A funny OC today

This is a discussion on A funny OC today within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No less this happened at my parents HOUSE. I had a guy come today to put up gutterguards and fix some problems because I do ...

Thread: A funny OC today

A funny OC today

No less this happened at my parents HOUSE.

I had a guy come today to put up gutterguards and fix some problems because I do not have what I need to do it and dont have the time. He gets out of the truck and I meet him at the door, walk him around the house (he is to my left and cant see behind my back) and point everything out that needs to be fixed, well almost. NO PROBLEMS. Now my father carrys but his was concealed, mine was IWB in a holster near the small of back position off to the right of my spine about 530ish . When I turned around to say something to my father this poor guy stuttered and when I turned back around his eyes were big as saucers and still fixated on my waist where he saw the rear of the slide and the grip as well as my spare mag off to the left about 7 oclock.... He looks up and goes uh uh I I I.... So whe where is this hole in the siding you were talking about?

It was priceless and when I got inside my father and I got a good laugh. Hope you all do too.
    ~Steve
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

2. Remove Ads

I hope he did good work.
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

Quote Originally Posted by CRags99 View Post

I hope he did good work.
    He was probably too scared NOT to.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

An armed society is a polite society, didn't he know that?: Certainly nothing to be alarmed about.
    I'll assume that he did excellent work?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

SPECTACULAR actually, wonder why
    But before he left he asked what kind of gun it was and why I carry it at HOME (he said he can see why I would carry if I go out, citing the way "alot of places" have become"). My response was simple, mainly saying that HOME is just as bad as being AWAY from home, anything can happen anywhere and anytime, he then asked me where he can get a carry permit(told him the sheriffs office in the court house),asked for a reputable gun shop (Gave the name of the one I use DUNKLEBERGERS for those of you in monroe county) and if I can teach him the basics which I replied I would.
    He also said he never really met a "gun person" before.
    So today I helped converted a to (hopefully) a (I'll use that as shepard since there isnt a smily for it)
    ~Steve
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.

Great Job!!!!

Edit to add:
    I would be certain to hire him for future jobs. He can become a great friend and in this economy any work would be greatly appreciated. Plus, he knows what to expect and he does great work!!! Also, feel honored that he wants you to help him protect himself, I would be!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus View Post
    Great Job!!!!

Edit to add:
    I would be certain to hire him for future jobs. He can become a great friend and in this economy any work would be greatly appreciated. Plus, he knows what to expect and he does great work!!! Also, feel honored that he wants you to help him protect himself, I would be!
    DITTO

Puffer

VIP Member
    Congrats on the sheep conversion... the more we add to our side the better...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Unkl, I actually DO feel honored, because not only is this man about 14 years OLDER than me but because he asked to be TAUGHT not shown. In my opinion there is a big difference between TEACH and SHOW. And you can be sure Ill be passing as much work his way as possible. Hes got a wife and kids he needs to feed.
    ~Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinNEPA View Post
    ...he asked ... why I carry it at HOME
    Some friends of mine, a married couple, both have CHP's. She asked me why I carry at home. I told her that I had conducted extensive crime data research and determined that a majority of violent home invasion crimes happen at home.

You also need to bring the guy aboard (to dc.com that is).
    I can no longer keep track of threads as I used to. If you need to contact me, PM me instead of asking me something in the thread. Disclaimer - No legal advice issued anywhere. Take care.

I am happy you made a friend. However, I don't carry openly in front of tradesmen or visitors. They could go to another job site and tell the story of the guy who had a nice gun, and your house may be next on the "hit" list when you're not at home.

That's just my personal preference.

Great job on the conversion , just might be a lifesaver.

this if funny but, for the most part all of us have grown up around guns and seeing and handling guns is no biggie. To people who haven't had the same background guns can be frightening. Understandable but not necessary. i would have possibly given a few words of comfort or something to the effect of oh sorry i have a permit to do this. but it's easy for me to say not being in the situation. good story:)

I really enjoy success stories. Thanks.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Links