Madison man ticketed for OC

This is a discussion on Madison man ticketed for OC within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by DarylW Chris Dwight gets the idiot of the day award for that statement. Are people really such sheep that they think like ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Madison man ticketed for OC

Quote Originally Posted by DarylW View Post
    Chris Dwight gets the idiot of the day award for that statement.

Are people really such sheep that they think like this?
    Sadly, yes.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by RXtion View Post
    Damn people are stupid!

The reaction would be "Excuse me ma'am, I didn't see you there." as he continued on his way if he bumped you. But if You bump into them then the proper thing to do would be to apologize to the guy you bumped into just as if he didn't have a gun. It's that simple! No one is gong to pull out their openly carried gun and shoot you because they bumped into you or you bumped into them!
    I'm thinking that "Mr." Dwight posses female anatomy...........
    Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us..............Medic68

Nek
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTsnub View Post
    Remember, this is a city that passed laws making sub 4" handguns and hollowpoint ammo illeagle.
    WOW! didnt realize that Wisconsin sucked that bad. Apparently they have little regard for the US Constitution and its ammendments. They might as well succeed from the union and we can send all the liberal anti-gunners there.

Good for him. I hope more people start to do this. If the cops were arresting hundreds of people a day then having to prove in court "disorderly conduct" I think they would think twice about suppressing our rights. I wish him luck.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Chris Dwight gets the idiot of the day award for that statement.

Daryl
    Especially since he hails from Washington State, where 5% of the population have concealed pistol licenses and open carry is perfectly legal.

In Washington State, roughly 5% of the people have a concealed pistol license. Even if you figure only 40% of the licensed carry on a regular basis, that means that the odds are that on average, two people out of every 100 you pass on the street are carrying a gun.

I sometimes think it would be interesting for everyone who usually carries concealed to wear distinctive clothing (like, say, an orange cap) on the same day, so that the general populace might realize how many concealed carriers they encounter every day. The caps could have lettering on them that reads "We're here. We're armed. Get used to it."

Are people really such sheep that they think like this?
    Yes, yes they are. You wouldn't believe how many people are like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nek View Post
    WOW! didnt realize that Wisconsin sucked that bad. Apparently they have little regard for the US Constitution and its ammendments. They might as well succeed from the union and we can send all the liberal anti-gunners there.
    Not Wisconson, just the city of Madison.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

The battle has to start somewhere. Way to go. Glad you're the one with the legal trouble and not me, but thank you for sticking your neck out on all of our behalf!
    ~Coriantan~

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." * "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

I have not read all posts on this site lately.

Has anyone posted about the WI "official" that was beat up?

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by langenc View Post
    I have not read all posts on this site lately.

Has anyone posted about the WI "official" that was beat up?
    I heard about it on the news. I haven't been here since last Friday so I haven't seen the story posted here either.

Not really related to OC or CC though so page through Off Topic. The mayor took a pipe to the head and body when he tried to dial 911 on a guy harrassing G'ma and some little tyke whilst leaving the state fair. Off Topic threads don't turn up hits in the search feature (I'm told).
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Mayor of Milwaukee, I believe. I wonder, if during the time when the guy was pounding him with a metal pipe, and he was on the ground bleeding from the head, did he wish Wisconsin had a CCW Law, and he was permitted? Or that someone with him might have been?
    Washington Post 06/28/2010 re: Supreme Court Decision
    "The court's decision means that the enigmatically worded Second Amendment... identifies an individual right to gun ownership, like the freedom of speech, that cannot be unduly restricted by Congress, state laws or city ordinances. "

I'm sure he was reviewing in his mind how the good citizens of Wisconsin had no reason to arm themselves as the police would protect them.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

I havent posted here in awhile, i moved out to WI about a year ago, pretty bummed out coming from MI where i had my CPL and carried regularly.

The open carry movement in WI has gotten pretty big since WI's attorney general stated the OC in and of itself is not grounds for Disorderly Conduct... which is why the Madison issue is pretty big. The gentleman in question (if he posted here, i apoligize, i didnt read it all through) has a court date coming up where im sure the ticket will be thrown out.

Jim Doyle, the governor who has veto'd conceal carry bills twice after them passing, also announced he will not be running for a third term.

in 2010 elections a new republican candidate Mark Todd has been to opencarry.org and posted his opinions on OC/CC and even made a pact to deal with unconstitutional transportation laws in WI.

Its too much to make in a simple post here, but under the WI forum on opencarry.org you can see a lot of activity, a lot of picnics, and a lot of new OC'ers.

Hopefully soon, IL will be all on their own in denying law-abiding citizens the right to defend themselves

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    He needs to subpeona both the Attorney General and Governor to his hearing. Both have said that OC is legal in Wisconsin.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Washington Post 06/28/2010 re: Supreme Court Decision
    "The court's decision means that the enigmatically worded Second Amendment... identifies an individual right to gun ownership, like the freedom of speech, that cannot be unduly restricted by Congress, state laws or city ordinances. "

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links