Negative OC experience tonight at Collierville, TN Walmart

This is a discussion on Negative OC experience tonight at Collierville, TN Walmart within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by PEF Your solution is pragmatic but the rationale is not persuasive. People should be able to engage in lawful activities without risk ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Negative OC experience tonight at Collierville, TN Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    Your solution is pragmatic but the rationale is not persuasive. People should be able to engage in lawful activities without risk of unlawful arrest. To not bother is to surrender the right. Just sayin'.
    Selectively choosing to not exercise the right is not surrendering it.

Indiscriminately exercising the right might lead to others taking the right away. That's where we are, IMHO, with respect to open carry. The sheeple just aren't ready to stay calm when they see guns in urban and suburban environments, especially not in the immediate aftermath of these highly publicized mass shootings.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by troutkiller View Post
    It's not surrendering any right at all. Just because I chose not to talk all the time doesn't mean I've given up my right to free speech.
    LOL! But you have given up a LOT of your right to free speech. It's called "Political Correctness" and saying things in the workplace to a woman such as, "You look beautiful today" can get you fired and have civil charges of sexual harassment slapped on you. You may beat the case, but you're gonna be dead-busted broke.

Look at how many places and venues where you CAN'T speak your opinion because of reprisal--which might be anything from being yelled at (big whoop) to being fired to being charged with a hate crime.

Whether or not one chooses to open carry isn't really the point. I'm for open-carry, totally, but even if we had it in Texas I wouldn't OC all the time--probably not even half the time. The point is, what makes YOUR rights any more valuable than MY rights simply because you have the impression that the way you exercise them is less offensive?

I remember a lady in Alabama who was continuously being told to just "enjoy being able to be on the bus--quit making a stink about wanting to sit up front." I'm glad she wasn't worried about offending anyone and instead stood up for her rights--ALL of her rights.

The irony of that was that in the latter years of her life, Ms. Parks would often ride in the middle of the bus or at the back--but as she pointed out, it was HER choice.

Same way I feel about Open Carry.

JD
    Ghettokracker71 likes this.
    Author of Above Reproach, the new thriller that unequivocally positions the Second Amendment and concealed carry as our nation's most effective system of homeland and personal security.

Yup, my choice, JD.

Not to start a foodfight or anything, but I didn't infer anything about the right to open carry. If people want to open carry and it's legal, go for it.

I open carry, just not among the general public. I simply do not find that useful.
    limatunes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by troutkiller View Post

I open carry, just not among the general public. I simply do not find that useful.
    I hear you. The only time I would find it useful where I live is when sitting down to eat at a restaurant where I could take off my sports coat and not have the black helicopters come roaring in because I've got a sidearm safely holstered on my hip. Or when pumping gas or running into the dry-cleaners, etc in my neighborhood where everyone knows everyone else.

I'm far more offended (and often frightened) by some of the human spectacles I see at Walmart and at government buildings. They often convince me that I may need more ammo and in a larger caliber. . .

JD
    Author of Above Reproach, the new thriller that unequivocally positions the Second Amendment and concealed carry as our nation's most effective system of homeland and personal security.

Why does this always get into a debate about whether open carry is good to do or not ? if it's legal and you want to cc or open carry, do it. That's not the debate. What you decide to do, should have nothing to do with what I decide to do.
    ptco911 and carracer like this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links