Security Guard tries to take pistol from OC'er.

This is a discussion on Security Guard tries to take pistol from OC'er. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's funny the OP is still active on DC but has not stepped up to give us an update....

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Security Guard tries to take pistol from OC'er.

It's funny the OP is still active on DC but has not stepped up to give us an update.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by san antone rr View Post
    It's funny the OP is still active on DC but has not stepped up to give us an update.
    I'd say it's fairly safe to say that his lawyer told him to put a muzzle on it till all is said and done. Like my dad always says, loose lips sink ships and people love to talk.

I wonder, was the security officer armed? Most of them have little, if any, training. Some or most OC citizens might have shot him. I would if someone tried to take my pistol. Your life is in danger if someone attempts to take your firearm. You must assume they intend on using it against you. They recently passed OC in Topeka, KS. I do not like OC unless they have the same training, range time, and background check as concealed carry permit holders do. OC scares people.
    Last edited by KSDeputy; June 23rd, 2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Forgot something

Quote Originally Posted by KSDeputy View Post
    I wonder, was the security officer armed? Most of them have little, if any, training. Some or most OC citizens might have shot him. I would if someone tried to take my pistol. Your life is in danger if someone attempts to take your firearm. You must assume they intend on using it against you.
    Im not sure Id immediately make that conclusion when the person attempting to disarm me is a uniformed security guard. Id likely be seeing dollar signs connected W/ the law suit Im about to file

Quote Originally Posted by KSDeputy View Post
    They recently passed OC in Topeka, KS. I do not like OC unless they have the same training, range time, and background check as concealed carry permit holders do. OC scares people.
    This is not a place to debate the virtues of open vs concealed carry.
    Taking the argument out of the OC v CC framework I shouldnt have to pass a background check to exercise an enumerated right. The idea that only people that the State deems worthy to carry a fire arm flies in the face of the intent of the 2nd amendment.

Security Guard tries to take pistol from OC'er.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Taking the argument out of the OC v CC framework I shouldn’t have to pass a background check to exercise an enumerated right. The idea that only people that the State deems worthy to carry a fire arm flies in the face of the intent of the 2nd amendment.
    Agreed
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I the guard did that to a cop he'd either be dead or facing a 10 year sentence. He got off mighty light. I think the citizen would have been within his rights to kill the guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronny View Post
    I the guard did that to a cop he'd either be dead or facing a 10 year sentence. He got off mighty light. I think the citizen would have been within his rights to kill the guard.
    I'm not sure about that....you need to check the laws for use of lethal force.

But, not to derail this thread....you don't need a lawyer's approval to release time, date, place, and responding agency for an open records request....I smell shenanigans.

You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
    a guy on a local forum was at a big box retail store when a security guard decided he was gonna disarm him sneakily....

GeorgiaPacking.org: Well it happened
    I love it! Some redneck "security guard", because he has some "out of a cereal box" badge and a bad fitting blue uniform, thinking he's a LEO. I hope he got hurt REAL badly with all those punches. He should be VERY grateful he's even still alive.

The store should be sued, just as an offensive tactic. This is in case the idiot tries to sue for excessive violence being used against him. (Not saying it's wrong, just saying he may try to ploy)

Everytime I go into a store and see a rent-a- idiot, I laugh. Hell, most of them wouldn't know what to do in an emergency at all. I think it's a waste of store money, which raises there prices to their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    I love it! Some redneck "security guard", because he has some "out of a cereal box" badge and a bad fitting blue uniform, thinking he's a LEO. I hope he got hurt REAL badly with all those punches. He should be VERY grateful he's even still alive.

The store should be sued, just as an offensive tactic. This is in case the idiot tries to sue for excessive violence being used against him. (Not saying it's wrong, just saying he may try to ploy)

Everytime I go into a store and see a rent-a- idiot, I laugh. Hell, most of them wouldn't know what to do in an emergency at all. I think it's a waste of store money, which raises there prices to their customers.
    LOL... So let me get this right. You have a very high level of respect for security guards???
    Violence is rarely the answer, but when it is the answer, it's the ONLY answer...

Plan for the unthinkable like it's the inevitable.

I think it's a waste of store money, which raises there prices to their customers.

Actually you should be glad they are there. Having contract security on site actually gets them lower insurance rates and helps keep overhead costs down. Those savings can then either be passed on to customers through lower prices or to stock holders through higher dividends.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

This is sad, but not surprising.

I am a trainer for a large private security firm, that said, my job description is not my title. I will not speak ill of my employer but I will say that as a whole, the contract security industry has become an excuse for hire and a simple way to seemingly adjust liability costs.

I only have four types of employees, ex-mil/leo retirees (usually great), students/retirees (usually ok), wannabe LEO's (no matter how squared away, usually end up in hot water), and empty suits (a mix bag of people wanting to get paid for little or no work).

Most employees of the company I work for are not capable of performing the basic tasks I ask of them in training and as such, I would not trust them to go hands on at any point in time whether justified or not. As such, I stress state law and case law which clearly states that licensed security guards are NOT LEO, regardless of previous employment or training. A common theme coming from me is "your best weapon is some fast feet".

At one point I thought the job would be great. Having LEO experience and some training I thought I could do some good and make a positive impression for the employees. Now...not so much. Maybe I'm jaded.

Ummm....you are clear that this "incident" probably didn't happen, right? The OP is active on DC. He just posted yesterday. But no update on this "incident." He won't say which police agency was involved for an open records request. Not a peep. Hmmmm.....

I'm also calling shenanigans.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

The OP stated that he was reposting it from another forum he may not have any more information to update us with.

....and the other forum is silent on the issue...because at least one member from here cross posted over there looking for additional information and got flamed for questioning the veracity of the story by asking simple questions. Apparently, the subject of the "attack" is a "good guy...not to be questioned"....but no one is asking about the facts of the story: date, time, PLACE, and RESPONDING AGENCY to facilitate an open records request to match the police report with what was posted online.

Otherwise, it sounds questionable....fictional, even.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    ....and the other forum is silent on the issue...because at least one member from here cross posted over there looking for additional information and got flamed for questioning the veracity of the story by asking simple questions. Apparently, the subject of the "attack" is a "good guy...not to be questioned"....but no one is asking about the facts of the story: date, time, PLACE, and RESPONDING AGENCY to facilitate an open records request to match the police report with what was posted online.

Otherwise, it sounds questionable....fictional, even.
    It smells like a "story" from the get go. I'm glad I 'm not the only one who sees through this smoke screen of no updates on the situation/ insident.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Links