Saw a fellow OC'er yesterday, on the interstate!

This is a discussion on Saw a fellow OC'er yesterday, on the interstate! within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was on the way to work, heading West on I-40 as usual when I was just about to exit a motorcycle passed me. On ...

Thread: Saw a fellow OC'er yesterday, on the interstate!

I was on the way to work, heading West on I-40 as usual when I was just about to exit a motorcycle passed me. On the bike was a fellow whose shirt had blown up his back and his Glock was out in the open on his right hip in some kind of Kydex holster.

I gave him a thumbs up which he returned and I exited the freeway. Just an interesting way to start what turned out to be a really crappy day at work.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I have seen a few guys in Memphis carrying on motorcycles lately. The last one was in harbor town. Its always nice to see others carrying to let you know you're not alone.

sweet...I was up in TN this past weekend and had my new OWB holster with me. But I chickened out on the open carry, perhaps next time. I just got myself wondering about open carrying in TN with an AL permit, but I know I was just messing with my own head.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

open carry is not very uncommon in memphis. I have only been carrying a couple months, and have noticed at least 5 or 6 people open carrying (its like getting a new car, all of a sudden you start noticing that there are so many of that particular car on the streets). I am slowly working up the confidence to open carry. Its not that I'm afraid of confrontation, I just want to be able to intelligently inform people if I am confronted.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I was on the way to work, heading West on I-40 as usual when I was just about to exit a motorcycle passed me. On the bike was a fellow whose shirt had blown up his back and his Glock was out in the open on his right hip in some kind of Kydex holster.

I gave him a thumbs up which he returned and I exited the freeway. Just an interesting way to start what turned out to be a really crappy day at work.
    Being from a CC state, and traveling in TN, KY, IN, and MI (all OC states), I have kept my eyes peeled looking for someone OCing...nada, zip, zero...I have yet to see anyone exercising their right to OC.
    We have another 8-9 days to go, we'll see.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I never see people OC here in Ky. I'm in western Ky. I think there are more OC'ers in other parts of the state. And we're a Golden OC state..
    Prepare for the worst and hope it never happens

Alll the OC people are here in NYC. Yea Right!! J/K

I ride with a group on Sundays,Myself and a buddy are the only CHL holders in the group and I'm the only one that carrys 24/7,anyhow by being open about it,ok to tell the truth one day these guys started heading into Mexico and I braked hard and yelled I ain't riding into Mexico,they said why and I said cause I'm carrying a legal gun.Anyhow since then I have taken riders Husband and wife to the range and hooked them up to get their CHL and another couple told me they want to learn to shoot handguns and get their license.Nobody ever said hey if you ride with us you gotta leave the gun at home,I believe the fact that I'm armed gives them a little security on the trips
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member
    Oregon is an OC state, except for Portland and Eugene, but I have never seen anyone OC-ing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    Oregon is an OC state, except for Portland and Eugene, but I have never seen anyone OC-ing.
    Without a recognized CCW. With a recognized CCW Oregon cities cannot prohibit Open Carry. And the list of cities that prohibit open carry without a license is:
    Portland, Beaverton, Tigard, Oregon City, Salem, and Independence.

Eugene does not prohibit open carry without a license.

Here is the Eugene code, it won't let me copy and paste:
    http://www.eugene-or.gov/portal/serv...hitoffset=1113

http://www.eugene-or.gov/portal/serv...hitoffset=1113

Notice on the next page of the code, paragraph (3) of 4.888

Sponsored Links