Security Guard tries to take pistol from OC'er.

This is a discussion on Security Guard tries to take pistol from OC'er. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Who is this person? Can you even see a badge from his body position and yours? Is he really a security guard? Could his uniform ...

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 246

Thread: Security Guard tries to take pistol from OC'er.

  1. #151
    Member Array AlphaMale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    16
    Who is this person? Can you even see a badge from his body position and yours? Is he really a security guard? Could his uniform be fake? Why didn't he give a verbal warning to "STOP"? What are his intentions, if he succeeds in disarming you? Does he know how to handle your firearm safely?
    What would you do?
    Good question, what SHOULD you do if you are aware of a security guard or an unknown person is following you. ( Mathar1 admits he knew the person following him was a security guard).

    What I would do, regardless of who it was would be to turn and confront the person following me. Who in their right mind is so tactically inept they would allow someone to tail them unchallenged?

    I would turn and ask, "Is there a problem?" or "do you want something? then they could explain to me why they were following me.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #152
    Member Array Phantoms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    381
    I live in Savannah and have heard nothing of it. I have suspected this
    story as being false from the get-go. Such a story would definetly
    have ended up on record or in a newspaper somewhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMale View Post
    Ran across this while hunting for more info on this incident.Ran across this while hunting for more info on this incident.

    Well, here is the response I got from Josh Rayburn from the Savannah newspaper:

    We haven’t been able to find out anything to prove it’s real.

    Josh Rayburn
    Metro Editor
    Savannah Morning News
    912-652-0414
    josh.rayburn@savannahnow.com
    savannahnow.com | Savannah Morning News

    I e-mailed him the various links and gave him and the team of reporters that he supervises the chance to run this story down. Savannah is the hometown of the poster that claimed he knocked the guard silly that tried to take his gun. Since Savannah is a town of only 132,000 folks, chances are if this happened in or around there, one of the many sources that a newspaper would have (police, courts, public records, etc, etc.) would have something.

  4. #153
    Member Array AlphaMale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    16
    I saw a pic of this guy that he had posted. I was immediately struck by the fact that he was a dead ringer for a guy I had worked with. We had nick named the guy "war Hero" since he claimed to be a Vietnam Vet and told story after story of his adventures "in country" on top secret missions.

    We finally pulled his personnel file and found that indeed he had been enlisted during the Vietnam war. But his MOS was "Clerk typist". When we confronted him with this he switched gears and started telling stories about how he was the designated person that if the commies overran the base he was to stay behind to detonate the thermite bombs on the safe containing the top secret documents.

    Then he started telling stories about how after he left the military he worked as a courier for a secret organization housed in the basement of the White House. In one of his adventures he claimed that while on a top secret run returning to the White House he and his partner drove into a riot in progress. They jumped out of their vehicle with thier "Tommy Guns" and the rioters suddenly stopped. One rioter yelled, "who are you guys?" They replied, "we are top secret couriers!!!"

    The guy that challenged them told the rest of the rioters, "Let them thru! they are couriers!"

  5. #154
    VIP Member Array Majorlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Naugatuck, CT
    Posts
    2,406
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMale View Post
    I saw a pic of this guy that he had posted. I was immediately struck by the fact that he was a dead ringer for a guy I had worked with. We had nick named the guy "war Hero" since he claimed to be a Vietnam Vet and told story after story of his adventures "in country" on top secret missions.

    We finally pulled his personnel file and found that indeed he had been enlisted during the Vietnam war. But his MOS was "Clerk typist". When we confronted him with this he switched gears and started telling stories about how he was the designated person that if the commies overran the base he was to stay behind to detonate the thermite bombs on the safe containing the top secret documents.

    Then he started telling stories about how after he left the military he worked as a courier for a secret organization housed in the basement of the White House. In one of his adventures he claimed that while on a top secret run returning to the White House he and his partner drove into a riot in progress. They jumped out of their vehicle with thier "Tommy Guns" and the rioters suddenly stopped. One rioter yelled, "who are you guys?" They replied, "we are top secret couriers!!!"

