Defensive Carry banner

Pennsylvania.......CC or OC or both ?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  xXxplosive 
#1 ·
I carry in Pa. under the strength of a Florida permit. With all the concern about having you weapon totally concealed in fear of someone in a store crapping out after spotting your CCW. What happens here in Pa. if your pistol becomes exposed and someone sees it.......Is this a OC state and does it really matter here ?

#3 · (Edited)
Pa law

PA is both a "shall issue" conceal carry ( with LTCF permit ) and an open carry state. The one exception is open carry in the city of Philadelphia ( Class 1 )

More info for an out of state permit holder can be found on:

Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

( I personally carry all the laws of my state ( printed out ) with me in my car...just in case. )

And here is a link to a flyer @ paopencarry forum...

http://paopencarry.org/forum/your-pennsylvania-gun-rights-handy-flyer-about-carry-t-4.html

#4 ·
The one exception is open carry in the city of Philadelphia ( Class 1 )
For the sake of clarity, the exception is that a LTCF or license/permit from a state with which Pennsylvania has a reciprocity agreement is required for carrying openly in Philadelphia. Outside of Philadelphia, no license/permit is required for carrying openly.

PAFOA, the site SHOOTER13 linked to, is a great source for PA specific information.

#5 ·
As long as you can legally possess the firearm, no license or permit (except for Philly) is needed to open carry in the state.

You do need a license to carry or permit to carry or transport the weapon in your vehicle to places you want/need/desire to open carry.

#6 ·
Thanks for all the responses......so let me see if I got it straight.
If I'm in a store or restaurant in PA and if by some reason someone see's that i have a firearm on me due to my jacket moving or my shirt lifting there is no problem as long as I have my CCL on me.....right ? Unlike states with no OC policy.........

#7 ·
Not quite. There's no guarantee that an uninformed citizen won't call the police. There's no guarantee that a LEO responding to such a call won't also be uninformed. You're legal, but there could still be a problem.

I can tell you that I've been carrying a concealed pistol in Pennsylvania for 15 years and I've never had a problem. I don't worry about perfect concealment and no one's ever called the police on me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.