Can You Open Carry Too Many Weapons?

This is a discussion on Can You Open Carry Too Many Weapons? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; YouTube - NH: AR-15 swordsman raises PorcFest eyebrows I am thinking yes. What do you all think?...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can You Open Carry Too Many Weapons?

Can You Open Carry Too Many Weapons?

YouTube - NH: AR-15 swordsman raises PorcFest eyebrows

I am thinking yes.

What do you all think?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    A little overboard for ROL, but hey its legal.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

I'll answer with another question.

How many weapons does one need to open carry? I usually OC a handgun, and a couple of knives are visible (one Leatherman Wave tool on my belt, and a small knife clipped to the top of my right front pocket). I've never had a problem with it.

Now, a couple of handguns and a rifle down main street? I'd probably get questioned for that, although it'd be legal.

Daryl

It isn't about needs, it's about rights. I think practically there is a point to where being armed is a burden but that's his choice to make. I carry one gun, two back up mags, one knife on me. That's my choice.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

The strange thing I can't understand is how dead bodies weren't piling up all around him. After all, with all of those evil weapons in close proximity, aren't death and destruction only a heartbeat away?
    Washington Post 06/28/2010 re: Supreme Court Decision
    "The court's decision means that the enigmatically worded Second Amendment... identifies an individual right to gun ownership, like the freedom of speech, that cannot be unduly restricted by Congress, state laws or city ordinances. "

I am not saying that there is anything wrong with what he is doing. I am just skeptical of the sword and his ability to use it while not harming others or himself.

I am also not so please with him pulling out the revolver just to show it off. There is no need to handle guns unnecessarily, is there?

One gun and some knives seems reasonable, but where is the limit? If this guy is walking down the street in your neighborhood wearing his kilt and sporing a claymore to go with his AR-15, you won't be a little curious and hesitant while questioning his motives?

Open carry what... haha man if SHTF I'd want him on my team.

Now really??? I'd like to know how he could defend himself in a moment with all those guns hanging all over him. It's his right, I support that, is it smart NO, but we are accused of being stupid gun nuts so he can make the argument that the sheep are right. I'd be afraid to be anywhere around if he started trying to shoot someone.
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

If you didn't bring enough for EVERYONE you can't play.

Agreed that the pistol stays in the holster, until you NEED it.

But in truth, look back at these posts. How many of the posts are hedging on what is "reasonable". If we would allow ourselves to judge him or his arms as "reasonable" or "unreasonable", are we any different than the folks that challenge on the "no sporting purpose" statement?

Divide and conquer works well. In no way would I ever say that an arm, or method of carry is "necessary", "reasonable", "needed", or otherwise. It's not my place to make that call, just his.

Could he defend himself like he was. Maybe no, but he certainly could get his point across (sorry for the bad pun) and got himself on YouTube.

Dude can do what he wants. As long as his actions don't endanger others, I say let him pile it on...

Don't let hunters call out collectors. Don't let collectors call out competition shooters. Don't let any of them call out folks owning for defense or enjoyment. If we start to use their words ("reasonable") against each other, we fall.

I, for one, don't consider owning a vehicle that can go twice to three times the speed limit "reasonable". I don't consider owning a private jet reasonable. I don't consider owning three homes reasonable. What's the difference? None of them are protected by their very own Constitutional Amendment... Our guns, his swords, and the right to haul them around is. The word "reasonable" has no bearing, and should not be applied by anyone.

Sorry, that was a flat out rant...
    Washington Post 06/28/2010 re: Supreme Court Decision
    "The court's decision means that the enigmatically worded Second Amendment... identifies an individual right to gun ownership, like the freedom of speech, that cannot be unduly restricted by Congress, state laws or city ordinances. "

Sorry, that was a flat out rant...
    Yep, but you made a good point.

Daryl

ok, its a guy wearing a skirt, with a sword on his back and an AR-15 and some python looking crazy ass revolver

Too much of anything is bad

Legal? Probably...

Normal? NOT!

The guy has problems, and he's not someone I would choose to have our families picnic together with...I'm just sayin'...
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; July 26th, 2009 at 08:33 AM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Was his name Sue?
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

As somebody hinted at earlier he was probably making a political statement to the effect that if one gun is evil and makes people dangerous and likely to go on a killing rampage the 2 guns are twice as evil and 3 gun 3X etc....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links