    The guy that challenged them told the rest of the rioters, "Let them thru! they are couriers!"
    Thanks for the best laugh I have had this year.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

  6. #155
    Member Array HardCorps79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    156
    From what I've seen on GlockTalk, GPDO, and OpenCarry, I'm gonna go ahead and raise the white flag. Until I see a video or a police report, I'm gonna label it B.S. I think I've been more than generous.
    NRA Certified Instructor (6 years)
    Former LEO/DOD Contractor
    Active Duty Marine (Martial Arts Instructor)
    Glock 17, Kel-Tec P-11, S&W Model 60, various rifles

  7. #156
    VIP Member Array mcp1810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,961
    There is more evidence out that raises even more questions about the story and it's source, but I don't know if it is really necessary to bring it all up.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

  8. #157
    Member Array mel5051's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Commerce Township, Michigan
    Posts
    168
    Now this is funny, I was just sitting here listening to the Oakland County Sheriff here in Michigan on the scanner, when, to my amazement what did I hear?

    The Loss Prevention at the Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #2618. 3301 Pontiac Trail Road. Commerce, MI 48382 has a man in custody. Subject was carrying a firearm and does have a CCW. Loss Prevention has DISARMED the subject and is HOLDING him.

    Still waiting to see if anything else comes over the air

    Mel
    Walther P99 AS full size 9mm
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

    NRA
    Michigan Sheriff's Association
    “The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall

  9. #158
    VIP Member Array mcp1810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,961
    Mel5051 did you happen to catch the call type?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

  10. #159
    Member Array mel5051's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Commerce Township, Michigan
    Posts
    168
    Loss Prevention holding a man that had a gun, valid ccw, and has been disarmed. Subject cooperating.

    No mention of 'retail fraud' like they do when its a shop lifter

    Supervisor 'updated call' and just cleared.

    I believe all cars have cleared. None stated 'transporting to Oakland Cty Jail'
    Last edited by JD; January 10th, 2010 at 10:17 PM. Reason: merged posts
    Walther P99 AS full size 9mm
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

    NRA
    Michigan Sheriff's Association
    “The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall

  11. #160
    Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,954
    Quote Originally Posted by mel5051 View Post
    Now this is funny, I was just sitting here listening to the Oakland County Sheriff here in Michigan on the scanner, when, to my amazement what did I hear?

    The Loss Prevention at the Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #2618. 3301 Pontiac Trail Road. Commerce, MI 48382 has a man in custody. Subject was carrying a firearm and does have a CCW. Loss Prevention has DISARMED the subject and is HOLDING him.

    Still waiting to see if anything else comes over the air

    Mel
    Nope not me, wrong side of the Metro area and the disarmed thing would be all wrong too
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

  12. #161
    New Member Array theiceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    minnesota
    Posts
    3
    this is the second long posting i have read, where it was found the OP was full of horse poop.
    The other was the ccw officer.

    Do people like to come in here an tell stories that ain't true?

    Tell me it ain't so.


    FNG from Minnesota

  13. #162
    Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ky.
    Posts
    1,890
    It ain't so.
    I told you.

  14. #163
    VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Franklin, VA
    Posts
    5,134
    Quote Originally Posted by mel5051 View Post
    Loss Prevention holding a man that had a gun, valid ccw, and has been disarmed. Subject cooperating.

    No mention of 'retail fraud' like they do when its a shop lifter

    Supervisor 'updated call' and just cleared.

    I believe all cars have cleared. None stated 'transporting to Oakland Cty Jail'
    I would LOVE to read that report!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

    Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

  15. #164
    Member Array xoolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    IDAHO
    Posts
    172
    this one time at band camp............

  16. #165
    Member Array spooter66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by xoolo View Post
    this one time at band camp............
    Please tell me it involved a flute!
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill


Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Security Guard NOT a Gun Guy
    By jofrdo in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: July 16th, 2009, 04:31 PM
  2. Security Guard 1: Perp 0
    By DaveH in forum In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: February 12th, 2009, 07:27 PM
  3. Security Guard Shooting
    By Fmr18z in forum In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: July 10th, 2008, 05:21 PM
  4. Detained by security guard
    By GoodSamaritan in forum Carry & Defensive Scenarios
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: May 26th, 2007, 12:17 AM
  5. "IN"security? Unarmed security guard killed
    By paramedic70002 in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: October 21st, 2006, 11:18 PM

Search tags for this page

best handgun for security guard
,

best pistol for security guard

,
er security officer
,
florida boy killed by security guard
,
good pistol for security guard
,

marthar1 security guard

,
mathar1 lawsuit
,
open carry security guard
,
security guard open carry
,
security guard tried to
,

security guard tries to disarm man

,

security guard tries to disarm man in walmart

Click on a term to search for related topics.