Open Carry at TD Bank - Police Called

This is a discussion on Open Carry at TD Bank - Police Called within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I live in PA and OC to the bank where I do business every day. I think the bank manager likes the fact that I ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry at TD Bank - Police Called

Thumbs up

I live in PA and OC to the bank where I do business every day. I think the bank manager likes the fact that I carry. They have been robbed before and having a customer (who they know and trust) carrying in the bank is a good deterent. There was a customer once that made a comment to one of the bank officers and he just said to her..."No, he's ok, he's one of us!" I though that was cool.
    Regards,
    Shane Stagg
    Coopersburg, PA
    NRA Lifetime Member
    USCCA Member
    NAFC Lifetime Member

2. Remove Ads

TD bank is a Canadian bank.
    Cecile may be Canadian.

If she is, she would be more comfortable on the other side of the border, where the only defense she will have is her cell phone.
    Hey I am Canadian, and that is so true. Cell phone if you can get a signal. I know Canada sucks. You have little Canada's in the US like NY, NJ,... I am willing to be adopted by any loving American family, I prefer VT or Alaska. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGuyPR View Post
    Why would Brinks personnel disarm? They are not crazy civilians with guns unlike the rest of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Do they make the Brinks guards disarm, too?

LOL...

Nobody is allowed to disarm us, including the police while we perform our duties. We go into court houses armed, airports, banks, postal offices... whatever you can think of.

if they tell us to disarm (which never happens) we will refuse service, and walk away...

that being said, next time, go in there while OCing again :D

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by V65magnafan View Post
    TD bank is a Canadian bank.
    Cecile may be Canadian.

If she is, she would be more comfortable on the other side of the border, where the only defense she will have is her cell phone.
    Hey, as long as she can throw that phone at least 900 fps, she's got nothing to worry about. Hope her aim is good.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

It's so funny how there are so many people out there who think that only cops and BG's are the only one's who carry guns.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    What a moron. I wouldn't call. My approach is to type a letter to the CEO, and send it certified mail. That usually gets their attention. In any event, that space cadet manager needs to learn what the law actually says.

when I do large desosits i drop them in the night deposit box... takes a day for the bank to record the transaction but i wil not dis-arm while carrying large amounts of cash
    God invented cops so that firemen could have heroes too!

Quote Originally Posted by sirfarmer View Post
    The chief suggested a either conceal it better or simply secure it in my vehicle.
    While this may, in reality, be a good option. I'm sick of law enforcement and everyone else telling "us" what we should do to keep the ignorant quiet. We have to constantly make decisions on which rights we will exercise each day to keep lazy ignorant people from getting their panties in a wad. I am just absolutely fed up with it.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Been lurking on this topic. Definitely keep us updated. I don't open carry but if I chose to I sure am glad that the Michigan Legislature has the statue on open carry in banks on the books. Although it is still a private business, but then business can be taken elsewhere.
    Kel-Tec P-11, Supertuck Deluxe, Wilderness Tactical Original Instructor's Belt

I was less than thrilled about the way she approached you as well. The last thing I'd want to do is walk up behind you and then yell that you aren't allowed to carry a handgun into the bank. It sounds like she was trying to embarrass you. Was there anyone else in the bank at the time other than employees?

If there were other customers in the bank the last thing I would do is try to embarrass a customer. If this was the case I would seriously consider her "people" skills for this type situation.

IMHO, what she should have done was waited until you had completed your banking. As you were walking away from the window she should have approached you and asked to speak with you in the office. There she could have more tactfully taken up the issue of your OC'ing your handgun into the bank.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

VIP Member
    Very interesting topic, I hope you keep us posted on the end result. I, too, would recommend a letter to the CEO. I have done that on a few occasions when I was PO'ed enough about something to actually feel like I needed to get some kind of resolution. It has never failed to get my issue addressed and rectified. I suspect that you will probably feel like changing banks after this is all over with, but it is certainly worth a letter to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu711 View Post
    I was less than thrilled about the way she approached you as well. The last thing I'd want to do is walk up behind you and then yell that you aren't allowed to carry a handgun into the bank. It sounds like she was trying to embarrass you. Was there anyone else in the bank at the time other than employees?

If there were other customers in the bank the last thing I would do is try to embarrass a customer. If this was the case I would seriously consider her "people" skills for this type situation.

IMHO, what she should have done was waited until you had completed your banking. As you were walking away from the window she should have approached you and asked to speak with you in the office. There she could have more tactfully taken up the issue of your OC'ing your handgun into the bank.
    but you're a bad guyyyyyyyy, why would she take u in her officeeeeeee lol

Quote Originally Posted by sp2022 View Post
    Hey I am Canadian, and that is so true. Cell phone if you can get a signal. I know Canada sucks. You have little Canada's in the US like NY, NJ,... I am willing to be adopted by any loving American family, I prefer VT or Alaska. LOL
    If you have startup money for an ammunition and bullet import business, there may be a place for you in Ohio.

I always carry whenever I am visiting the bank. Not that Boeing pays me bags of money every month, its just for safety.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfshead View Post
    I always carry whenever I am visiting the bank. Not that Boeing pays me bags of money every month, its just for safety.
    if i have more than $20 on me i OC......

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links