Security Guard tries to take pistol from OC'er.

This is a discussion on Security Guard tries to take pistol from OC'er. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wow talk about jackpot...got to teach a good lesson to a donkeys behind and I hope he has picked out the new toys "the big ...

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Security Guard tries to take pistol from OC'er.

Wow talk about jackpot...got to teach a good lesson to a donkeys behind and I hope he has picked out the new toys "the big box store" will buy for him. The moment the guard touched him is it not considered assault? ...I think so. Assaulted by an employee of a big store I bet they want to keep it quiet.
    Led By Love Of Country

2. Remove Ads

Touching Someone

Quote Originally Posted by hengst View Post
    Wow talk about jackpot...got to teach a good lesson to a donkeys behind and I hope he has picked out the new toys "the big box store" will buy for him. The moment the guard touched him is it not considered assault? ...I think so. Assaulted by an employee of a big store I bet they want to keep it quiet.
    Whenever you touch someone without their consent is Nevada that is considered a crime of "battery." In Nevada that is an ARRESTABLE offense. One security company I worked for explained that in great detail. You can NEVER touch anyone without their consent. If you touch someone that person may decide to have you arrested for "battery."

If I were to have touched the shoplifting suspect that would have put myself, my employer as well as the store where the "alleged" shoplifting suspect in a legally questionable situation. I would have been terminated at the least.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

What the security guard is guilty of is assault and attempted theft,I would be lawyering up to sue the idiots that hired him
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    This is what happens when people attempt to overstep their authority...after all, what kind of idiot tries to disarm a peaceful citizen carrying his pistol?

Hopefully, an unemployed one.
    Wow he must have been uninformed about the OC law's.... He is lucky that he is still alive and breathing.... This might not have been so good had it been someone else.... +1 to the Self Awareness
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    The guard got what he deserved. Hope there is no fallout for the guy who decked him.

Regards,
    Jerry

As another poster said..... I do believe the guard committed assault when he grab the guy oc'ing. I myself would press charges against the store. Could be a payday in it for him.(sorry I'm greedy lol) And I also wonder If he was an armed or unarmed guard. An unarmed guard touching a gun could also be another issue.

Either way the security guard messed up and the store should be liable for his actions.
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kellyII View Post
    Well he's lucky he just suffered some Pop Nots and not any bullet holes. I just cant imagine what the security dummy was thinking.
    Thinking?
    Sure doesn't seem like he did any thinking at all. Any idiot that thinks they are going to walk up behind me and take my firearm, would immediately be suspected of possily trying to use it on me and could end up in very serious condition, or worse.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Author: mathar1 "Appreciate that chief. I'm good (he's not however...I know I broke his nose and his jaw and he couldn't stand on his leg) I am just mad as a wet hen."

Was just reading through some of the latest posts about what happened. I'm sure that security guard knows what he did was a no no now lol.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

VIP Member
    Wow... What a dumb move on the guards part. Glad the guy kept his head after he removed the threat to his weapon. Good for him!

VIP Member
    Great! Now we're going to have to change the "stupid scale" because this moron just exceeded "totally stupid"!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Good thing the security guard didn't have a gun. He would definitely be a liability to the store.

Senior Moderator
    Had the yahoo tried to do that to someone that was an off duty cop, it would have been ruled a justifiable shoot.

In lots of places, weapon retention is a justifiable shoot.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kellyII View Post
    Well he's lucky he just suffered some Pop Nots and not any bullet holes. I just cant imagine what the security dummy was thinking.
    That's why he's a security dummy. Paul Blart-Mall Cop !!

poorly or zero training

Yes, the guard should have spoken to the man. If he was worried, he should have called the cops and let them do a field interview.
    Just grabbing a person and trying to take the gun, it could have been an insane guard getting ready to go postal.

I am reminded of the armed guard in California 20 some years ago who shot and killed a woman because she was in the express lane with too many items at the grocery store. He told her to move several times and then shot her.

Whether it is a guard at the Piggly-Wiggly, or a TSA agent, a uniform does not mean qualified.
    The People Think the Constitution Protects Their Rights;
    Government See IT as an Obstacle to be Over-come.

One of my greatest areas of shame in life is that on occasion between better jobs, I have prostituted my military/LEO training out to these "security" agencies for a paycheck. I know a man's gotta do what he's gotta do to put food on the family table, but I was always horrifically embarrassed by the overwhelming majority of my co-workers.

While many security guards are former/retired military or LE, the vast majority are those who want to wear a badge and carry a gun, but can't qualify for military or civil service due to mental, moral, and/or physical deficiencies.

Some of the old vets and I used to roll our eyes. Some of these dweebs were the literal "mall ninjas" we despise in this online community. I've been following this story on the Georgiapacking site quite closely. It will be interesting and educational to all of us to see how this turns out.

If you're a praying person, please keep this man in mind in the days and weeks to come. If you're not, please send good "vibes" or whatever you believe his way. Next time it could be one of us.

Semper Fi
    NRA Certified Instructor (6 years)
    Former LEO/DOD Contractor
    Active Duty Marine (Martial Arts Instructor)
    Glock 17, Kel-Tec P-11, S&W Model 60, various rifles

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Links