Wally World OC / My first idiot

This is a discussion on Wally World OC / My first idiot within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I OC in Wally World every time I go in there. Here in Montana it's not so much of an issue as it may be ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wally World OC / My first idiot

Northwest part of God's Country in Montana
    I OC in Wally World every time I go in there. Here in Montana it's not so much of an issue as it may be in other states. I do still get the occasional kid who thinks he's 'thug-nasty' and makes a big deal out of it. I usually keep walking and don't say anything about it. If they act like they left their brain home, I don't even dignify what they say with a comment. I just ignore them and keep on walking. I think it gives them the impression that I'm not looking to joke around right then and there!!
    I actually get a lot of real sincere questions from people though. Especially with summer coming on and the tourist season in full-swing. I OC'd today right in front of a plain-clothed sheriff's deputy who was also armed (kinda' goes without saying) and he didn't even say anything!! He did see it too, I don't hide it but then I don't flaunt it either!!
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion but rather default to your level of training!

Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting!
    -John W. Creasy (Man on Fire)

2. Remove Ads

I OC in wally world all the time. Never had a problem.
    Criminals For Gun Control
    Brady's Campaign Pro-Gun Forum

Member: NRA, PG-NH, GO-NH
    Life Member: JPFO, GOA
    Clubs: LF&GC

VIP Member
    Some people are stupid, some are not; some see the gun and don't care, some well, some people have to comment on everything; some people panic when they see a gun.
    OC has it's place and so does CCW, in some OC legal situations CCW is more prudent; If one OC's where CCW would be more prudent, that person knows what their doing and are expecting what treatment they get. If they did not want the attention they'd CCW.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    nn-- I'm still waiting on CCWP at the moment. 12 days to go before I can turn in my application/packet, then 90+ days till it comes. No choice in the matter for now. Either OC or NO-C.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

I do the WWW on occasion not to often as I know a few people there and most of them don't know I carry or even own a gun.

I tend to OC when I'm out working on something. Crawling under the car is more comfortable with my OC holster then my CC holster. The other day I had to run to the hardware store for a part got in line to cash out and had 2 women from mass behind me. Don't ask me how i knew some of them you can just spot a mile away up here. As I was walking out I heard one of the women tell the cashier "that man had a gun!" to which the cashier responded "so?"
    There's nothing wrong with shooting so long as the right people get shot. -- Dirty Harry Calahan

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Funny I had my first direct contact today. Was in a convenience store when a guy behind me asked, "You always carry that?"

I said, "every day."

He laughed, but then my senses kicked in and I reaalized he actually said "You got a license for that?" Hearing loss id a bear, and the moment was lost.

Oh well, he was friendly, admitted his uncle carried too.

On another note, ws in WW a few months ago and spotted another OCer. Skinny, short man around 55, holster was sagging against his belt. Nobody cared...
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    I don't like dealing with stupid and rude people so I don't OC except while hunting. My response probably would have been, "Wow! That was stupid!".

Come on! This was really the first idiot you have ever met at wally world?

Michael

Another OC in Wally World today and nothing happened. I usually don't get any stupid people or 'sheeple' that pitch a fit about seeing someone carrying an handgun in there. I mean, there is the occasional look and the comment made by one person to another person in their vicinity. Otherwise, there isn't much commotion about it at all. The biggest problem I had was getting kicked out of a local Gas Station for carrying!!
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion but rather default to your level of training!

Maybe we should add ourselves to the Wal-mart bingo card!

"Gun Nut with a pistol."
    Pro Deo, Pro Familia, Pro Patria

Ruger SR9 - Crossbreed STD
    Savage 10FP

Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    I OC in wally world all the time. Never had a problem.
    I've OCed in WW many times, only one idiot. Most comments while OCing has been very positive.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Come on! This was really the first idiot you have ever met at wally world?

Michael
    Point taken! :) However, this was my first idiot while I was BWAG. (Bunny With A Gun)
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

I have OC'd at WW many times before. Once had the store security ask me if I was an LEO. When I responded no, he asked me to hand over the gun, because it was illegal to carry a gun if not an LEO. Once it was explained to the store manager, who I knew, that #1: It was legal to carry either open or concealed with a permit and #2: Even if it wasn't, I was not about to hand over a $900 handgun to an idiot loss prevention employee, I never had another problem. I don't OC very often, but sometimes it is just too darn hot and humid to try to conceal.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

He seriously expected you to hand over your gun?! What a mental giant he was!! I gotta say though, even if it was a $95 Hi-Point I wouldn't hand it over. It's my protection and he wouldn't touch it for anything!!

Quote Originally Posted by ecorrigan View Post
    He seriously expected you to hand over your gun?! What a mental giant he was!! I gotta say though, even if it was a $95 Hi-Point I wouldn't hand it over. It's my protection and he wouldn't touch it for anything!!

Yeah, he didn't work there long after that.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links