION. Please don't forget this. The same applies to speech, religion, etc.
    With due respect, his right to bear arms is not what's at issue here.

This guy is trolling for trouble Why would he filming himself. I have nothing bad to say about oc but when you go out with the purpose of trying to attract attention you can bet someone will call the cops and the cop will have to investigate. Being a wise guy dose not help. The cop definitely had a foul mouth and needs to clean up his act.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Links