OC is becoming easier in TN.

This is a discussion on OC is becoming easier in TN. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have OC'd for about 99% of the time here in Knoxville and Sevierville TN area for the past couple of weeks. Going to Walmart, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OC is becoming easier in TN.

I have OC'd for about 99% of the time here in Knoxville and Sevierville TN area for the past couple of weeks. Going to Walmart, Kroger, places of business (my wife and mother-n-law own cleaning business and most of their clients are happy I carry). Unfortunate my regular employer will not allow even in parking lot. Had a man at Walmart told me he liked my weapon and a guy at Kroger ask me how to get his permit and the cashier started flirted we me and asked for my number I told her she would need to ask my wife for it (strange how she wouldn't) LOL!! Overall I think I could get used to this OC thing.

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    You employer has to let you have a gun in you car in the parking lot only if it is a public parking area also
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

why mention it at work?? i know a lot of place are CC only and are weird about telling people they carry. my job is the only place i wouldnt tell anyone i carried to work.
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Gun in Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
    why mention it at work?? i know a lot of place are CC only and are weird about telling people they carry. my job is the only place i wouldnt tell anyone i carried to work.
    I would avoid mentioning your gun to anyone at your workplace altogether. The less said, the better. My employer does not know I carry my G26 while I work. I'm an unarmed security guard. I used to work on a property that had crime issues (gangs, drugs, etc). I made a few enemies while I guarded that property. Once in a great while I would get a credible death threat. I'm now reassigned to a much safer property.

At the property I currently guard one of my two contacts is also a CCW permit holder. He is very cool about me carrying my G26 on the job. I couldn't ask for a more understanding client.

As some may have already said, the less said about your gun at work, the better. In my case, "always carry, never tell!"
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

I still don't understand why anyone wants to carry open in public . it up sets people who are not firearm owners, hell it bother's me and I carry every day all day long, but no one knows I'm carrying a firearm . I don't have to walk around like Wyatt Earp and give up the advantage of concealment. It really bothers other people . some place's I can see the need for open carry , Walmart isn't a of them.

Quote Originally Posted by rock.45 View Post
    I still don't understand why anyone wants to carry open in public . it up sets people who are not firearm owners, hell it bother's me and I carry every day all day long, but no one knows I'm carrying a firearm . I don't have to walk around like Wyatt Earp and give up the advantage of concealment. It really bothers other people . some place's I can see the need for open carry , Walmart isn't a of them.
    To each his/her own.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Because some of us are still waiting on the CC permit, so it's either "OC" or "NO C" until such time.

Because not all of us have the luxury of being in a "safe" part of town 24/7.

Because there is no "safe" part of town, including your own home.

Because some of us have small children/loved ones with us and want to be able to protect them.

Because some of us refuse to be a victim.

Because OC is a right, and if we don't exercise it sometimes, it may become lost to us.

Because it's perfectly legal, and sometimes provides an excellent opportunity to educate those around us.

I'll stop now.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    It really bothers other people .
    Some people are unconcerned with a negative image of gun owners and tend to disregard concerns of their neighbors. If they can waste the time of LE, so much the better!

Why should people care. I have not had any problems from anyone in over a month. The LEO's around here seem to just ask for my permit and move on (which is a good thing in my book). I have never been hassled and it is my right to do so. Some have asked me how to get their permit and I hope they take the leap and do so (especially if they can pass the background checks). I still believe citizens should be able to OC without a permit but that is another story and not legal here in TN. I would love to see every law abiding citizen carrying (or have the option). It would be a much safer place.

HKR
    I don't have to walk around like Wyatt Earp
    I don't know if that line bothers me more when used by anti- gunners or by those who carry.......

Agape,
    Although I only OC a small part of the time, it gets easier everytime. With an average fullsized handgun, a good belt and a hoslter that holds the handgun tight to my body, I doubt one out of every one hundred people I pass even notice. If that many.

I would rather OC because it is much more comfortable than CC. If you don't like OC then don't OC but don't degrade people who disagree with your opposition to OC.

This thread went south fast...lol. I'm jealous though, wish I could open carry in Alabama. Parents do live in TN though, and whenever I get around to getting an OWB holster I plan on OC a little.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

This area of the forums is for the discussion of open carry and the experiences that folks have had wile OC'ing.

Not for some one to jump on here and bash people that are exercising there right in there state to OC.
    If you do not like to OC thats fine, please keep your un asked for opinion to your self.

This is not the area to discuss or argue the OC vs CC debate.

I personally have been taking baby steps into OC'ing I would like to become completely confident with OC'ing.
    I have learned allot from reeding this area of the forums.
    "Planning to draw and chamber a round after TSHTF is like planning to fasten your seatbelt after you see the other guy run a stopsign..."

Professional hand engraver.
    To see full picture of knife in Avatar click here

I lived in TN for about a year with my Fl permit. Could i have been OCing the whole time? Does TN honor the FL permit for OC? if so im gonna go in my room and cry now. lol.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamcop84 View Post
    I lived in TN for about a year with my Fl permit. Could i have been OCing the whole time? Does TN honor the FL permit for OC? if so im gonna go in my room and cry now. lol.
    Cry away. Tennessee law doesn't distinguish between a weapon carried openly and one carried concealed.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links