Security Guard tries to take pistol from OC'er. - Page 5

Security Guard tries to take pistol from OC'er.

This is a discussion on Security Guard tries to take pistol from OC'er. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by mcp1810 Having read the entire thread on the other site I am waving the B.S. flag! Have you all read the rest ...

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Security Guard tries to take pistol from OC'er.

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Having read the entire thread on the other site I am waving the B.S. flag! Have you all read the rest of this guys posts? The more I read the less credible the guy is. Until I see something from a verifiable source I am just writing him off as the anti-Gecko45.
    I especially liked the one about his employer who requires him to carry at all times and is going to make it all go away!
    Call me cynical, but unless we are talking about a Barney and Andy department why would a Sergeant, much less the duty commander care about what is in reality a simple assault and battery case? And why would a political person as in a prosecutor make something "go away" for some private employer? Not a good career move. I wont even bother with the legal issues of the employer "requiring" his employees to armed while off the clock.
    Might be something to this. I couldn't find anything in the Savannah newspapers or police blotters about this.
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Arisin Wind View Post
    Might be something to this. I couldn't find anything in the Savannah newspapers or police blotters about this.
    Let us know if you do. I did some google searching last night but didn't see anything. I, too, am waiting for some "news" about it.

I am always a little suspicious of these kinds of posts - I call them the "Combat Handguns It Happened to me, no, really, I'm not kidding, this is true.." post. For something like this there would be a verifiable news item. We also are only getting one side of the story.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Without youtube videos, we'll never know.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    There is a big difference between whacking away at a uniformed security guard (who for all we know is also a certified peace officer working a second job --hope not for the guys sake) and taking exactly the same action on a total stranger such as another shopper who grabs for the gun. At least it will appear that way to the typical juror.

Think judge Judy. What would she likely be yelling?

"He was wearing a security guards uniform. You didn't notice that? What, are you blind? Are you some kind of idiot? So he wanted your gun to protect himself? Big deal. What were you afraid of? It was his job to do what he did. You hit this man for no good reason so hard that you knocked him out!!!! Shut up. I've heard enough. Judgment for the plaintiff."

LEO working a second job as store security should make no difference, unless he identified himself as LEO. There is no way to know if some one is LEO unless they identify themselves or are in a LEO uniform. No different than a LEO off duty.

As far as Judge Judy, she is nothing more than a loud mouthed idiot that needs to be told to shut up. If she treats people outside her courtroom the same way she does inside of it, I'm surprised someone hasn't knocked her teeth out.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    If the Security Bimbo was a LEO working a second job, I hope he would have been smart enough to handle the situation correctly.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Having read the entire thread on the other site I am waving the B.S. flag! Have you all read the rest of this guys posts? The more I read the less credible the guy is. Until I see something from a verifiable source I am just writing him off as the anti-Gecko45.
    I especially liked the one about his employer who requires him to carry at all times and is going to make it all go away!
    Call me cynical, but unless we are talking about a Barney and Andy department why would a Sergeant, much less the duty commander care about what is in reality a simple assault and battery case? And why would a political person as in a prosecutor make something "go away" for some private employer? Not a good career move. I wont even bother with the legal issues of the employer "requiring" his employees to armed while off the clock.

i dont see why it isnt believable? Matt is an ex vetran and iirc is currently employed as a body guard of sometype....and he is partially deaf so i can see why he would react this way with his training and his disability with someone sneaking up on him and trying to disarm him
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

VIP Member

re: Archer

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    LEO working a second job as store security should make no difference, unless he identified himself as LEO. There is no way to know if some one is LEO unless they identify themselves or are in a LEO uniform. No different than a LEO off duty.

As far as Judge Judy, she is nothing more than a loud mouthed idiot that needs to be told to shut up. If she treats people outside her courtroom the same way she does inside of it, I'm surprised someone hasn't knocked her teeth out.
    I don't disagree with you. I was just pointing out that not everyone will see things the way we do.

rmodel65 wrote: "Matt is an ex vetran and iirc is currently employed as a body guard of sometype....and he is partially deaf so i can see why he would react this way with his training and his disability with someone sneaking up on him and trying to disarm him"

If "Matt" is the guy being discussed in this thread post #1, he might not have heard the security guard announce he was an officer (If any such thing happened. I'm just speculating on how this could have happened with an LEO working as a security guard. Maybe Matt didn't hear him ID himself.)

