What is your most asked question? - Page 4

What is your most asked question?

This is a discussion on What is your most asked question? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; T carry a 1911 type pistol and the most often question is "is that a 9mm". I just say "no it's a 45". The only ...

View Poll Results: What is your most asked question while open carrying?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Are you a police officer?

55 46.61%
  • Is that a real gun?

19 16.10%
  • *Awkward silence*

17 14.41%
  • Other, please specify

27 22.88%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is your most asked question?

T carry a 1911 type pistol and the most often question is "is that a 9mm".
    I just say "no it's a 45".

The only time I have been asked if I was a cop, was when I was doing street Photography on assignment in Seattle during early morning and late evenings.
    My assignment was an article on Street homeless children and child prostitution.

i get the cop question every once in awhile. the most common question i get is "is that a real gun?"

who carries around a fake gun?

I never understood the "Is that a real gun" question.

What grown man (or woman) is going to walk around with a toy on their hip.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

VIP Member
    "Are you going to shoot my cat"?

you asked and that's it.

I have been CC'ing since June and have been OC'ing for about a month now.
    The other day I went into a local radio shack looking for an external mic to go with my voice recorder. I don't think the man that was helping me noticed my XDm40. But the woman behind the counter did. 'Cause when I turned around she was trying to get a couple of the other associates attention by doing the "Psst, hey" while nudging one of them and trying not to get my attention.

And on X-mas day(wearing the shirt below) I had to go to the store to get some last minute stuff. As I was walking in the door an older man was walking out. After reading my shirt and seeing my sidearm he says as we pass "I carry a gun too." Which kinda took me by surprise. Then after taking a few more steps in the opposite directions he turns and ask what kind was it. Then says he has a Glock.

Oh, I think my goatee keeps me from getting asked if I'm a cop

I don't open carry, because I can't in my state (florida) I envy those who can open carry as concealing is hard to do most of the time in florida because of the lack of clothes (most people wear shirt and shorts and sometimes pants). I do have an open carry leather galco for my sig p229 that I could use if I had a few layers of clothes on me or to wear around the house when I'm just lounging around. Consider yourself lucky
    A man with a briefcase can steal millions more than any man with a gun.

No law ever prevented a crime.
    -Anonymous

A Fool refuses to protect himself, his family, and his home. - Me

Quote Originally Posted by RogerThat View Post
    I don't open carry, because I can't in my state (florida) I envy those who can open carry as concealing is hard to do most of the time in florida because of the lack of clothes (most people wear shirt and shorts and sometimes pants). I do have an open carry leather galco for my sig p229 that I could use if I had a few layers of clothes on me or to wear around the house when I'm just lounging around. Consider yourself lucky
    It gets pretty hot here also.(Vegas) With the right holster you can CC in shorts and a t-shirt. Try a crossbreed or what I have, a khoslter.(pictured with my smaller PT-140 pro) From what I can tell, very similar but will save a little $. I haven't CC'ed my XDm40 yet but once I get my new updated ccw with my XDm40 added, should be in the mail soon, I can't see the Taurus making it out of the safe much.

XDm40>PT-140 pro
    3 full mags each
    49>31
    And shooting wise, a much better gun.

Is that a real gun?..yes it is.
    Why do you carry a gun?..it's legal, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Handgunner View Post
    Like everyone else here, I make every attempt to keep "concealed carry" just that.
    Not just like everyone else here. This is a forum discussing open carry. Not concealed carry. The poll is asking those of us who don't make every attempt to conceal, what we are asked when we are OPEN CARRYING.

"Is that a Gun?"

Hmmm, well any of those questions I'd be sorely tempted to get them to specifically point out the gun on my hip, then react like it was a large spider or other some such creature and start screaming..."AAAAHHHH Get it off, get it off, AAAAHHHH!" then run off like a little girl being chased by a mouse.

Seriously, I've been noticed, but nothing said.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by orangevol View Post
    OK...I'm standing at the Rx counter at Walmart waiting to get some meds and a lady walks up behind me and said, "Ohh...you're carrying a gun...you're not going to shoot me, are you?"
    I politely turned to her and replied, "No, as long as you are not a threat to me, you're safe."
    Hmmmm. Reminds me of a line in "Wayne's World" where the guy behind the camera asks if he scares the lady looking at him. She says, "no", then he replies, "Do you want me too?"

I don't open carry, but I would have been real tempted to say to her, " No, but do you want me to shoot you?"
    Last edited by JoJoGunn; December 29th, 2009 at 10:43 AM. Reason: add quotation marks
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Northwest part of God's Country in Montana
    I marked the option 'Other, please specify' on the poll because I usually get a combination of a couple questions.
    First I get asked: "Are you a cop?" to which I reply in the negative. After that, they ask: "Then why are you carrying a gun? That's not legal, is it?"
    In Montana there are very few restrictions on where you cannot carry a firearm openly! Concealed is allowed in City Limits with a permit and is allowed outside city/town limits without one.
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion but rather default to your level of training!

Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting!
    -John W. Creasy (Man on Fire)

kpw
    Other. Nobody ever asks me about the gun. I get the occasional stares, a bug eye or two but generally nothing at all. Most asked question would be "Excuse me but you tell me how to get to...?"
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by ecorrigan View Post
    I marked the option 'Other, please specify' on the poll because I usually get a combination of a couple questions.
    First I get asked: "Are you a cop?" to which I reply in the negative. After that, they ask: "Then why are you carrying a gun? That's not legal, is it?"
    In Montana there are very few restrictions on where you cannot carry a firearm openly! Concealed is allowed in City Limits with a permit and is allowed outside city/town limits without one.
    Liked the movie, then again I like anything he plays in, but loved the book.n
    The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links