SECOND AMENDMENT - What do you think? - Page 2

SECOND AMENDMENT - What do you think?

This is a discussion on SECOND AMENDMENT - What do you think? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; He did more harm than good. Another "in your face" example. In no way did he advance our cause. Regards, Jerry...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: SECOND AMENDMENT - What do you think?

He did more harm than good.
    Another "in your face" example. In no way did he advance our cause.

Regards,
    Jerry

We may not like it but the fact remains that losing in the court of public opinion means losing the support of the voting citizenry which, again, whether we like it or not, is important for the preservation of our rights. Clowns who run around flashing their weaponry and their tactical gear for effect may think they are exercising their rights but in fact are making us all look stupid. If they feel they are helping our cause by exercising their rights, I would appeal to them not to do so on my behalf. We should all exercise our rights but in a manner that doesn't alienate us as a bunch of mall ninjas.

Just because you can do it doesn't mean that you should do it. I've run across a lot of people OC'ing in the woods but with a side arm. The pistols they carried looked like a tool and were not out of place. If I had seen this guy in the woods, I would have been concerned. What did he hope to gain by dressing in military type garb with an AK pistol? Isn't the point of this forum to discuss conceal carry and ways to defend you and yours? It doesn't help our cause and gives ammo to those that would deny us the right to own, much less carry a weapon for our protection. No good can come of this "immature" display.

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    For some, it was not the style of weapon he carried that was the problem. He used a sling, as one would do with a rifle, and slung it over his shoulder, then on his return walk, he put it on his front. Also, he admitted that he had painted the tip of the firearm orange in order to make others, including law enforcement believe that the firearm was not real. He has posted about wanting to get a silencer for the gun and also armor penetrating bullets.

I read the above, in post from Mr. Embody. It was on opencarry.com (or is it org) website in the message boards.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by justherenow View Post
    For some, it was not the style of weapon he carried that was the problem. He used a sling, as one would do with a rifle, and slung it over his shoulder, then on his return walk, he put it on his front. Also, he admitted that he had painted the tip of the firearm orange in order to make others, including law enforcement believe that the firearm was not real. He has posted about wanting to get a silencer for the gun and also armor penetrating bullets.

I read the above, in post from Mr. Embody. It was on opencarry.com (or is it org) website in the message boards.
    It isn't illegal to carry a handgun on a sling.
    It isn't illegal to paint the tip of a firearm or any part of one.
    It isn't illegal to own, use, or sell AP if you're a private individual.
    It isn't illegal to purchase a silencer if you fill out a form 4 and are approved by ATF, and approved by your CLEO and buy it from a class III dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by kwikrnu View Post
    It isn't illegal to carry a handgun on a sling.
    It isn't illegal to paint the tip of a firearm or any part of one.
    It isn't illegal to own, use, or sell AP if you're a private individual.
    It isn't illegal to purchase a silencer if you fill out a form 4 and are approved by ATF, and approved by your CLEO and buy it from a class III dealer.
    1. Correct, but what purpose did it serve?
    2. You heard the thoughts on that on OC's website, you did it to deceive the police.
    3. What would you need it for?
    4. See above. Remember, you could not even get the shop that took your deposit to sell it to you. I am one of the money that called and thanked the owner and offered to give him some business next time I go through Nashville, even if I just buy a box of ammo.

Seeing how you came here and your going to post and not listen to reason, I will not come back to this thread. I read the 9 or 10 pages on OC site and you do not see anyone's point but your own, so I wont waste my time typing. Remember, a man can admit when he is wrong.
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

1. Correct, but what purpose did it serve?
    It is probably a bad idea to carry an AK in your hand, or even Mexican style.
    2. You heard the thoughts on that on OC's website, you did it to deceive the police.
    I did it for protection against rambo cops further I informed the ranger it was a real handgun

3. What would you need it for?
    Why does anyone NEED hollow points?
    4. See above. Remember, you could not even get the shop that took your deposit to sell it to you. I am one of the money that called and thanked the owner and offered to give him some business next time I go through Nashville, even if I just buy a box of ammo.
    The merchant took my money and agreed to sell it to me, we have a contract. I filled out my portion of the form 4 while at his shop. He called and said I had broken the law and used that as an excuse not to complete his part of the contract.

Seeing how you came here and your going to post and not listen to reason, I will not come back to this thread. I read the 9 or 10 pages on OC site and you do not see anyone's point but your own, so I wont waste my time typing. Remember, a man can admit when he is wrong.
    I'm not wrong and have not broken any law.
    Last edited by Bumper; December 29th, 2009 at 02:54 AM. Reason: There is no red....

I think the issue is the appearance of a single person who fits a certain stereotype of "gun-nuts". This man did nothing illegal. This man simply exercised his rights under the law. It may not have been the best publicity, and we certainly need to present a positive image if we are to sway public opinion in our favor, but I can't really criticize him for doing something completely within the law. We may have other issues with this person's opinions and actions, but this particular incident is a non-issue, blown out of proportion by a sheep and echoed across the flock by the mindless media.

Personally, I have a vision of 100,000 gun owners in khaki slacks and button-up shirts, business suits and skirts marching peacefully with muzzle-loaders down the streets of D.C. out of protest against the infringement on our rights. That might get the point across better. I'd love to see them try to arrest that many people for what is clearly protected by the Constitution even within the narrow interpretations of most gun-banners. Just my $.02

Semper Fi
    NRA Certified Instructor (6 years)
    Former LEO/DOD Contractor
    Active Duty Marine (Martial Arts Instructor)
    Glock 17, Kel-Tec P-11, S&W Model 60, various rifles

What some people, like spoiled silly stupid idiot children, will do to get a few minutes or column inches of fame with their picture and name; knowing that they will be used as poster people for gun haters and pet media people who dislike people who own and use and have fun with guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    What some people, like spoiled silly stupid idiot children, will do to get a few minutes or column inches of fame with their picture and name; knowing that they will be used as poster people for gun haters and pet media people who dislike people who own and use and have fun with guns.
    +1

Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

The weapon being discussed.
    Attached Images
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    My picture and name and address and telephone were "released" to the media by "Second Amendment supporters" and posted on pro gun websites. I have been threatened by "Second Amendment supporters" on pro gun websites. I haven't done any interviews if I were looking for press don't you think I would have done so?

For everyone who was mad at the orange tip I removed the orange paint at the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by justherenow View Post
    +1

I like your sig line, how ironic.

all this drama for someone who was open carrying an ugly pistol?

i, personally, would not have done what he did. not because it was controversial, or questionable, but because i think pistols based on rifles, like AR style pistols, are guns in search of a niche, and are as dumb looking as Tec 9s. not only that, but the physical act of carrying one is just a big pain in the awkward part. i like to be able to holster my weapon, not have to tote it around like a purse.

still, my hat is off to this guy. it took some guts, because he had to know he'd be given a hard time for it. so some sheep got scared? if it wasn't the gun, it would have been a knife, or his ethnicity.

i'm saddened by some of the responses i'm reading here.

Quote Originally Posted by HardCorps79 View Post
    Personally, I have a vision of 100,000 gun owners in khaki slacks and button-up shirts, business suits and skirts marching peacefully with muzzle-loaders down the streets of D.C. out of protest against the infringement on our rights. Semper Fi
    Sounds like fun. Let's pick a day with nice weather

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links