Defensive Carry banner

I think I scared the pizza man

5K views 40 replies 37 participants last post by  UnklFungus 
#1 ·
:redface:

When he rung the bell, as I quite often am, I was OC. I didn't even think about it when I opened up the door to pay him. I'm always OC at home. I took the pizzas and he looked down and saw my holstered 1911. When I gave him the money he kind of stepped back and said "You're not gonna rob me are you"?

"Um.. no, why would I"?

"Well I meant with your gun and all"

"If I was gonna rob you, it would have been out by now".

"Oh.. well have a good night"

He took the money and then left. I probably should have schooled him a bit on guns and that good guys have them too... but he didn't seem the chit chatty type so he left after that. I carry so much that I forget it's there :icon_neutral:

Have you ever scared the pizza man? Or any other delivery person like this?

#5 ·
Delivery or carry-out? I'm guessing it will be carry out until a new pizza delivery man arrives. Oh well. Nothing but a thing.

#13 ·
:rofl:^^^^^^

I deliver for a restaurant, and I can't believe anyone would do this as a job and not be carrying. My pf9 is always strapped to me. I hear about way to many drivers being robbed.

^^^^^YEP^^^^ I think I would pack someting ^^^^^

Yep, pizza man came in and i was sitting on the couch with two guns one on each leg, my brother answered the door and the guy dropped the pizzas still in the heat bags and left without the money. That was like 10 years ago.

:rofl:^^^^ :rofl: ^^^^^ :rofl:^^^^^

"If we could get everyone in the world to close their eyes and imagine world peace for an hour, think about how serene it would be until the looting started."

#7 ·
He took the money and then left
Did you tip him well?

Both the UPS and Fed Ex drivers have seen me with one or more of my Glocks OC'd. They never missed a beat. Probably not uncommon out here in the sticks............

UPS has delivered cases of ammo to me too........

#8 ·
Never scared the pizza guy, but one day, my shirt had gotten bunched up as I went to get the mail. My letter carrier looked and sais, "nice Kimber, I've got one just like it". She a great letter carrier and quite a nice lady. Too bad she can't carry on the job.

#9 ·
Pizza delivery personnel are too busy focusing on my dog going nuts to notice mine.

#10 ·
Yep, pizza man came in and i was sitting on the couch with two guns one on each leg, my brother answered the door and the guy dropped the pizzas still in the heat bags and left without the money. That was like 10 years ago.

#12 ·
I was at an old buddys house after school years ago. Being quiet as his pop, being on graveyards, was sleepin. We were on one end of the house and the door bell rings, a look of terror washed over my friends face and he raced to the dooras he knew if awoken his some what unstable pops would be upset to say the least, raced to the door. Unfortunatly, by the time we made it to the door it was open with his father standing there in his tighty whities, shoulder holster, and a 44 mag that the joker would be jealous of, and 3 horrified witnesses. i didnt hear what exactly was said but they didnt stay long. lol

#14 ·
:redface:

When he rung the bell, as I quite often am, I was OC. I didn't even think about it when I opened up the door to pay him. I'm always OC at home. I took the pizzas and he looked down and saw my holstered 1911. When I gave him the money he kind of stepped back and said "You're not gonna rob me are you"?

"Um.. no, why would I"?

"Well I meant with your gun and all"

"If I was gonna rob you, it would have been out by now".

"Oh.. well have a good night"

He took the money and then left. I probably should have schooled him a bit on guns and that good guys have them too... but he didn't seem the chit chatty type so he left after that. I carry so much that I forget it's there :icon_neutral:

Have you ever scared the pizza man? Or any other delivery person like this?

If you were gonna rob him why would you do it at your own place? I was never scared like that when I delivered pizzas. There were just some places I didn't like going after dark.

#17 ·
UPS has delivered cases of ammo to me too........
Does the UPS guy know what he's delivering?

#19 ·
Pizza guy came today, I opened the door with my P239 on my hip, OWB. I don't think he even noticed. (Hey buddy, my eyes are up HERE.) I was even wearing my "shoot like a girl" shirt. I paid, thanked him, he left, and I walked over to the side of the front yard where all the neighborhood kids were playing with my son, dropped off the pizza to a chorus of "Thank you, Hunter's mom" and walked back inside.

Maybe folks around here, kids included, are just used to seeing OC?

I'd say about 90% of my block is armed. That I know of. 1/2 of them are my current/former students, and maybe another 1/4 of them use our FFL guy at work to buy their firearms from. Most of us are NRA members.

I love my neighborhood! :)

#21 ·
Of all people, I would think pizza delivery guys would be sympathetic to homeowners carrying inside their own homes! Rich Davis was driven to "invent" soft body armor using "miracle" fiber after he was shot delivering pizza.

Davis founded Second Chance, which sadly went under after a DOJ debacle due to the shift from Kevlar to Zytel.

#22 ·
Pizza delivery and taxi drivers are set up for robberies all the time from phony calls.

But most do a call-back to verify teh phone and address in "bad" areas.
The robberies happen outside and are done by people who don't live at the address given.

Pizza guy was at risk walking to the door, not at the door. Poor training on his part.

#25 ·
I would have told him that if I was going to rob him I must be the dumbest robber in the world. After all I just gave him money. Robers usually take money not give it away. :twak:

#29 ·
Does the UPS guy know what he's delivering?
Yep. He's delivered cases of 7.62 X 39, 9 MM and 45 ACP. All pretty heavy. We laugh about it. I let him (the "youngster") carry it to the house, LOL.

#32 ·
When I gave him the money he kind of stepped back and said "You're not gonna rob me are you"?
Is it typical to pay your bill before you rob the guy....

#40 ·
Yeah! See that way you get your money back with interest!!!

I just had to rate this one 5 stars! Great thread!

#33 ·
I freaked out a couple of process servers once. (looking for the former resident of the house we live in) I opened the door to find a couple of guys who were wearing guns on my front porch. They looked a bit shocked and completely caught off guard.

One asked me why I had a gun on and my reply was "Why do YOU have a gun on? This is MY house and there are a couple of guys I don't know with guns standing on the front porch."

He didn't ask anymore dumb questions. Found out I wasn't the guy he was looking for (that guy had not lived there for 3 years) and then left.

#34 ·
I OC at home and in the yard doing yard work, getting the mail, bringing in the garbage cans, letting the dog out...etc.

I have "lifted the eyebrows" of many door to door salesmen. They simply turn around and head back to there car.

I live in a circle in a busy suburban community, In the summer, we get 5-7 door to door sales men a week; quite annoying. I even disconnected my door bell.

#36 ·
I have 3 sons-in-law and met each of them for the first time on the front porch while cleaning a gun of some type. The first was sort of accidental and then it has become a sort of "thing" to do. Not really an open carry, but then it sort of is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.