Another great OC experience

This is a discussion on Another great OC experience within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My daughter won 2 tickets to an advanced screening of G.I. Joe (Great movie by the way, well worth going to see on the big ...

Thread: Another great OC experience

Another great OC experience

My daughter won 2 tickets to an advanced screening of G.I. Joe (Great movie by the way, well worth going to see on the big screen). When she told me she won them by calling into a radio show I figured I was going to be taking her and a friend to the theater but them she told me she wanted me to go with her. I got to spend 3 hours with my little girl and it was HER idea! We had a great time.

Anyway, I chose to carry concealed at the movie just because since this was an advanced screening, I knew there would be heavy security to make sure no one tried to record the movie or something. The movie was very good, we had a great time.

After the movie, before I got into the car, I removed my outer cover garment which was a button up shirt that I left unbuttoned. We stopped for gas and as I was pumping the gas with my XD .40 service model openly displayed on my right hip one of the station attendants was emptying the trash cans out by the pumps. He was a younger guy, maybe 25 years old or so. He asked if the was an XD on my hip. I told him it was and he told me he carries a CZ-97 DB.

We talked guns while I filled up and then I invited him to our next TFA meeting. He said he would love to come and was now looking forward to it. I left with a smile and my daughter saying that she loves how all of us gun people (of which she is one too at 14 years old already) seem to be ready made friends.

All in all, it was a fantastic night!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Thats great! Nothing like a little father daughter time. Glad the movie was good. Im wanting to see this one as well.

Daytime adventures don't get much better than that...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Sounds like you guys had fun.

I have been taking to OC from time to time; I have yet to have anything remotely resembling a problem. Then again, AZ is still somewhat the last bastion of the wild west.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Awesome! I love that she picked her Daddy to share her prize :) +1 on your daughter's observation about gun folks being ready-made friends, too!
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

who cares about the gun. Im glad you had a great day with your daughter.I have one about the same age that i have not seen since she was little. I would really like to get to know her but my ex, will not allow it. and due to the distance between us (well over 2000miles) it makes it hard to go see her. allthough im glad you had a good expericance with the oc.

It doesnt get any better than that now does it!!!

No it really doesn't.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Until they were about 13 all three of my girls would cry if I was going to the range, gun store or just out "knocking around" somewhere (over at a friends doing reloading, whatever) and they could not go or had to go with their mother.
    Some, if not most, of my very best memories are up with them early on a Saturday and off to the diner and then the range or every gun store within 20 miles. They were never bored because I would show/describe things to them from a box of old .348 Winchester shells at a show to examining a .475 Linebaugh conversion discovered at a small gun store.
    For the next ten years school, the mall, cars, friends and Mom (as it should be) moved old dad to backseat confidant and financial backer.
    Now in their early to mid twenty's dad has regained some of that shine and I can't even tell you how much I enjoy my two year old granddaughter.
    Don't know where all that came from... but thanks for reading.

Very Cool !!!!!
    "Planning to draw and chamber a round after TSHTF is like planning to fasten your seatbelt after you see the other guy run a stopsign..."

Professional hand engraver.
    To see full picture of knife in Avatar click here

Quote Originally Posted by 03ramit1 View Post
    who cares about the gun. Im glad you had a great day with your daughter.I have one about the same age that i have not seen since she was little. I would really like to get to know her but my ex, will not allow it. and due to the distance between us (well over 2000miles) it makes it hard to go see her. allthough im glad you had a good expericance with the oc.
    I have the same problem with my 14 yo son.

Why do the courts let these women shut us out?

Yours in NY?

Quote Originally Posted by Chroode View Post
    I have the same problem with my 14 yo son.

Why do the courts let these women shut us out?

Yours in NY?
    no the great state of Louisana. (its not quite 2000 miles but its close enough.)

Links