Security Guard tries to take pistol from OC'er. - Page 12

Security Guard tries to take pistol from OC'er.

This is a discussion on Security Guard tries to take pistol from OC'er. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by spooter66 Please tell me it involved a flute! well yes it did, I had 11 no wait 14 guards running after me ...

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Security Guard tries to take pistol from OC'er.

Quote Originally Posted by spooter66 View Post
    Please tell me it involved a flute!
    well yes it did, I had 11 no wait 14 guards running after me and I was able to subdue them all with my flute and a nickle, when my black out ended all I had was a quarter and petrol jelly in my hand... hmmm good thing all my training took over,

Quote Originally Posted by mel5051 View Post
    Loss Prevention holding a man that had a gun, valid ccw, and has been disarmed. Subject cooperating.

No mention of 'retail fraud' like they do when its a shop lifter

Supervisor 'updated call' and just cleared.

I believe all cars have cleared. None stated 'transporting to Oakland Cty Jail'

Hey any more on that call? I work just a mile or so from there. I am wondering if this was a harassment of an OC'er or totally unrelated. Seems like Wally World has been trying to send a message to gun owners.

Hmmmm...
    Protecting my family, until the U.N. takes that right away from us

Quote Originally Posted by coderdude View Post
    Hey any more on that call? I work just a mile or so from there. I am wondering if this was a harassment of an OC'er or totally unrelated. Seems like Wally World has been trying to send a message to gun owners.

Hmmmm...
    Totally unsupported by facts. WM, by national corporate policy, allows whatever carry in their stores that the particular state statutes allow. This forum is full of cases where store managers were "re-educated" and carriers apologized to by WM.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    Totally unsupported by facts. WM, by national corporate policy, allows whatever carry in their stores that the particular state statutes allow. This forum is full of cases where store managers were "re-educated" and carriers apologized to by WM.
    Thanks. I hope that is case. Been afraid to OC there because was seeing mixed messages.
    Protecting my family, until the U.N. takes that right away from us

Quote Originally Posted by TerriLi View Post
    Gecko45 is a internet legend, he is the "Ultimate Mallninja".
    Does Gecko45 still post? Does anyone belive that Marthar1 is Gecko45?

Quote Originally Posted by coderdude View Post
    Thanks. I hope that is case. Been afraid to OC there because was seeing mixed messages.
    It's the case, all right. Just spend enough time reading past threads and you'll see for yourself.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Well I'm just about to set out to that Wal-Mart. I'll be concealed considering its damn cold out there. No chance my down coat is going to 'print' or 'bulge' so if they have Magnatometers, which I doubt they have, they will be no chance that they will know I'm armed.
    I will also check before entering for any 'gun's not permitted' signs on the entry door.

I checked with my son, his brother in law was Sam's Club Loss Prevention and there is no way they would have been allowed to stop, detain, or disarm someone unless there was a 'retail fraud' in which case they can detain for the LEO's but they can not forcibly dis-arm a lawfully carrying citizen.

Mel
    ADDENDUM: No posted signs, normal loss prevention magnetometer at entrances and exits, no issues at all. My coat was on however.
    Last edited by mel5051; January 13th, 2010 at 03:09 PM.
    Walther P99 AS full size 9mm
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

NRA
    Michigan Sheriff's Association
    “The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall

This is my first post here, so I would like to say hello at the same time. - I am an armed guard and CCW holder out in California. I take my job seriously, while at the same time having no desire to be seen as a "Mall Cop," or wanna be cop. I have taken all the training available to me including firearms, baton, chemical weapons and stun gun. I'm also an NR-EMT and Woofer. - My first thought to this incident is what the hell happened to "observe and report." THIS is what a guards primary job is. We are NOT cops. We have not been trained as such. This guard is just another example of the ones that make me cringe, and that embarrass me.

As for me....IF the OC guy had made my antenna go up for a good reason, I would do as I was trained...observe and report. I would then discreetly watch from a distance, while praying to the powers that be, that I will not be forced to do anything. And this is assuming the OC did anything to warrant any extra attention. Having a gun on his hip would not be enough in my mind.....more guns...less crime.

VIP Member
    Welcome. I like your thinking

So, has this incident been determined to be legitimate?
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

My question too.....has this been resolved (the validity of the reported event)
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

VIP Member
    IF this story is true.....the guard is lucky he is still breathing

what an idiot
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu711 View Post
    This security guard was an idiot! One thing you NEVER do is attempt to touch anybody whatsover for any reason. This includes anything on their person whatsoever! Any security guard that wants to be a hero and assume that he can disarm a person who is OC'ing needs retraining.

If someone attempted to disarm me this way he/she would get the same results. This security guard forgot the first rule of working security. You are NOT a police officer and have no right to disarm ANYBODY. As a security guard you are no more than a "private citizen" wearing a uniform. No more, no less! This security guard deserved everything that happened to him.

I've worked as both an armed & unarmed security officer. I've been trained to first approach any individual and speak with the person before attempting something as bold as trying to remove a firearm from a person without their consent. This security officer was very poorly trained in the way he dealt with someone who was OC'ing.

I have NO sympathy for this idiot whatsever! Hopefully he will learn something from this incident.
    I'm confused, as a security guard, do you or do you not do this? I can't tell from your post

Absolutely not. Even if it was a police officer, and even if the guy was carrying illegally, it still would have been a stupid move to try disarming him in this manner.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

looks like this guy was some kind of security person with military training, and guard is lucky to be alive

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Links