First semi negative OC experience

This is a discussion on First semi negative OC experience within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yesterday I went to go pick up my 1 daughter at baseball practice and the other 2 at cheerleading practice. They were both at the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yesterday I went to go pick up my 1 daughter at baseball practice and the other 2 at cheerleading practice. They were both at the same field. After picking them up I needed to stop and get gas at the local 7-11. I head in 7-11 OCing my TRP 1911 and hand the clerk money for gas.

Me= $25 bucks on 6 please. ( I start to head back out the door)

Clerk looks at my gun with a weird look

Clerk= You cant have that gun in here. Even if you have a concealed carry permit. Only law enforcement are allowed to do that.

Me=Are you the owner (which I knew he wasn't)

Clerk=No but that is 7-11's policy

Me=Can you show me this policy.

Clerk=I don't have it right now

Me=Then you have no authority to say such a thing.

I leave.

I go to the other 7-11 on my side of town (Owner own's both store's) where I have OCed for, I dont know how long. Everyone that works at that location know's who I'am. I ask them if I could see there store policy. The girl asked what was wrong so I told her. She went to the back and got the policy book. We both went through it and not one word stated that I couldn't OC or CC. See said that they have been having problems with that clerk so I left my number so I could speak with the owner as it is illegal to give out the owners number. That is what she said. See said the owner would be in the next day if I wanted to speak with him.

Today I call down to the store to speak with the owner but he wasn't in. The person that answered was a close friend of mine. I asked her if there was a policy about the said gun issue. She stated that there was no policy and that I was okay. I walk in to the 7-11 that I always go to (OCing) and there were 4 clerks there (which I know) that were switching shift's. They had heard all about what happened and there was no policy. I asked them when the clerk from the other store worked again so I can go in and ask him if he found the policy and say as I OC my TRP 1911

I'd tell him that someday if a BG has a gun stuck in his face robbing the place he may actually be happy to see you,until you wave and drive off
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

There you go,,, morealways opening their flytrap spitting out some mumbo jumbo to which they have no knowledge of...

Im amazed at the people who quote policy's and LAWSto which they know nothing about....

Oh yea, im sure he's still looking for that policy to " I just know its in here somewhere,, I just saw it, I know I did

VIP Member
    I have a feeling the clerk misunderstands the policy. Southland Corp., which owns 7-11, prohibits employees from carrying weapons. To the best of my knowledge they do not prohibit customers from lawfully carrying in their stores.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Must be related to the idiots at Best Buy here.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I have a feeling the clerk misunderstands the policy. Southland Corp., which owns 7-11, prohibits employees from carrying weapons. To the best of my knowledge they do not prohibit customers from lawfully carrying in their stores.
    They don't want stop-n-rob employees to be armed. Nice.

Yes, I know - they say "just go along and give them the money."

When I was in high school, one of our coaches worked at 7-11 during the summer. One night, some guys came in and robbed the place. He did what he was supposed to, and they shot him anyways.

Great policy.

Some clerks seem to confuse Customer Service with Customer Subservience. Believing their spot behind the register to be a position of authority. Clerk News Flash - it's not. Glad you straightened him/her out!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I carry into 7-11s more than any other place. Theres one about 2 miles from my house that i always stop for gas and a six pack. Never heard of such a policy, nor have i ever had a issue, sometimes a new clerk will ask me if i'm a cop, i just say nope just wanna keep safe!

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I'd tell him that someday if a BG has a gun stuck in his face robbing the place he may actually be happy to see you,until you wave and drive off
    No. All the clerk would have to do is to explain that the gun was against 7-11 policy and to take it outside.

Also I have carried many times into both 7-11's here without a problem.

Just got back from 7-11 and the clerks of the day told me the owner had a few words with the clerk that didn't know what he was talking about and dropped him to 2 days a week. I guess they really don't like him.

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    They don't want stop-n-rob employees to be armed. Nice.
    Maybe they think some out of control clerk will shoot some kids taking beer. In the back. And erase the evidence.

Until gun owners can consistently demonstrate RESPONSIBILITY, corporations will continue to protect themselves against righteous lawsuits.

Quote Originally Posted by VR4 View Post
    Just got back from 7-11 and the clerks of the day told me the owner had a few words with the clerk that didn't know what he was talking about and dropped him to 2 days a week. I guess they really don't like him.
    Well, it sucks for him that opening his yap got him less work time but, maybe he'll learn a lesson.

Good for you following up on this with the owner and the store/chain policy.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Kinda funny you mention Stop & Rob. My home town had a place called Stop and Go. We always called it "Rob and Go" or "Stop & Rob".

A friend of mine worked there for a bit and he got held up one night. The robber had one of those "Seal" knifes where the blade popped out of the front instead of like a switch blade. Unfortunately for the robber, my friend had been taking one form of martial arts or another for pretty much all his life. He threw a roll of quarters at the guy which hit him right below the tip of his nose and his upper lip, busting a few teeth. My friend pummeled him to the ground and drug him out to the dumpster to await the police.

We called him Captain Quarters for the longest time.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

NRA Member / Ohio Conceal Carry Instructor
    CHL Holder

Maybe that owner should change his policy so that the clerk in not allowed to work when you OC into the store...he must punch out. He'll be real safe that way.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Faitmaker View Post
    Kinda funny you mention Stop & Rob. My home town had a place called Stop and Go. We always called it "Rob and Go" or "Stop & Rob".

A friend of mine worked there for a bit and he got held up one night. The robber had one of those "Seal" knifes where the blade popped out of the front instead of like a switch blade. Unfortunately for the robber, my friend had been taking one form of martial arts or another for pretty much all his life. He threw a roll of quarters at the guy which hit him right below the tip of his nose and his upper lip, busting a few teeth. My friend pummeled him to the ground and drug him out to the dumpster to await the police.

We called him Captain Quarters for the longest time.
    Now that is a great story! Always love to hear about dirtbags getting their comeuppance. A roll of quarters huh? Well, I guess the guy did come in to get money, I just love the way he got it!
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links