GA folks, Open carry questions?

This is a discussion on GA folks, Open carry questions? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; HAHA I OC'd today and it was perfectly fine. I had my 1911 4" kimber Tactical Pro II with wilson combat mag sticking out a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA folks, Open carry questions?

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    HAHA I OC'd today and it was perfectly fine. I had my 1911 4" kimber Tactical Pro II with wilson combat mag sticking out a little farther on the bottom of the grip. Was at about 4-5 o'clock on my right rear half of my waist.

Walked by two cops drinking coffee they waived at me. Didn't even ask me a question. Just said hi and it was the side my sulfer cannon was on that was facing them.

Went into two gas stations. No problem.

I was in Dalton, GA today by the TN border. Went and put 275 rds through my AR today at the Cohutta range. Nice huge WMA there. Point being I OC'd today and it was fine. Thanks for the pointers.

A tip that I want to share: I placed my wallet in my back left pocket as opposed to my normal right. So if I am challenged by LEO to show my GFL I will turn my back and reach with my left hand to my left pocket and not my right as to instill trust that I am not reaching for my side arm on my right? Any thoughts? I have never been challenged yet.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

HKR
    A tip that I want to share: I placed my wallet in my back left pocket as opposed to my normal right. So if I am challenged by LEO to show my GFL I will turn my back and reach with my left hand to my left pocket and not my right as to instill trust that I am not reaching for my side arm on my right? Any thoughts? I have never been challenged yet.
    I wouldn't worry about which side your wallet is on. If a LEO wants you to produce your license then simply advise them that your wallet is on the same side as your carry weapon and then take out your wallet. I can't see any LEO having an issue with that and if they do then I'm sure they will let you know how they want to handle the situation.
    As long as you don't make any sudden movements in the direction of your weapon you should be fine, IMO.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    thanks
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links