Unusual OC day and a couple odd LEO encounters

This is a discussion on Unusual OC day and a couple odd LEO encounters within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Tried to post this earlier but does not look like it worked. So we went out for the usual before school clothes shopping experience yesterday. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unusual OC day and a couple odd LEO encounters

Unusual OC day and a couple odd LEO encounters

Tried to post this earlier but does not look like it worked.

So we went out for the usual before school clothes shopping experience yesterday. Talked my wife into letting me OC. She did not mind since we were carrying cash. BTW, I got funnier looks paying with cash than I did for carrying! Since yesterday went well I carried when we went back out to finish up today. Cool OC with the family 2 days in a row, I'm making progress.

We hit the road to the bank. Top the hill. Crap, checkpoint. My gun is on the dash way before my wife has her wallet out. I tell her to tell the sheriff we have an OC'd gun on the dash. She is freaking out a bit about it giving me the, " YOu should have driven" speal. So we pull up and my wife puts her license out the window. I'm kind of pointing at the gun on the dash so he knows. Sheriff looks at her license, says, thanks, and turns his back. Wife drive's off and we are both kind of looking at each other funny. Dude never even looked or gave her enough time to tell him about it. First odd but uneventfull experience.

Got to the bank and dicided to not carry inside, yet. Left the Glock in the van and jokingly told my wife to "cover my back." My holster was still on. Got the impression the manager made me as soon as I opened the door. Cashed my check and left. As I get in the van and rearmed, the manager steps out with a paper in his hand. Odd. As we back up he flags us down and tells me I dropped a dollar. I just cashed a check for several hundred of them but no ones. As I roll my hips to reach for my wallet I basically put the holstered Glock almost in his face. Check my wallet, try to tell him it's not mine. He hands it to me, tells me to have a nice day and goes back in the bank. Now it's twice odd but uneventful.

We dodge the license check on the way to the store. At the store my daughter decides I am in her way and grabs my holster to move me out of the way. Yikes!! There is a little don't touch daddy's holster conversation. Otherwise uneventfull carry in Walmart. Grab some lunch and head to the range. Shoot the Mark II and Glock 19 a few times.

On the way home I am passing a local gun shop about 4:55. If it's open I'm gonna see if they have any 9MM HP. Cars in the lot and the door is not barred. Park the truck and hit the door. I make 3 good steps in the shop, which is also a pawn shop, and realize a local cop is at the gun counter. Well, it's my luck today. Ask if they have any HP. The cop definitelly notices I am OC'ing. Cop tells me they don't even use HP. Then he says " Our hard ball has killed everyone we ever shot." I laugh and tell him that's quite the testimonial. Then he tells me if I shoot somebody with that HP ammo I need to send them a bill. By this time there is another officer behind him. We talk a little junk about FMJ and HP and bullet weights. I grab the box that is weighted the same as my FMJ and about pass out at the price. $53.49 out the door for 50 rds. Ouch!!! Three times odd but uneventfull, I'm going home for dinner. Hope you guys get a laugh out of this. Gonna xpost it a few places too.

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like a gooood day. Did your daughter get all her school thingd ok?

Yes, that was an odd, but uneventful day...just as it should be.
    Happy trails...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by vn6869 View Post
    Sounds like a gooood day. Did your daughter get all her school thingd ok?
    For the most part we are done. Lots of shirts, shorts, and skirts, and LOTS of pink!! I have 2 girls. And yeah, a good day, just an odd one. But I'll take it!

Just about time for that double-barreled shotgun then, with the two girls...
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

odd that the local PD doesn't carry JHP.... use what works for ya I guess.

Otherwise sounds like a bit of an odd day.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

uneventful, hope all your OC experiences are like that

Were the LEOs carrying .45 ACP 230 gr. hardball? How's Hickory these days? I lived there in the 80s.

If you get a chance, PM me with the name of that gun shop / pawn shop. That sure seems stiff on the HP ammo. Did your bank recently change names? Just curious since that's one around here that doesn't post no firearms.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Uhh... the bank manager used the excuse of the dollar to get a look at your vehicle. It only cost him a buck to tell you that he knows what your getaway vehicle looks like. He doesn't sound too 'holster friendly'.

Sounds like the OC experience was a good one.
    What gets me about this story is the "Top the hill. Crap, checkpoint"
    and the "We dodge the license check on the way to the store"
    I know it says you are in NC, but I have to wonder, are you sure your not
    in Nazi Germany. wow is it really that bad out there?
    Longbow
    "Planning to draw and chamber a round after TSHTF is like planning to fasten your seatbelt after you see the other guy run a stopsign..."

Professional hand engraver.
    To see full picture of knife in Avatar click here

We have checkpoints in Virginia, too. Usually on a Friday night, looking for drunk drivers.

It sounds like the bank manager wanted to check you out for possession of a empty holster!
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

55 bux for 50 rounds of AMMO!?!?!?

WHAT!?!?!?!? gold plated?

So what is the "unusual" and "odd" part?
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links