First time OC, on accident

This is a discussion on First time OC, on accident within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I went to ship a couple of guns that I sold today in a torrential downpour. I was carrying my Detonics 1911 in my ...

Thread: First time OC, on accident

So I went to ship a couple of guns that I sold today in a torrential downpour. I was carrying my Detonics 1911 in my Supertuck. I had pulled my shirt up and tucked it in behind the holster to drive out there, because it's more comfortable while driving. Needless to say, I completely forgot about my shirt and was much more concerned about the ankle deep water I stepped into getting out of my truck. I burst into the sporting goods store where two older folks were sitting at the counter. Their attention went directly to my right hip, but neither one said anything. I realized what they were staring at and pulled my shirt back over it. We then talked for about 20 minutes about their competition guns, the lack of .380 ammo, and reloading.

Cool story.

BAC
    I almost did that down here in FL, which is a no-go...

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

Great read

I hope everyone in Florida is safe!
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by j21blackjack View Post
    So I went to ship a couple of guns that I sold today in a torrential downpour. I was carrying my Detonics 1911 in my Supertuck. I had pulled my shirt up and tucked it in behind the holster to drive out there, because it's more comfortable while driving. Needless to say, I completely forgot about my shirt and was much more concerned about the ankle deep water I stepped into getting out of my truck. I burst into the sporting goods store where two older folks were sitting at the counter. Their attention went directly to my right hip, but neither one said anything. I realized what they were staring at and pulled my shirt back over it. We then talked for about 20 minutes about their competition guns, the lack of .380 ammo, and reloading.
    Just curious to why you covered back up? Were you not comfortable being OC or was it more due to the clothing you were wearing?

Here in Arizona it's doubtful that they'd have even glanced at your handgun.

Most folks around here get "desensitized" pretty quick. It's not like everyone's OC'ing here, but it's not an uncommon thing.

Daryl

Quote Originally Posted by Glock30Owner View Post
    Just curious to why you covered back up? Were you not comfortable being OC or was it more due to the clothing you were wearing?
    I was wondering the same thing...you could OC anyway, right? What was the big deal?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

well, some people are uncomfortable with OC, even where it's legal. some friends of mine, who carry at all times, would still freak if their gun became exposed. they think i'm ballsy for OCing all the time.

OC isn't legal in Tx ,anytime I get up from sitting or get out of my car I automatically check to make sure my gun isn't playing peekaboo
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    well, some people are uncomfortable with OC, even where it's legal. some friends of mine, who carry at all times, would still freak if their gun became exposed. they think i'm ballsy for OCing all the time.
    I know a couple people who were uncomfortable with OC. I convinced them to OC with me on a few occasions, as I OC all the time. Once they learned people never notice, they were no longer uncomfortable.

They still prefer CC, but I have seen them both OC occasionally when it is very hot.

Options are always good.

Sponsored Links