Quote Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
    i dont see why it isnt believable? Matt is an ex vetran and iirc is currently employed as a body guard of sometype....and he is partially deaf so i can see why he would react this way with his training and his disability with someone sneaking up on him and trying to disarm him
    Ummmmmm....... A big part of personal security work is situational awareness right?

And you are going to hire someone with sensory deficits and trust them with your clients life? Sorry, I am not. The employer would have to disclose his disability to any client that he was going to work for. Why would anybody in their right mind hire him for that kind of work?

And lets not forget, in his original post he said he knew the guy was there. There was no "sneaking up on him".

So tell me, have you checked his references? What do you know about him from independant sources as in verifiable employment history, military record, anything other than what is on an internet forum?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Where is our resident MitchellCT when we need him. We need his free legal opinion of how this plays out. Assuming the facts as currently presented are true my prediction, assuming the guy gets himself a good lawyer, is a big fat payday from the Big Box store to make this go away, no charges against the guy, security guy loses job, and somebody other than the guy who had to defend himself pays the security guys medical bills.

But then again I am no lawyer.
    To all you current and former military ... thank you for your service! Let no one forget that the sacrifices you have made allow us the freedoms we enjoy.

I am certainly not a lawyer but I did watch my share of L.A. law! (Of all the characters you could say I am about on par with Benny) One thing I see missing from the big fat pay day equation is damage. What loss has the OP suffered? He was not injured, he does not have any property that was damaged. The Big Box store has limited liability. Did the security guard work for them or an outside contractor? Did his actions conform with company policy? Can it be shown that the security guard's employer should have reasonably known that he would do something like this? Can any negligence be shown on the part of the employer? With no prior history how can we prove negligent hiring, inadequate supervision, or negligent retention?
    For them to hang this on the store (AFAIK) they would have to show that the guard was their employee and was either following their policy, or was some kind of problem known to the employer that should have either had more direct supervision or been terminated before this incident took place.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I am certainly not a lawyer but I did watch my share of L.A. law! (Of all the characters you could say I am about on par with Benny) One thing I see missing from the big fat pay day equation is damage. What loss has the OP suffered? He was not injured, he does not have any property that was damaged. The Big Box store has limited liability. Did the security guard work for them or an outside contractor? Did his actions conform with company policy? Can it be shown that the security guard's employer should have reasonably known that he would do something like this? Can any negligence be shown on the part of the employer? With no prior history how can we prove negligent hiring, inadequate supervision, or negligent retention?
    For them to hang this on the store (AFAIK) they would have to show that the guard was their employee and was either following their policy, or was some kind of problem known to the employer that should have either had more direct supervision or been terminated before this incident took place.
    You make many good points with your questions. However, I will stand by my prediction. I am not saying a big fat payday is in order, rather, it is indicitive of what is wrong with our legal system. Filing a lawsuit is relatively inexpensive but the defense of that lawsuit can be bankrupting (at least to an individual). A Big Box is going to write a check to make it go away.

At the end of the day, no less than a simple battery was committed by the security guard. The security guard is either an employee or an agent of the big box so, right or wrong, the responsibility falls on them.

I hope one of our resident lawyers will offer a professional opinion here.
    To all you current and former military ... thank you for your service! Let no one forget that the sacrifices you have made allow us the freedoms we enjoy.

VIP Member
    Totally reprehensible behavior, on the part of the security guard. He should be reprimanded, the OP should sue for assault, and also sue the box store!!!

We can't all be heroes, because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by. Will Rogers
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
    i dont see why it isnt believable? Matt is an ex vetran ...
    At what point does one become an "ex veteran"?

Sorry...couldn't resist.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Big Fat Payday aside I hope Security Bimbo has learned something here.
    If not he is dumber that I first thought when I read the original post.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Links