Day 1

This is a discussion on Day 1 within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I decided to open carry today for the first time. I have gone in places with my holster on but no gun. Carrying at work ...

Thread: Day 1

Day 1

I decided to open carry today for the first time. I have gone in places with my holster on but no gun. Carrying at work is no problem as I own the business. The UPS guy talked with me on the way out the door and said he really liked my setup and wish they would let him carry.

Went to the grocery store, which was packed, and didn't think a thing about it. No comments, noticeable stares or panicky customers. hehe The bag boy noticed it and just smiled. I just smiled and nodded to people like I always do.
    I must have more 1911's. Someone donate me a Springfield EMP.

2. Remove Ads

Congrats on a successful OC experience! The vast majority of the time people don't even notice you are OC at all. Once in a while I OC as well. The vast majority of the time I have a very uneventful day. Only once in a great while I get an odd look or comment from the public.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Having the gun on you is much more effective that the empty holster.

Congrats on a first OC!
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Knowing that you have the chance to defend yourself from the roaming dirtbags is what can make you smile on the 'inside'.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links