I think I scared the pizza man

This is a discussion on I think I scared the pizza man within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When he rung the bell, as I quite often am, I was OC. I didn't even think about it when I opened up the door ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I think I scared the pizza man

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

I think I scared the pizza man

When he rung the bell, as I quite often am, I was OC. I didn't even think about it when I opened up the door to pay him. I'm always OC at home. I took the pizzas and he looked down and saw my holstered 1911. When I gave him the money he kind of stepped back and said "You're not gonna rob me are you"?

"Um.. no, why would I"?

"Well I meant with your gun and all"

"If I was gonna rob you, it would have been out by now".

"Oh.. well have a good night"

He took the money and then left. I probably should have schooled him a bit on guns and that good guys have them too... but he didn't seem the chit chatty type so he left after that. I carry so much that I forget it's there

Have you ever scared the pizza man? Or any other delivery person like this?

2. Remove Ads

I think I spooked the temporary UPS guy the other day... but my regular UPS guy is a CC guy too. Funny story!
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

I deliver for a restaurant, and I can't believe anyone would do this as a job and not be carrying. My pf9 is always strapped to me. I hear about way to many drivers being robbed.

VIP Member
    You should've told him, it was in case he was late...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Delivery or carry-out? I'm guessing it will be carry out until a new pizza delivery man arrives. Oh well. Nothing but a thing.

Thanks for the laugh.

He took the money and then left
    Did you tip him well?

Both the UPS and Fed Ex drivers have seen me with one or more of my Glocks OC'd. They never missed a beat. Probably not uncommon out here in the sticks............

UPS has delivered cases of ammo to me too........

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Never scared the pizza guy, but one day, my shirt had gotten bunched up as I went to get the mail. My letter carrier looked and sais, "nice Kimber, I've got one just like it". She a great letter carrier and quite a nice lady. Too bad she can't carry on the job.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Pizza delivery personnel are too busy focusing on my dog going nuts to notice mine.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Yep, pizza man came in and i was sitting on the couch with two guns one on each leg, my brother answered the door and the guy dropped the pizzas still in the heat bags and left without the money. That was like 10 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    Nope, but those Jehovah Witness guys, they did not take to kindly, and they have not been back.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by justherenow View Post
    Nope, but those Jehovah Witness guys, they did not take to kindly, and they have not been back.
    I was at an old buddys house after school years ago. Being quiet as his pop, being on graveyards, was sleepin. We were on one end of the house and the door bell rings, a look of terror washed over my friends face and he raced to the dooras he knew if awoken his some what unstable pops would be upset to say the least, raced to the door. Unfortunatly, by the time we made it to the door it was open with his father standing there in his tighty whities, shoulder holster, and a 44 mag that the joker would be jealous of, and 3 horrified witnesses. i didnt hear what exactly was said but they didnt stay long. lol
    Life is a game of chance, be prepared to throw down when its time to dance. If your young, enjoy it cuz your youth is gold and never waste time every single day you grow old. written is a page in the book for you, with hard times and bad luck to see what you will do.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Thanks for the laugh.
    ^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by blar View Post
    I deliver for a restaurant, and I can't believe anyone would do this as a job and not be carrying. My pf9 is always strapped to me. I hear about way to many drivers being robbed.

^^^^^YEP^^^^ I think I would pack someting ^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by LethalStang View Post
    Yep, pizza man came in and i was sitting on the couch with two guns one on each leg, my brother answered the door and the guy dropped the pizzas still in the heat bags and left without the money. That was like 10 years ago.

^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^^^^

"If we could get everyone in the world to close their eyes and imagine world peace for an hour, think about how serene it would be until the looting started."
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post

When he rung the bell, as I quite often am, I was OC. I didn't even think about it when I opened up the door to pay him. I'm always OC at home. I took the pizzas and he looked down and saw my holstered 1911. When I gave him the money he kind of stepped back and said "You're not gonna rob me are you"?

"Um.. no, why would I"?

"Well I meant with your gun and all"

"If I was gonna rob you, it would have been out by now".

"Oh.. well have a good night"

He took the money and then left. I probably should have schooled him a bit on guns and that good guys have them too... but he didn't seem the chit chatty type so he left after that. I carry so much that I forget it's there

Have you ever scared the pizza man? Or any other delivery person like this?

If you were gonna rob him why would you do it at your own place? I was never scared like that when I delivered pizzas. There were just some places I didn't like going after dark.
    TheShadow:
    True but: Having embalming fluid in your system is gotta be worse

nice story

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links