Open Carry at TD Bank - Police Called

This is a discussion on Open Carry at TD Bank - Police Called within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The OP is well within his rights to OC and I beleive he did the right thing. The AG of NH made it very clear ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry at TD Bank - Police Called

The OP is well within his rights to OC and I beleive he did the right thing. The AG of NH made it very clear to all LE agencies not a short time ago that OC is 100% legal and justified in this state. The CoP suggestion to "conceal" his handgun should be taken as nothing more than that. As far as having a sign that says "No Guns" at the entrance, it doesn't matter. A sign holds no weight of law in NH. The only thing that can be done from a buisness standpoint is to ask the person to leave. If you do not, then you run afoul of the law.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by gddyup View Post
    The OP is well within his rights to OC and I beleive he did the right thing. The AG of NH made it very clear to all LE agencies not a short time ago that OC is 100% legal and justified in this state. The CoP suggestion to "conceal" his handgun should be taken as nothing more than that. As far as having a sign that says "No Guns" at the entrance, it doesn't matter. A sign holds no weight of law in NH. The only thing that can be done from a buisness standpoint is to ask the person to leave. If you do not, then you run afoul of the law.
    Ah, thank you for the clarification. I did not know that and tend to think about things from an Ohioan point of view. I'm really just to lazy to look up the other states, so thank you for that insight.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

NRA Member / Ohio Conceal Carry Instructor
    CHL Holder

In Missouri, any business can post a sign banning weapons on their premises; and it is binding.

Most banks have this type of signage on all their entrances.

gold40

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    email sent. Told her, courteously of course, that they wouldn't get my business nor would any of their affiliates get my business.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Next time make sure you are available when there is a bank robbery and she and you are both victims.

When she has a gun pointed to her head. Ask her " Now do you wish you hadnt demanded I disarm?"
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by gold40 View Post
    In Missouri, any business can post a sign banning weapons on their premises; and it is binding.

Most banks have this type of signage on all their entrances.

gold40
    I carry in banks in GA all the time. I have never encountered resistance to this day. I have OC'd in a bank when a Cop was making a deposit. He just looked at me and smiled and walked off. But then I was screaming military. With my short hair cut, my old brown ball cap with dirt from a Kuwait dust storm on it, and my brown command PT shirt hah.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    Next time make sure you are available when there is a bank robbery and she and you are both victims.

When she has a gun pointed to her head. Ask her " Now do you wish you hadnt demanded I disarm?"
    She will not need him there. All she has to do is to sneak up behind the robber and shout, "You can't have a gun in here". Of course, the robber will politely say, "I'm sorry, I didn't know that", leave and go rob someplace which allows guns. Or if he doesn't comply with her request, pull out her cell phone, point it at the robber and say, "leave or I'll call the police."

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I sometimes carry to my bank, but the amount of money I carry has no impact on that. I do not carry to protect my money, and in fact if I could give my money to a robber and that would end it, I would do so.
    Of course no one can know that for sure, but if I were in the bank and it was robbed I would not intervene unless I had good reason to think that the robber was going to shoot or seriously injure someone.

Preventing bank robberies is not part of my "charter."

Regards,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    Preventing bank robberies is not part of my "charter."

Regards,
    Jerry
    I agree with you. Money is not worth human life. Although a bank robbers life isnt worth much to begin with. The moral issue behind that is...

What if the bank robber who shown no intention of shooting anyone during the robbery goes and buys some meth with some his new found wealth and decided to off a person walking down the street for fun. Does your outlook on using deadly force during the bank robbery change now?

No way to answer that I guess, just food for the good ole' think tank.

If someone is committing armed robbery on me, I am in reasonable fear for my life and deadly force is justified. The only decision is whether I think I have a better chance of survival by shooting or complying.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

The only signage on my bank is(Please remove hats and sunglasses so your appearance isn't disguised or sumpin like that)In other words Smile for the cameras
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by V65magnafan View Post
    I'm not too impressed with her method of sneaking up on you.

It's fortunate for her that she did not embarrass you in front of other customers.

Is this manager new, an import from New Jersey?
    Is not T.D. a Canadian Bank? Toronto Dominion? There is your answer right there!

(Near the Second Amendment But Unfortunately Not Affected By It)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    Is not T.D. a Canadian Bank? Toronto Dominion? There is your answer right there!
    Yes it is. And it's been noted in this thread. We don't know if Ms Manager is a transplanted Canadian. As an American living in Canada, I can tell you that the whole country is like New Jersey up here.

Here's a story. When I crossed the border into Canada, I had to declare my Glock and show my licence, the gun registration, the paper that gives me permission to transport my gun, unloaded, trigger locked and case locked--in the trunk--with ammo separate--from the border to my residence. (I'm not kidding.)

The CBSA guy looked at me and said, "You're not going to shoot me, are you?" This was a joke.

When he saw my holster on the seat next to me, he stared. I said, I carry concealed in the U.S. I'm a U.S. citizen. "Oh, he said, I was wondering why a Canadian would want to carry a gun." This was not a joke.

At the secondary, the CBSA folk gathered around and it became a class. "Wow", one of them said. "I've never seen a hollow point."

This is the mentality most Canadians have.
    NRA 2AF IDPA
    Tactical Pistol Instructor

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I agree with you. Money is not worth human life. Although a bank robbers life isnt worth much to begin with. The moral issue behind that is...

What if the bank robber who shown no intention of shooting anyone during the robbery goes and buys some meth with some his new found wealth and decided to off a person walking down the street for fun. Does your outlook on using deadly force during the bank robbery change now?

No what he does with the money is between him and the law, and others. I do not see any responsibility to make sure he does not have the money for further crime.

Regards,
    Jerry

wow! we got similar usernames :D

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links