Madison man ticketed for OC

This is a discussion on Madison man ticketed for OC within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Madison man walks downtown with gun in broad daylight, ticketed - WKOW 27: Madison, WI Breaking News, Weather and Sports 2nd try...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Madison man ticketed for OC

Last edited by JD; August 12th, 2009 at 10:15 PM.
    Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I give him a lot of credit for being willing to be a test-case.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

"I'd still be concerned if it wasn't law enforcement because what happens if I accidentally bump into him," said Chris Dwight, who was visiting from Seattle. "What's the reaction going to be?"
    Chris Dwight gets the idiot of the day award for that statement.

Are people really such sheep that they think like this?

If he called the law here, they'd say something like "So?".

Daryl

Damn people are stupid!

"I'd still be concerned if it wasn't law enforcement because what happens if I accidentally bump into him," said Chris Dwight, who was visiting from Seattle. "What's the reaction going to be?"
    The reaction would be "Excuse me ma'am, I didn't see you there." as he continued on his way if he bumped you. But if You bump into them then the proper thing to do would be to apologize to the guy you bumped into just as if he didn't have a gun. It's that simple! No one is gong to pull out their openly carried gun and shoot you because they bumped into you or you bumped into them!

VIP Member
    Yates said while the gun was loaded, there was not a bullet in the chamber, and his actions were to prove a point about how difficult it is to openly carry a gun in Wisconsin.
    Young Mr. Yates needs to rethink how he carrys. Loaded mag with an empty chamber is still an expensive paperweight.

Other than that I think he'll beat the ticket. I'd be surprised if it even goes to court. The way the story reads there was no basis for the disorderly conduct charge.

It will get worse before it gets better...
    Washington Post 06/28/2010 re: Supreme Court Decision
    "The court's decision means that the enigmatically worded Second Amendment... identifies an individual right to gun ownership, like the freedom of speech, that cannot be unduly restricted by Congress, state laws or city ordinances. "

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Young Mr. Yates needs to rethink how he carrys. Loaded mag with an empty chamber is still an expensive paperweight.
    He's probably never carried in public before, was probably uncomfortable, and played it safe. Cut him some slack.

It's gonna take more than one lawsuit to get the ball rolling,but then again they may just make it illegal to OC also
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Hey, Kudos to the dude (that's right, he made dude status) for trying an open carry.

JD
    Administrator
    Madison is about as close to sheep capitol as you can get. test case is right, but at least the AG is pro gun.

Quote Originally Posted by DarylW View Post
    Chris Dwight gets the idiot of the day award for that statement.

Are people really such sheep that they think like this?

If he called the law here, they'd say something like "So?".

Daryl
    I open carry daily and people have bumped into me. Just last Saturday, I walked around the corner of an isle in the local Kroger and a lady bumped into me. I dropped 2 of the items I was carrying. I don't remember freaking out and shooting the place up.

Chris Dwight is a real fool. But, since he is an anti-gunner, that is somewhat of a redundant statement isn't it?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Too bad it wasn't me, I'm retired(meaning I have the time), so I would have started walking again after being dropped off at home and force them to arrest me instead of just a ticket. Then my wife could call every news crew around and say her husband was arrested for standing up for his rights as an American.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

I'd still be concerned if it wasn't law enforcement because what happens if I accidentally bump into him," said Chris Dwight, who was visiting from Seattle. "What's the reaction going to be?

hes going to shoot you seven times then dance around your body singing glory hal la lu ya....you are right to be scared Chris..
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Remember, this is a city that passed laws making sub 4" handguns and hollowpoint ammo illeagle.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

It's Madison

This is just typical behavior from LE in Madison, I hope this isn't the end of this and the individual who was cited, when vindicated, sues the city for violating his constitutional rights.
    Dave
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links