Chicken Tenders and OC

This is a discussion on Chicken Tenders and OC within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to a local chicken place today in Franklin, TN. I openly carried my G19. I noticed only one person that even noticed. He ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chicken Tenders and OC

Chicken Tenders and OC

I went to a local chicken place today in Franklin, TN. I openly carried my G19. I noticed only one person that even noticed. He did a bit of a double take on me, then checked out my lunch companion to see if he was carrying (he wasn't). Nobody said anything to me. I guess that's a pretty good day. By the way, the chicken was pretty good.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    It will draw attention. Some places not much - others places maybe more than you'd like - but - your choice - good to be free to choose isn't it.....
    For God, Family and Country!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    It may draw attention. Some places not much - others places maybe more than you'd like - but - your choice - good to be free to choose isn't it.....
    Fixed for ya.

I agree Doug. Here in South West Tennessee, I have carried openly all day and, while paying extra close attention for anyone who reacted in any way, not seen a single person that even noticed the gun. It is a Service size (4 inch) two tone (silver slide black frame) XD .40 in an OWB black Blackhawk serpa holster. It is actually, I would think, rather hard to miss. But most people do, maybe on the order of 95% of the people I come into contact with daily miss it entirely. It always amazes me.

Glad to hear that Franklin is also a good place to OC. But, all of Tennessee is OC legal so it shouldn't be a surprise at all.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Always glad to hear a successful OC story. Just like TN_Mike, I open carry quite often here in the same area, (SW TN) and most people are oblivious to the fact that I have a Glock 27 in a Don Hume OWB holster on one side a and a spare mag on the other.

People today are so tuned in to their own world, they totally miss what is happening around them.
    Proud NRA member

Franklin, isn't that where all the country music stars live?
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Good thing you didn't cause the patron to choke on his nugget, probably would have been charged with use of a firearm/manslaughter...
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Yep, the occasional double-take is about the only reaction I've ever gotten. The only LEO encounter was the county deputy who gushed about how much he wants a 629MG too like I was wearing at the time.

May you have many more uneventful days OC'ing

Quote Originally Posted by redstgunnut View Post
    I went to a local chicken place today in Franklin, TN. I openly carried my G19. I noticed only one person that even noticed. He did a bit of a double take on me, then checked out my lunch companion to see if he was carrying (he wasn't).
    He was probably looking to see if your buddy was carrying thinking you were law enforcement or something like that.

I have never been able to feel comfortable with OC. I don't know why other than, I just don't want to deal with the hassle that you sometimes hear folks mention regarding OC. I can sometimes have a short fuse and not patient enough with some of the clowns out there that might want you to justify your rights for carrying a weapon. I got no time for um.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

I wish Seattle was that nice. I noticed a guy oc'ing his knife today at a teriyaki place next to work. This lady freaked out and was creating a ruckus among her friends. I should have told her I was carrying a .45. ;-)
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by wolfshead View Post
    I wish Seattle was that nice. I noticed a guy oc'ing his knife today at a teriyaki place next to work. This lady freaked out and was creating a ruckus among her friends. I should have told her I was carrying a .45. ;-)
    Man, I was at the doctor's office and when the nurse weighed me, I mentioned taking off my knife and she said "I didn't think that was legal now'. I REALLY wanted to educate her, but let it go. If it had been the Doc., I may have...

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Good thing you didn't cause the patron to choke on his nugget, probably would have been charged with use of a firearm/manslaughter...
    Not. Even. Funny.

I guess due to my "noob" status, I am discovering that if you look nervous as all get out, you are going to attract a lot of unwanted attention. If you look like it belongs there, most people assume you are an LEO and ignore it.
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Don’t mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

What comments would you expect in a place full of 'chickens' or they're all in "Never-Never Land"
    Glad you had a peacful day.
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; September 26th, 2009 at 12:09 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonk View Post
    Not. Even. Funny.

I guess due to my "noob" status, I am discovering that if you look nervous as all get out, you are going to attract a lot of unwanted attention. If you look like it belongs there, most people assume you are an LEO and ignore it.
    Don't be all jittery. You either have to make yourself a presence to be reckoned with or know how to make yourself invisible to the sheep.

After awhile you'll get used to it. Just treat your firearm like its another part of your body and not tumor or hideous growth that's going to reach out and grab a sheep's attention.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links