SECOND AMENDMENT - What do you think?

This is a discussion on SECOND AMENDMENT - What do you think? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Cold Warrior What some people, like spoiled silly stupid idiot children, will do to get a few minutes or column inches of ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SECOND AMENDMENT - What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    What some people, like spoiled silly stupid idiot children, will do to get a few minutes or column inches of fame with their picture and name; knowing that they will be used as poster people for gun haters and pet media people who dislike people who own and use and have fun with guns.
    Yeah...they are almost as bad as the cowards who cater to the fears of the antis by castigating anyone who steps outside the norm in the hopes that their choice of weapon will be left alone.

What we need is a commission to determine what weapons are acceptable to be carried in public.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by justherenow View Post
    Yes...a veritable textbook of hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    all this drama for someone who was open carrying an ugly pistol?

i, personally, would not have done what he did. not because it was controversial, or questionable, but because i think pistols based on rifles, like AR style pistols, are guns in search of a niche, and are as dumb looking as Tec 9s. not only that, but the physical act of carrying one is just a big pain in the awkward part. i like to be able to holster my weapon, not have to tote it around like a purse.

still, my hat is off to this guy. it took some guts, because he had to know he'd be given a hard time for it. so some sheep got scared? if it wasn't the gun, it would have been a knife, or his ethnicity.

i'm saddened by some of the responses i'm reading here.
    Yep, I do not agree with what he did. And the firearm is not one I would choose. If I ran into him in the woods I would be haapy I am carrying....wait isn't that stereotyping.... oops sorry.

Like Patrick Henry said, I do not agree with what you are saying, but I will fight and die for your right to say it.

Again I do not agree, but I do love the constitution so ......
    Led By Love Of Country

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post

still, my hat is off to this guy. it took some guts, because he had to know he'd be given a hard time for it. so some sheep got scared? if it wasn't the gun, it would have been a knife, or his ethnicity.

i'm saddened by some of the responses i'm reading here.
    I don't think it took guts. The guy wanted attention and he got what he wanted. Look, his little show may have all been perfectly legal, making him technically within his rights. That doesn't make his actions any less stupid or any less detrimental to our causes. I personally can't bring myself to applaud stupidity that is counter productive to our cause even if it is legal.

i dont care that he carried an AK47 pistol....or the fact it was on a sling im concerned it even made the news and he was laid int he dirt for 2 1.2 hours....
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Gun owners - If a gun owner carries his choice of weapon legally, you should support him even if you would choose not to do the same.

The gun owners that wonít support other gun owners that arenít breaking any laws while exercising their 2nd Amendment rights are HALF/SHEEP.

Some of you HALF/SHEEP need to decide if you support the 2nd Amendment or not.

If the 2nd Amendment is to be upheld gun owners need to unite!

Your right was already lost if you wonít legally carry for fear of what the sheep will do.

As long as kwikrnu is not breaking any laws Iím 100% in support of him.

Either the sheep win or the 2nd Amendment will win.

PRO-SECOND AMENDMENT - Live Free or Die

here is my honest opnion. I think I have posted this on the site in another location.

I have read the 2nd amendment.
    I did not read where it does not apply to only those with a permit.
    I did not read where it does not apply to some states.
    I did not read where it does not apply if your in a church.
    I did not read where it does not apply if your in a school.
    I did not read where it does not apply if your near children.

I also did not see a provision where you can only carry if your over 21.

I do think that it should be enforced exactly as it reads.
    along with the other amendments.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Quote. "still, my hat is off to this guy. it took some guts, because he had to know he'd be given a hard time for it. so some sheep got scared? if it wasn't the gun, it would have been a knife, or his ethnicity." End Quote

Not guts, just stupidity.
    There is no way I can support such a dumb act.

tbrenke,
    You might want to be a test case in some of those "I did not read where it does not apply.." situations.
    I did not read that it trumps what a church decides either.

Regards,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by B94 View Post
    Gun owners - If a gun owner carries his choice of weapon legally, you should support him even if you would choose not to do the same.

The gun owners that wonít support other gun owners that arenít breaking any laws while exercising their 2nd Amendment rights are HALF/SHEEP.

If the 2nd Amendment is to be upheld gun owners need to unite!

Your right was already lost if you wonít legally carry for fear of what the sheep will do.

