Hooksett, NH cop acts belligerent and uses profanity to Law-Abiding Citizen for OCing - Page 9

Hooksett, NH cop acts belligerent and uses profanity to Law-Abiding Citizen for OCing

This is a discussion on Hooksett, NH cop acts belligerent and uses profanity to Law-Abiding Citizen for OCing within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by QKShooter Holdcard "I'm also curious why the officer was allowed to use profanity?" It's the Amendment that comes right before the 2nd ...

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Hooksett, NH cop acts belligerent and uses profanity to Law-Abiding Citizen for OCing

mistaken...

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Holdcard
    "I'm also curious why the officer was allowed to use profanity?"

It's the Amendment that comes right before the 2nd one.
    sorry you do not need those as "Our rights are protected by the government."
    and the first one does not apply here.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    Just curious, but where is that 'right' described and protected?
    That might be this one from the New Hampshire Contitution:
    [Art.] 10. [Right of Revolution.] Government being instituted for the common benefit, protection, and security, of the whole community, and not for the private interest or emolument of any one man, family, or class of men; therefore, whenever the ends of government are perverted, and public liberty manifestly endangered, and all other means of redress are ineffectual, the people may, and of right ought to reform the old, or establish a new government. The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.

June 2, 1784
    Nice to see there are some right thinking people back east still.

Also for the officer to legally stop you, from New Hamsphire state codes:
    594:2 Questioning and Detaining Suspects. – A peace officer may stop any person abroad whom he has reason to suspect is committing, has committed or is about to commit a crime, and may demand of him his name, address, business abroad and where he is going.
    Source. 1941, 163:2. RL 423:21. RSA 594:2. 1985, 255:2, eff. Jan. 1, 1986.
    And we know the courts have ruled that a persons simple posession of a legal weapon does not meet this standard.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Just like the folks that marched for their civil rights. Trouble makers. If you have a right to do something why upset the folks by exercising that right? No need to rub their noses in it. You should be happy to sit quietly and know that you have a right. Lets don't spoil things by exercising our rights in public.

Michael
    With all due respect I find the comparison rather silly. IMO Doobie's actions here have no equivalence with those of the civil rights folks of the 60s. It is what it is....Let's not portray it as more than it is.

Just curious, but where is that 'right' described and protected?

I was not aware that any of our rights needed to be listed anywhere?

Michael

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I was not aware that any of our rights needed to be listed anywhere?
    The point is that some people like to make up rights if it suits their individual purpose. If the LEO violated the law then he should be prosecuted. In fact, HIS rights were violated by dealing with an annoying and uncooperative person.

It works both ways. When someone screeches about rights in our representative republic their complaints are usually unfounded. In this case, no one's rights were violated. The fact of the matter is some people do not respect authority, a childish trait.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    I don't think they're all out to hassle us for OCing, and maybe it's how we act when we're approached that governs the tone of the interaction.

Just saying.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kpw View Post
    SD, the thing is, we are not children and LE is not our daddy. As childish as anyone thinks doobie's behavior may be, he was perfectly legal to act that way. Society has mandated what he could and could not do and he acted within those limits. We just don't like it.
    It is not a matter of what is legal. It is a matter of what is right. It is a matter of what is moral. It is a matter of reasonable behavior. Reasonable people would show identification and answer simple questions. As with most of this childish acts, a normal person would have resolved the issue in seconds and may make a friend, as well.

As much as I like Sergeant Mac's approach, his definition of RAS might be a little wanting in some states. His approach seems more than reasonable but I'm sure there are some that would take offence to it anyway.
    Any police actions are offensive to some. (Until, of course, they need an LEO.)

I keep writing like I'm sticking up for doobie's methods, I'm not.
    I still haven't been able to understand what this 'method' is supposed to achieve. It is certainly not self defense. It is certainly not promoing gun ownership. It is certainly not educating the public. It is trolling for trouble. It is baiting LEO. It is a way to put a dopey video on the interent and have people post hundreds of messages. It is a cry for attention. Anyone who prides themselves on being detained by LEO (even if there is no detention at all) is significantly out of the mainstream of reasonable people.

The fact of the matter is some people do not respect authority, a childish trait.
    I do belive that this centers on the issue.

I respect people untell they prove to me that they do not deserve it. I do not agree with the way he did it, BUT I FULLY SUPORT HIS RIGHT TO DO IT. And I think that the bashing of his actions that i see on this list, is disgraceful.

