OC'ed in Red Lobster

This is a discussion on OC'ed in Red Lobster within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys/gals, sorry for not posting in a while but as you can imagine its been quite busy and a little difficult getting back into ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC'ed in Red Lobster

OC'ed in Red Lobster

Hey guys/gals, sorry for not posting in a while but as you can imagine its been quite busy and a little difficult getting back into the swing of civilian life. But things are going good. So here is my issue, when I left Baghdad it was legal to carry into establishments that served alcohol, well between me leaving Iraq and gettin home that law was changed and I was totally unaware to it.

So about a week and a half ago my wife and I went to Jackson TN to eat at Red Lobster. Yea I walked in OC'ing as thats the way I most always carry. I noticed the manager looking at me but didnt think much about it.

So we were seated in a booth and about 5 min later the manager came over, introduced himself and shook my hand. He then informed me that the law had recently changed and that carrying weapons inside was now prohibited by state law. I told him that I was unaware of this and that if it was state law then I had no problem leaving it in the vehicle. He appologized and told me that he truly was sorry and how he didnt agree with it but it was the law now. I told him I would leave it in the vehicle.

Over all, I must say I truly felt like a dumb** for not knowing the law changed, but I must say the Mgr was a pretty good guy about it.

2. Remove Ads

Over all, I must say I truly felt like a dumb** for not knowing the law changed, but I must say the Mgr was a pretty good guy about it.
    1. The encounter went very well (IMO)

2. It really is your responsibility to keep up on things like that

3. Welcome home

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    1. The encounter went very well (IMO)

2. It really is your responsibility to keep up on things like that

3. Welcome home
    +1, especially #3.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

No foul, no harm.

Red Lobster biscuits FTW.

Welcome home..., and study those state laws.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I usually stay on top of the state laws, its just with all the re-intergration and adjusting I dropped the ball on this one. Now that things are back on track im hitting the posts and catching up on state issues that have changed and things of interest.

Just glad it went well for me, I know it could have went alot worse.

A big welcome home. Can you CC?

Can you carry ccw in Red Lobster? I wish Tennessee would let people carry both ways and quit switching back and forth. At least the manager was nice and on your side.

it was legal but judge rule part of the law was unconstitutional or some BS.... so instead of the being struck down in part he said the old law applied or something...
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    Can you carry ccw in Red Lobster? I wish Tennessee would let people carry both ways and quit switching back and forth. At least the manager was nice and on your side.
    Under current TN law OC and CC neither one are legal where alcohol is served for consumption on premise.

VIP Member
    KellyII, welcome back from the sandbox. Make sure you review the current laws so you don't run into any problems.

Welcome back!

At least it went well!
    Carry-S&W 642
    HD-Remington 870

The Dalai Lama:"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

Welcome Home!!!

My son (Navy Spook) leaves in February for 8 months in Baghdad.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by kellyII View Post
    Hey guys/gals, sorry for not posting in a while but as you can imagine its been quite busy and a little difficult getting back into the swing of civilian life. But things are going good. So here is my issue, when I left Baghdad it was legal to carry into establishments that served alcohol, well between me leaving Iraq and gettin home that law was changed and I was totally unaware to it.

So about a week and a half ago my wife and I went to Jackson TN to eat at Red Lobster. Yea I walked in OC'ing as thats the way I most always carry. I noticed the manager looking at me but didnt think much about it.

So we were seated in a booth and about 5 min later the manager came over, introduced himself and shook my hand. He then informed me that the law had recently changed and that carrying weapons inside was now prohibited by state law. I told him that I was unaware of this and that if it was state law then I had no problem leaving it in the vehicle. He appologized and told me that he truly was sorry and how he didnt agree with it but it was the law now. I told him I would leave it in the vehicle.

Hey Kelly, welcome home and sorry that we couldn't keep the law in effect while you were over there protecting our butts. We had an activist judge who is, in my opinion not only stupid but a bit too big in the head declare the law unconstitutional for being "vague" whatever that means.

Glad your encounter went well even though you were technically breaking the law. Sounds like the manager of that Red Lobster is a good guy and I would surely drop him a thank you not and do business with his place again!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    We can open carry and concealed carry here in TN. But for now, neither is legal in an establishment that serves alcohol for on site consumption.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    welcome back... there is the law
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links