Open carry with Husband at WW

This is a discussion on Open carry with Husband at WW within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yesterday, my husband and I loaded up the kids and headed off to WW for diaper supplies. Now, I don't normally OC with my husband ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yesterday, my husband and I loaded up the kids and headed off to WW for diaper supplies. Now, I don't normally OC with my husband because it makes him nervous, but I didn't feel like changing and had already had a long day.
    When we got to WW he asks me, "How far do you think we will make it?"
    I responded that I didn't know what he was talking about...we were talking about an engine swap before his question, so he kinda caught me off guard.
    My beloved husband then says, "How far do you think we will make it in the store since you aren't taking that thing off?"

He was referring to my Ruger p95...

I've carried in WW tons of times, and have never had more than an occasional double take from a college kid. Most people see my kids and never see my firearm. This time was no different other than a sense of disappointment in my spouse.

I think I need to take him behind the wood shed
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by mamakennedy View Post
    Yesterday, my husband and I loaded up the kids and headed off to WW for diaper supplies. Now, I don't normally OC with my husband because it makes him nervous, but I didn't feel like changing and had already had a long day.
    When we got to WW he asks me, "How far do you think we will make it?"
    I responded that I didn't know what he was talking about...we were talking about an engine swap before his question, so he kinda caught me off guard.
    My beloved husband then says, "How far do you think we will make it in the store since you aren't taking that thing off?"

He was referring to my Ruger p95...

I've carried in WW tons of times, and have never had more than an occasional double take from a college kid. Most people see my kids and never see my firearm. This time was no different other than a sense of disappointment in my spouse.

good for you.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

We've got the opposite problem. My wife is like that. Though I have OC'd with her on several occasions, and many times myself, with no problems. I CC for the marital bliss it maintains. But before I got my permit we decided to go school clothes shopping and use cash. She seemed strangely pleased that I was OC'ing with cash in my wallet. The permit did that in. On the bright side, she wants a home defense shotty after hearing that 911 call where the lady had to use one.

Well Chief, sounds like your wife might be on the road to liking OC. Shotgun comes first, then her Concealed maybe? And them she might take the plunge to go OC. MamaKennedy, as for taking your husband behind the wood shed, please do not hit him with a whip... A hickory switch is better, lol.
    ~Steve
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

I think you do too.
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

Chief, get her a shotty. Heck get it in pink if that is what she wants. It's the first step for a lot of ladies, and if they feel it is to foreign, like a typical firearm associated with a guy, they wont stick with it.
    I have a friend that now owns a shotty and 2 revolvers all with pink or red on them, because that helped her to feel like they where made for her.
    I tease her that they are princess guns, but it doesn't matter cause she now knows how to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinNEPA View Post
    MamaKennedy, as for taking your husband behind the wood shed, please do not hit him with a whip... A hickory switch is better, lol.
    ~Steve
    I was thinking a boot, but I may have to hold off though. He did agreed to come to an open carry dinner with me. And I just bought him a Taurus 1911 that he has wanted for the last few years, which he is not getting till Christmas.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

VIP Member
    Be careful, he might like that!

Good stuff! Maybe a pistol whip for good measure! You go girl! Thanks for making coffee come out my nose this morning.

Chief, get her a shotty. Heck get it in pink if that is what she wants. It's the first step for a lot of ladies, and if they feel it is to foreign, like a typical firearm associated with a guy, they wont stick with it.
    I have a friend that now owns a shotty and 2 revolvers all with pink or red on them, because that helped her to feel like they where made for her.
    I tease her that they are princess guns, but it doesn't matter cause she now knows how to use them.
    Looks like the shotty is coming after Christmas. I've been teasing her that I have wanted one for some time, but now that she wants it we are getting it. She shoots, and has sat in the woods hunting with me. So it's not foreign to be around, but it is to carry. She's talking about getting her CCP as well. One step at a time. She just does not like the "attention" that she thinks OC brings. Even though it has never brought any bad attention. I've offered to show her the ropes so to speak, but no go yet.

She is wanting to get back to the range and shoot some. She has not tried my G19. She has shot my P3at, and S&W 456 in .45. She likes the .45 better, I think she will love the Glock. We might end up with 2.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinNEPA View Post
    MamaKennedy, as for taking your husband behind the wood shed, please do not hit him with a whip... A hickory switch is better, lol.
    ~Steve
    Willow is even better. And be sure that you make him go cut & trim it himself before he brings it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    Willow is even better. And be sure that you make him go cut & trim it himself before he brings it to you.
    You people sound like my Mother when I was six!!!
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    good stuff^^^^^
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Nan, no switches for him. It would be rather hard to get him to chose the path of a sheepdog if I beat with a switch. I'm afraid I'd end up with a scared sheep then who might start complaining about me having a loaded weapon in the house.

I'm hoping that getting him to go to an open carry dinner and making sure he can go to the range when he wants will help bring him around. There are enough stories in the news to take care of the why he needs to come around.
    A lot of you guys walked the same path with your wives...I just have it a little different.

You already have a scared sheep for a "husband".

Wow, I can't remember the last time I felt this level of disdain for a "man". He's married, with at least one child and he isn't the one doing everything he can to protect his family. Thank God that he married someone who values their life, the lives of the children and even his life MUCH more than he himself does.

Sorry if this hurts or offends Mammakennedy, but, "men" like your husband offend me and really just outright disgust me. I do not understand how any man can have kids and not want to do everything they can to protect them and their wife.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Mike, he is a sheep and scared. Most of his fears come from the chance of legal repercussions.
    I'm hoping that the OC dinner we are heading to next month with help with that.
    Guys don't learn to well from their wives, but in a room full of other guys he may get the point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links