Defensive Carry banner

No News is Good News (or A Real Cowboy)

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  QKShooter 
#1 ·
I normally CC, but since I was going to an OC dinner get together, yesterday was an OC day. I went to FedEx/Kinko's, Starbucks, Staples, Best Buy (twice), Target, Walmart, and Pizzaria Uno. Nothing happened. Very few noticed, and those who did just took a quick look. No nasty looks. No snarky comments. Just a few smiles.

One funny thing happened. At Best Buy, I was squating down to see a low rack. A little boy, maybe 4 or 5, and his father walked up to look at something a little further down the aisle. I was basically at the boy's height and he was looking at my pistol. I normally wear a black Aussie hat, and yesterday was no exception. The little boy's eyes grew big as he looked at my pistol and his gaze slowly moved up to my face and hat. I stood up, and as I did, he turned to his dad and tugged on his pant leg. "Daddy!" he whispered loudly. "It's a REAL cowboy!". His dad and I looked at each other and smiled, and I walked off to look at something else. The look on the kid's face was priceless.

#2 ·
Good stuff. before I started OC'ing I had a kid ask me where my gun was because I had on a hat and boots. BTW, his was on his belt, capgun. The kid was all cowboyed up. :smile:

#3 ·
Wow, do you remember those days? I did it as a kid and frankly, IMHO so few do it now.

I remember kids carrying 22 rifles around to shoot bottles and such. Fun times!

#4 ·
I've OC'd in many restaurants and stores in Richmond, nobody pays any attention or says anything. The other night I stopped at the West Broad WAWA. 2 of Henrico's finest were inside drinking free coffee and BS'ing. Walked right by them several times, they like everyone else, didn't bat an eye.

#8 ·
Thanks for the grin!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.