Open carry night at the Hometown Buffet

This is a discussion on Open carry night at the Hometown Buffet within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We have these family open carry get togethers regularly. Last night we had 70 armed citizens of all ages, races, and genders, open carry at ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open carry night at the Hometown Buffet

We have these family open carry get togethers regularly. Last night we had 70 armed citizens of all ages, races, and genders, open carry at dinner. Not ONE person got shot!

Dozens bring guns to Scottsdale restaurant - Phoenix Arizona news, breaking news, local news, weather radar, traffic from ABC15 News | ABC15.com
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

That's a great idea. More power to you!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    We have these family open carry get togethers regularly. Last night we had 70 armed citizens of all ages, races, and genders, open carry at dinner. Not ONE person got shot!

Dozens bring guns to Scottsdale restaurant - Phoenix Arizona news, breaking news, local news, weather radar, traffic from ABC15 News | ABC15.com
    Let me get this straight. 70 armed citizens showed up and nobody got shot??

Who'd have thought it possible.

<Switch Sarcasm off>

Glad it went good!
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

VIP Member
    Looked like a good time. Glad no one brought one of the "evil black guns" with them. After all it is a commonly known fact that guns and buffets don't mix!

VIP Member
    Good one.

I woulda loved to see the look on somebodys face if they tried to rob the place
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I woulda loved to see the look on somebodys face if they tried to rob the place
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Like to see the guy AFTER he tried to rob the place.
    Guns don't kill people.
    Gaping wounds in vital organs do.
    ============
    NRA Life Member
    Colt M1911A1 / H&K USP45

The lady at the end of the video (who sounded like she may have had a few drinks in her) says she thought it was stupid. She reminded me of the hypocrisy I exposed in a conversation with a girl I used to work with who thought carrying a firearm was stupid and even more stupid carrying one into a bar/rest serving alcohol (her words).

Knowing she had a DUI on her record, I asked her how many times she has gone into a bar/rest serving alcohol, had a little more than she should have to drink, then got behind the wheel of an automobile? She responded with "well...a few". I followed up by asking her if she blamed the car for the accident she got in, or cars in general for the problems that drinking and driving causes? She said "of course not!". I ended the conversation by saying "It doesn't make sense to blame the car, just as it doesn't make sense to blame the gun, either....does it?" She didn't say anything else and never brought the subject up again.

It's always stunned me how people like this lady...who when sitting in a bar getting drunk...argue in favor of gun control to save lives and then think nothing of getting behind the wheel of that 3,000 lb. bullet and risk killing people.

I like the article, but in reading a few of the responses and seeing how these people have the wool pulled over their eyes. Like they think they have been in these places before and no one has ever had a gun until now. Not sure about AZ, but it sounds like the meaning of bar is or could be a place that serves food as well as drinks. I dont drink, but like to play darts and pool and sometimes this is the only or best place depending where your at, but there is a restriction due to the fact the serve, even though one DOES not consume and if they did it s stiff penalty. I am also amazed at how many people freak out now, but I am sure they have been around guns when they were younger and didnt think twice about it. I guess it is desensitizing and turning into a sheeple. It is just frustrating sometimes to read the garbage and lack of logic folks use. They need to live in a gun free country for a year and see how much better the crime is. They can call home and say, Hey mom, we got robbed at gun point or knife point, but thats ok, because those things are banned here. This robbery was much safer, I'm glad I moved away from the wild wild USA.
    Never argue with idiots - they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

VIP Member
    That video could be repeated in every state that was trying to pass that law. Same ol same ol. Same concerns, and in every state that passes it, the concerns are proven wrong...
    Prepare for the worst and hope it never happens

i wanted to go but it was my daughters birthday and i was spending time with family that day, but 70 people thats great. we should get a group like that to go do litter cleanup all over the valley after it cools off.

Great idea. Come to our next meeting and take credit for the suggestion.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Good for you guys! I'm not even sure I could come up with 70 people who are pro 2A/I would trust being armed.

It's time to move...
    "In God we trust, as for the rest of you... keep your hands where I can see them" - Unknown

The lesson in this is the sheep still go baa and good people lose out on their GOD given rights .
    My open carry and gun / shooting blog
    http://adventuresinopencarr.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links