TFA meeting: lets beat up on the OC guy - Page 3

TFA meeting: lets beat up on the OC guy

This is a discussion on TFA meeting: lets beat up on the OC guy within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The part about the gun magazines and forums is true. A lawyer will use it against you, if he's after you in court....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TFA meeting: lets beat up on the OC guy

The part about the gun magazines and forums is true. A lawyer will use it against you, if he's after you in court.

As I read this and the replies, a couple of sayings came to mind.
    1. Know your enemy.
    2. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

If this lawyer is indeed defending scumbags and attacking law-abiding gun owners in court, regardless of his knowledge of Tennessee gun laws (or lack thereof), then I can think of few speakers who would be better for presenting the reality of what we are up against should we have to use a firearm in the defense of ourselves or others. Unless he was just blowing smoke, then this is what you are up against, folks. Take a good, hard look. Learn his methods. Know his tactics. Understand his strategy. Learn how they attempt to villify the law abiding in an effort to defend the indefensible.

To be honest, I'd be far more concerned about "pro-gun" TFA members who choose to appease those who think like that lawyer, and would essentially criminalize carry for everyone out of fear of the unlikely event of having to use their firearm and face one of these scumbags in court, themselves.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Quote Originally Posted by puncho View Post
    The part about the gun magazines and forums is true. A lawyer will use it against you, if he's after you in court.
    Do you have documented proof of this?? Care to share?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Do you have documented proof of this?? Care to share?
    I've had this personally mentioned to me by two different attorneys, each of whom indicated that online postings and web "habits" can make a difference to show trends of thinking, or even (in cases of perps who aren't very careful at all) direct statements linking them to specific crimes.

I have also had this personally stated to me by M. Ayoob, known to many here.

Beyond anyone stating so, think for a moment: it's public comments put into the void, and one's computer is easily broken into to divulge the browsing history and cookies for such sites that a person visits. In the case of a criminal nature where a warrant has been obtained, it's also reasonable to assume that an account's credentials will be divulged by a given site/forum to support a legitimate investigation. If impossible, ask how so many instances of recent shooters/criminals' online postings get identified.

Anyway, there is no question this goes on. Ask a variety of attorneys and I'm sure you'll get the confirmation you seek.

Is it publicly acknowledged outside legal circles? Why, if it would just tick off people who would otherwise be potential future targets for their transgressions?

"Documented" proof? Seems to me that personal reference by multiple attorneys would qualify for this "higher" standard. I've not personally seen it written down and don't have links at my fingertips to show you ... but that changes nothing.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Just watch the national news enough and you will see it alot. Computers being taken form suspects houses during searches. Why would a suspects computers be taken if not to look for what they had been doing online or other personal information.

Look how many politicians have been brought down by e-mails. Very little is truely confidential anymore.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by puncho View Post
    I have no doubt that this is indeed happening. The sum bag...I mean lawyer, that spoke to us said he has done as much.

But, as I have read Massad Ayoob state in articles and in an email to me, this can also make you more defensible in court by demonstraiting that you have a higher level of expertise in weapons handeling and that you did not act out of ignorance.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links