This reminds me of a story.
    They came for the blacks, I did nothing becaus I am not black.
    They came for the Jews, I did nothing becaus I am not jewish.
    They came for the asians, I did nothing becaus I am not asian.
    They came for me but there was no one left to stand with.

if any group are tring to get others to respect there rights, how can we do that by not respecting there’s, EVEN IF WE DO NOT AGREE.

he was doing nothing to be detained for.
    "Respect authority"? when authority respects the rule of law also.
    otherwise, video record it and use that to correct the behavior.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    With all due respect I find the comparison rather silly. IMO Doobie's actions here have no equivalence with those of the civil rights folks of the 60s. It is what it is....Let's not portray it as more than it is.
    I think Doobie's actions here are right up there with the civil rights folks. I don't think he necessarily got what he was looking for from these officers, but not every confrontation in the 60's had Bull Connor either. I don't necessarily think his tactics are the greatest but I don't think he is hurting "our cause" in any way. If there are abuses going on out there they need to be publicized, not swept under the rug. After all, if "the government is us", we need to make sure we know what "we" are doing to ourselves. How else are we to maintain control? And every now and then we need to remind some of our employees who they work for. If that means calling them out when they get out of line, so be it.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Senior Moderator
    After all, if "the government is us", we need to make sure we know what "we" are doing to ourselves
    Which reminds me of the often spoken quote,

"I have met the enemy and he is us..."
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrenke View Post
    I do belive that this centers on the issue.

I respect people untell they prove to me that they do not deserve it. I do not agree with the way he did it, BUT I FULLY SUPORT HIS RIGHT TO DO IT. And I think that the bashing of his actions that i see on this list, is disgraceful.

This reminds me of a story.
    They came for the blacks, I did nothing becaus I am not black.
    They came for the Jews, I did nothing becaus I am not jewish.
    They came for the asians, I did nothing becaus I am not asian.
    They came for me but there was no one left to stand with.

if any group are tring to get others to respect there rights, how can we do that by not respecting there’s, EVEN IF WE DO NOT AGREE.

he was doing nothing to be detained for.
    "Respect authority"? when authority respects the rule of law also.
    otherwise, video record it and use that to correct the behavior.
    In the words of Hank Hill,yep.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Which reminds me of the often spoken quote,

"I have met the enemy and he is us..."
    From Pogo, created by Walt Kelly.

"We have met the enemy... and he is us"

I receive many inquiries concerning this quote, so perhaps this page will answer most questions, and explain the origins.

From the foreword to The Pogo Papers, Copyright 1952-53

"The publishers of this book, phrenologists of note, have laid hands upon the author’s head and report the following vibrations:

Herein can be found that rare native tree, the Presidential Timber, struck down in mid-sprout by the jawbone of a politician. Pogo returns to the swamp from a couple of political conventions to find his unfinished business being rapidly finished, once and for all, by rough and ready hands.

With that much information you are about as well equipped as anybody to plunge into the still waters of the Okefenokee Swamp, home of the Pogo people. The activities in this present book were spread shamelessly over the past drought-ridden year. Looking back across the fertilizer, small shafts of green can be seen here and there, while off in the distance wisps of smoke denote the harvesters at work.

Some nature lovers may inquire as to the identity of a few creatures here portrayed. On this point field workers are in some dispute.

Specializations and markings of individuals everywhere abound in such profusion that major idiosyncracies can be properly ascribed to the mass*. Traces of nobility, gentleness and courage persist in all people, do what we will to stamp out the trend. So, too, do those characteristics which are ugly. It is just unfortunate that in the clumsy hands of a cartoonist all traits become ridiculous, leading to a certain amount of self-conscious expostulation and the desire to join battle.

There is no need to sally forth, for it remains true that those things which make us human are, curiously enough, always close at hand. Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blast on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us.

Well regardless of what we think about his actions he has accomplished what he wanted. He's had over 1900 hits on his post and he has split the opinions of what he did, or how he did it, and has all of us continuing to read this stuff.

I for one will not continue to read any post about this anymore. I'm done with it.

I had a not so much anti friend over today and I was telling him about this forum. I was explaining how there is so much wonderful information that is provided here. LOL, he started reading this post and wanted to know if this is the type of things that people on this forum do to draw attention to themselves. He liked the forum as far as some of the other post and questions here about gun carry. For the most part he thought it was a very good forum.

Hopefully I am going to convert him on carrying a gun. One more sheep in training to be a sheepdog. (Maybe)
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grandma4 View Post
    ....He's had over 1900 hits on his post ...
    Must be a slow night on TV!

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    Guy talking with a camera looking around in a semi-frantic manner with an OC in an area know to be less than pro-OC deserves a LE stop.
    I wouldn't say that he DESERVES it.

(just that he thereby forfeits any believable claim of surprise or righteous indignation)

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Links