Was asked to leave a Cinemark theater

This is a discussion on Was asked to leave a Cinemark theater within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Email re-sent and here it is. Yes at 1:50 I was a little tired. I sent an E-mail this morning before I got a chance ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Was asked to leave a Cinemark theater

Email re-sent and here it is. Yes at 1:50 I was a little tired. I sent an E-mail this morning before I got a chance to open my eyes completely. Now with a cup of coffee beside me... I am saddened to say that I will not be attending your theaters anymore. I will not support business that do support the second amendment. Two of my friends were asked to leave because they were caring firearms. These people are law abiding citizens that have passed a background check, and have spent a large sum of money for licensing and training. In today’s business world, how many customers can you afford to turn away? I will be happy to spend my money elsewhere.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like it went well.

Amazing, that some of the management was "shaking" due to being so fearful. They simply cannot understand that you are the GOOD guys, that you are no more likely to spontaneously combust (blow sideways and commit a violent criminal act) than the shoes they put on that day.

They simply won't accept that the only indicator of criminality they're going to get from criminals, or they've ever gotten, is specific violent/antisocial behavior by criminals as they explode. Without that bad behavior, a given person is simply another citizen. And as an official card-carrying GG, you're documented to be a member of a group of people known to be far more upstanding, statistically speaking, than people in general.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    E-mail sent. Any other company I can send an e-mail to?

Here is a link for bussiness cards that we carry here in Kansas. One of our members made them and maintains them on this site. There are Ks. Mo. Specific and a Generic card for other states. When we run into a situation like this we do the same thing and hand them our "Bussiness card". It has been relitively successful at getting signs removed. We also maintain a database on the Kansas Concealed Carry site, that list bussinesses that are posted and tell the folks we give cards to that we will post their bussiniss inthe database so the other CCW members don't violate their policy.

No Gun No Money
    Kansas Concealed Carry Website

NRA/Ks. Firearms instructor
    Cheif Range Safety Officer

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doctruptwn View Post
    Here is a link for bussiness cards that we carry here in Kansas.

No Gun No Money
    Thanks for the link!

I was under the impression that Alaska had a concealed carry statute. You really do have an advantage carrying concealed, but I admit that it sounds cool to carry open.

[From Texas where open carry has not been allowed for over a century]
    Live every day so that you can, with a clear conscience, look all men in their eyes and tell them to go to hell.

Done. It saddens me that a Texas based company can have a policy like this, but they aren't' the only one.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Email sent
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    Email sent and here it is. I am sadden to say that I will not be attending your theaters anymore. I do not support business that do support the second amendment. Two of my friends were asked to leave because they where caring firearms. These people are law abiding citizens that have been passed a background check and have spent a large sum of money for licensing and training. In today business how many customers can you afford to turn away? I will be happy to spend my money elsewhere.
    With all due respect, I hope it was better written than what you posted above.

My corrections to the grammar and construction follow. Changes are in italics.

" I am saddened to say that I will not be attending your theaters anymore. I do not support businesses that do not support the Second Amendment. Two of my friends were asked to leave because they were carrying firearms. These people are law abiding citizens that have (the word been deleted) passed a background check and have spent a large sum of money for licensing and training. In today's business climate, how many customers can you afford to turn away? I will be happy to spend my money elsewhere. "

Additionally, I would have said "...passed an FBI background check and are properly licensed and trained", instead of your statement. That they spend a lot of money is immaterial to the issue.

When sending email and letters such as these, it is imperative to make sure what we say is grammatically correct. Otherwise, they have a 99 percent chance of being ignored and thrown in the trash, unanswered.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    With all due respect, I hope it was better written than what you posted above.

My corrections to the grammar and construction follow. Changes are in italics.

" I am saddened to say that I will not be attending your theaters anymore. I do not support businesses that do not support the Second Amendment. Two of my friends were asked to leave because they were carrying firearms. These people are law abiding citizens that have (the word been deleted) passed a background check and have spent a large sum of money for licensing and training. In today's business climate, how many customers can you afford to turn away? I will be happy to spend my money elsewhere. "

Additionally, I would have said "...passed an FBI background check and are properly licensed and trained", instead of your statement. That they spend a lot of money is immaterial to the issue.

When sending email and letters such as these, it is imperative to make sure what we say is grammatically correct. Otherwise, they have a 99 percent chance of being ignored and thrown in the trash, unanswered.
    I'll second that. We need to be taken seriously. Besides, we don't want to perpetuate stereotypes about gun owners.

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    we got a couple of theaters here that have a no gun policy in effect i dont go there at all anymore
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

To Majorlk that you for the suggestions and Wmhawth could you be kind enough to post your email that you sent.

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    To Majorlk that you for the suggestions and Wmhawth could you be kind enough to post your email that you sent.
    Thank you for taking the suggestions in the spirit in which they were given. I learned (the hard way!) a long time ago not to dash off letters when I am tired, in a hurry, etc. Or post on Internet forums, for that matter.

Letters to companies, especially complaints, need to be carefully worded to put the writer in the best light possible.

Have a good evening.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

I have a habit of sending off rapidly composed strongly worded notes that my wife refers to as bat-faxes (reference to a Calvin and Hobbes strip. Tried to find it but C&H's lawyers are really strict about online copies of the strip.). I have sent them off before only to be embarassed when I discovered a typo.

My wife was telling me that her brother found a program that analyzes your emails and tells you if they're too angry in tone. It's a cool addition to spell check. I haven't tried to find it yet.

VIP Member
    "Proof read" email sent
    Prepare for the worst and hope it never happens

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links