Can You Open Carry Too Many Weapons?

This is a discussion on Can You Open Carry Too Many Weapons? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Honestly, I see nothing wrong... Including his partial lift of that huge pistol out of it's holster. That was no more dangerous than his walking ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can You Open Carry Too Many Weapons?

Honestly, I see nothing wrong...

Including his partial lift of that huge pistol out of it's holster.
    That was no more dangerous than his walking around with an assumedly charged rifle slung on his shoulder. Primary safeties were in place which was no trigger touching was shown.

Is he over the top or even inappropriate for the venue?
    Yes and possibly.
    But so is Robin Williams and have been past Presidents plural.
    As noted cars that can do double and even triple nickle are inappropriate as are homes built to house 2 or 4 that are in size equal to a college dorm in size.

There is no and should be no law against fashion nor standard of reasonableness against ones basic rights as related to peaceful freedom of being....as this man was and demonstrated.

- Janq

"The word 'reasonable' has no bearing, and should not be applied by anyone." - FHBrumb
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If you clank or rattle in a stiff breeze or when you walk,you may be carrying too much hardware
    No clanking or rattling around. Everything was well padded.
    Criminals For Gun Control
    Brady's Campaign Pro-Gun Forum

Member: NRA, PG-NH, GO-NH
    Life Member: JPFO, GOA
    Clubs: LF&GC

Distinguished Member
    For practical purposes: Yes; if you are hindered, it's too many
    Making a statement: Probably Not

Guns galore

He better hope his pants don't fall down. I don't see why he would be carrying all those guns at one time. As long as he isn't endangering anyone and it's legal that's ok. He may be a bit paranoid though. I just can't imagine someone wanting to carry that much weight around. How dose he sit down? Maybe he is renting them out.

I have a problem with the lack of knowledge and ability when it comes to the weapons he's packing around in public. He's carrying an AR like it's a sack of taters. The dust cover is open and the bolt appears to be back. He's attempting to make a statement with his tee shirt and doesn't know what exactly that statement is. When questioned by the press he states his "memory isn't that good" so he doesn't know if he can explain how his equipment works. And as for the sword...it sums up the whole situation. Sure I can use it safely and then can't. Then grabs the blade and pulls on it which proves the thing might bruise you but isn't capable of cutting. I know, I know, it's a claymore and should be capable of breaking bones even if it won't cut but at this point most viewers are considering that if he's that inept with a weapon that has a range of four feet just how darn dangerous is he with that, and I quote, "300 yard" AR? Carrying the weapons? I give him a B for attempting to show that the weapon isn't the problem. His venue in this case...D. As for the demonstration that he's totally unaware how his weapons work or what they are designed for he gets an F.

Quote Originally Posted by tbrenke View Post
    LOL, realy?
    I think the point of the sword and the guns is to be able to harm others if the need arises. that is a very thing to say.
    Perhaps I meant that he should be able to use those weapons without harming the wrong people. His use of the sword not only had me rolling on the floor laughing but it made me nervous about his ability.

I also question why he is handling the guns unnecessarily so that he could show them off. An example being the S&W 500 and the Keltec.

Sometimes you can be wrong for the right reasons or right for the wrong reasons. If it is a statement being made, fine (more about 1A then 2A at that point). IMHO, it makes gun owners who support OC look foolish.

$.02
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

JD
    Administrator
    There's a "Funny" with the Ninja saying "You're too Ninja for me"...

Well this guy is too Highlander for me.

Seriously, WTH is this guy doing carrying a damn broad sword, is it the time of "The Gathering" or what.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Well this guy is too Highlander for me.

Seriously, WTH is this guy doing carrying a damn broad sword, is it the time of "The Gathering" or what.
    He needs the AR and the magnum to slow down the other immortals, but has to have the broad sword to remove their heads and gain their power.

There can be only one.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    Sometimes you can be wrong for the right reasons or right for the wrong reasons. If it is a statement being made, fine (more about 1A then 2A at that point). IMHO, it makes gun owners who support OC look foolish.

$.02
    I'm glad Thanis said this . It was what I was thinking but was afraid say for fear of being flamed. This guy looks a bit foolish with all those guns hanging all over him and could be just what the anti's need to claim gun owners are foolish people. I'll stop here before I put myself in the hot seat

He was legal, but ineffective. Carbine and maybe one or two sidearms would have been a better selection. I would have steered clear of him and would have raised the BS flag once he started unholstering his sidearms. If he wanted to show a firearm, he should have gone away from the crowd, cleared the firearms then showed it. Hes just a little lacking of common sense.
    I can no longer keep track of threads as I used to. If you need to contact me, PM me instead of asking me something in the thread. Disclaimer - No legal advice issued anywhere. Take care.

VIP Member
    Just a little oveerboard, and a little irresponsible with showing off the weapons in a crowd.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    I think this is my next outfit when I go back to Best Buy. *evil grin*

What? AR's come in pink, and I love to wear pink! Take THAT, anti-2A-Best-Buy-Manager!
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

What's Porcfest ?

Quote Originally Posted by PNUT View Post
    What's Porcfest ?
    It has to do with carrying Porcupines concealed or something
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links