As long as kwikrnu is not breaking any laws Iím 100% in support of him.

Either the sheep win or the 2nd Amendment will win.

PRO-SECOND AMENDMENT - Live Free or Die
    If you advocate blindly following blind stupidity I have to ask; Who is the sheep here? 2nd Amendment victories are not won by clowns making spectacles of themselves. That only impedes or reverses gains made by real advocates of the RKBA.

I have carried guns and supported the 2nd Amendment for over 40 years B94. How about you?

Angry

To those who said that he was immature or stupid or some other derogatory comment, In your hour of need I will say "Sir I do not know you go away from my door"!

You have all admitted he was exercising his rights. You have all admitted he was not asking or begging for approval.

I say get up off your knees and stand for what you believe in.

I do not like the weapon he chose to carry. I think it is awkward and hard to handle, but I have his back to all of you!
    The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

Quote Originally Posted by charliej47 View Post
    To those who said that he was immature or stupid or some other derogatory comment, In your hour of need I will say "Sir I do not know you go away from my door"!

You have all admitted he was exercising his rights. You have all admitted he was not asking or begging for approval.

I say get up off your knees and stand for what you believe in.

I do not like the weapon he chose to carry. I think it is awkward and hard to handle, but I have his back to all of you!
    Well Charlie, when attention seekers like this guy become visible enough to have an impact on how American gun laws are enacted please let us know how that works out for you. You see guys like this are doing nothing more than playing into the hands of the likes of the Bloombergs and the Bradys. Itís a misguided loyalty that would support them in their childish spectacles. As for me, Iíll support anyone who genuinely promotes gun ownership and the RKBA but I canít get behind attention seeking fools who really couldnít care less that they might be doing sabotage to our cause.

In your hour of need I will say "Sir I do not know you go away from my door"!]

I can live with that.
    I just don't follow those who do dumb things.

"I say get up off your knees and stand for what you believe in."

What do you think we are doing? We are not worried about going with the flow if it is counterproductive.

Regards,
    Jerry

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Well Charlie, when attention seekers like this guy become visible enough to have an impact on how American gun laws are enacted please let us know how that works out for you. You see guys like this are doing nothing more than playing into the hands of the likes of the Bloombergs and the Bradys. It’s a misguided loyalty that would support them in their childish spectacles. As for me, I’ll support anyone who genuinely promotes gun ownership and the RKBA but I can’t get behind attention seeking fools who really couldn’t care less that they might be doing sabotage to our cause.
    I agree with wmhawth. Like it or not people paint with broad brushes. Kwik becomes the scary poster child for the anti's. HIS is the image they will paint us all with. Legal does not = the right thing to do.

Further, I believe kwik is just seeking attention anyway. As I understand it, he's been banned from many other forums. Look how quick he joined here after a thread was started about him. Obviously he planted a seed and then started searching the net to see how it grew.

Any of you who disagree, that's fine. But Don't get angry because some of prefer to cast a gentler image while trying to influence the sheep.
    Last edited by Arko; December 29th, 2009 at 01:38 PM. Reason: spellin'
    "Don't Tread on Me"

One thing that we need to be cautious of on forums such as this is a herd mentality.
    We are here because we have some common interests in shooting and 2A rights. It is too easy to think that each of us must think like all the rest regarding 2A.
    But that may be counterproductive in some cases, such as the incident that caused this thread.

The fact that I do not desire to demonstrate my 2A rights with an "in your face" attitude does not mean that I am less supportive of 2nd rights.
    Some seem to show disdain for those who do not want to carry for whatever reason, and for those who are disturbed by OC. But never forget that those folks have a vote also, and while the Supreme Court has ruled that we have individual rights to own and carry guns, there can be laws passed that restrict our actions, and even if overturned may take many years, and a lot of dollars.
    In addition some who are referred to as sheep or sheeple are combat vets of wars and LE including the Border Patrol, and have seen more combat and participated in more gunfights than most here will ever get close to. Whatever they are, they are not sheep.

So my own view is that although I support our 2A rights, I prefer to cause the least animosity and fear that is reasonably possible while defending those rights and exercising my rights of self defense.

You may disagree, and that is fine, but to think we are on our knees and willing to be enslaved because we do not agree with some here is nonsense.

Regards,
    Jerry

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links