Security Guard tries to take pistol from OC'er.

This is a discussion on Security Guard tries to take pistol from OC'er. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Who is this person? Can you even see a badge from his body position and yours? Is he really a security guard? Could his uniform ...

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Security Guard tries to take pistol from OC'er.

Who is this person? Can you even see a badge from his body position and yours? Is he really a security guard? Could his uniform be fake? Why didn't he give a verbal warning to "STOP"? What are his intentions, if he succeeds in disarming you? Does he know how to handle your firearm safely?
    What would you do?
    Good question, what SHOULD you do if you are aware of a security guard or an unknown person is following you. ( Mathar1 admits he knew the person following him was a security guard).

What I would do, regardless of who it was would be to turn and confront the person following me. Who in their right mind is so tactically inept they would allow someone to tail them unchallenged?

I would turn and ask, "Is there a problem?" or "do you want something? then they could explain to me why they were following me.

2. Remove Ads

I live in Savannah and have heard nothing of it. I have suspected this
    story as being false from the get-go. Such a story would definetly
    have ended up on record or in a newspaper somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMale View Post
    Ran across this while hunting for more info on this incident.Ran across this while hunting for more info on this incident.

Well, here is the response I got from Josh Rayburn from the Savannah newspaper:

We haven’t been able to find out anything to prove it’s real.

Josh Rayburn
    Metro Editor
    Savannah Morning News
    912-652-0414
    josh.rayburn@savannahnow.com
    savannahnow.com | Savannah Morning News

I e-mailed him the various links and gave him and the team of reporters that he supervises the chance to run this story down. Savannah is the hometown of the poster that claimed he knocked the guard silly that tried to take his gun. Since Savannah is a town of only 132,000 folks, chances are if this happened in or around there, one of the many sources that a newspaper would have (police, courts, public records, etc, etc.) would have something.

I saw a pic of this guy that he had posted. I was immediately struck by the fact that he was a dead ringer for a guy I had worked with. We had nick named the guy "war Hero" since he claimed to be a Vietnam Vet and told story after story of his adventures "in country" on top secret missions.

We finally pulled his personnel file and found that indeed he had been enlisted during the Vietnam war. But his MOS was "Clerk typist". When we confronted him with this he switched gears and started telling stories about how he was the designated person that if the commies overran the base he was to stay behind to detonate the thermite bombs on the safe containing the top secret documents.

Then he started telling stories about how after he left the military he worked as a courier for a secret organization housed in the basement of the White House. In one of his adventures he claimed that while on a top secret run returning to the White House he and his partner drove into a riot in progress. They jumped out of their vehicle with thier "Tommy Guns" and the rioters suddenly stopped. One rioter yelled, "who are you guys?" They replied, "we are top secret couriers!!!"

The guy that challenged them told the rest of the rioters, "Let them thru! they are couriers!"

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMale View Post
    I saw a pic of this guy that he had posted. I was immediately struck by the fact that he was a dead ringer for a guy I had worked with. We had nick named the guy "war Hero" since he claimed to be a Vietnam Vet and told story after story of his adventures "in country" on top secret missions.

We finally pulled his personnel file and found that indeed he had been enlisted during the Vietnam war. But his MOS was "Clerk typist". When we confronted him with this he switched gears and started telling stories about how he was the designated person that if the commies overran the base he was to stay behind to detonate the thermite bombs on the safe containing the top secret documents.

Then he started telling stories about how after he left the military he worked as a courier for a secret organization housed in the basement of the White House. In one of his adventures he claimed that while on a top secret run returning to the White House he and his partner drove into a riot in progress. They jumped out of their vehicle with thier "Tommy Guns" and the rioters suddenly stopped. One rioter yelled, "who are you guys?" They replied, "we are top secret couriers!!!"

The guy that challenged them told the rest of the rioters, "Let them thru! they are couriers!"
    Thanks for the best laugh I have had this year.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

From what I've seen on GlockTalk, GPDO, and OpenCarry, I'm gonna go ahead and raise the white flag. Until I see a video or a police report, I'm gonna label it B.S. I think I've been more than generous.
    NRA Certified Instructor (6 years)
    Former LEO/DOD Contractor
    Active Duty Marine (Martial Arts Instructor)
    Glock 17, Kel-Tec P-11, S&W Model 60, various rifles

There is more evidence out that raises even more questions about the story and it's source, but I don't know if it is really necessary to bring it all up.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Now this is funny, I was just sitting here listening to the Oakland County Sheriff here in Michigan on the scanner, when, to my amazement what did I hear?

The Loss Prevention at the Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #2618. 3301 Pontiac Trail Road. Commerce, MI 48382 has a man in custody. Subject was carrying a firearm and does have a CCW. Loss Prevention has DISARMED the subject and is HOLDING him.

Still waiting to see if anything else comes over the air

Mel
    Walther P99 AS full size 9mm
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

NRA
    Michigan Sheriff's Association
    “The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall

Mel5051 did you happen to catch the call type?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Loss Prevention holding a man that had a gun, valid ccw, and has been disarmed. Subject cooperating.

No mention of 'retail fraud' like they do when its a shop lifter

Supervisor 'updated call' and just cleared.

I believe all cars have cleared. None stated 'transporting to Oakland Cty Jail'
    Last edited by JD; January 10th, 2010 at 10:17 PM. Reason: merged posts
    Walther P99 AS full size 9mm
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

NRA
    Michigan Sheriff's Association
    “The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mel5051 View Post
    Now this is funny, I was just sitting here listening to the Oakland County Sheriff here in Michigan on the scanner, when, to my amazement what did I hear?

The Loss Prevention at the Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #2618. 3301 Pontiac Trail Road. Commerce, MI 48382 has a man in custody. Subject was carrying a firearm and does have a CCW. Loss Prevention has DISARMED the subject and is HOLDING him.

Still waiting to see if anything else comes over the air

Mel
    Nope not me, wrong side of the Metro area and the disarmed thing would be all wrong too
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

this is the second long posting i have read, where it was found the OP was full of horse poop.
    The other was the ccw officer.

Do people like to come in here an tell stories that ain't true?

Tell me it ain't so.

FNG from Minnesota

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    It ain't so.
    I told you.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mel5051 View Post
    Loss Prevention holding a man that had a gun, valid ccw, and has been disarmed. Subject cooperating.

No mention of 'retail fraud' like they do when its a shop lifter

Supervisor 'updated call' and just cleared.

I believe all cars have cleared. None stated 'transporting to Oakland Cty Jail'
    I would LOVE to read that report!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

this one time at band camp............

Quote Originally Posted by xoolo View Post
    this one time at band camp............
    Please tell me it involved a flute!
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Links