Security Guard tries to take pistol from OC'er.

This is a discussion on Security Guard tries to take pistol from OC'er. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It would be nice to get an opinion from an expert. I could be completely off base on my thinking there. Wouldn't be the first ...

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Security Guard tries to take pistol from OC'er.

It would be nice to get an opinion from an expert. I could be completely off base on my thinking there. Wouldn't be the first time, probably not the last!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Something doesn't feel right about this whole thing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    At what point does one become an "ex veteran"?

Sorry...couldn't resist.

haha you got me...i didnt catch that ive been sneezing my head off with this Christmas tree it doesnt help that the family wants a real tree...makes me miserable i love my fake one then i can actually breathe, and see without my watering eyes this time of year....good thing it goes out tomorrow
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    Something doesn't feel right about this whole thing to me.

well there was video and the gun owner was cleared... so i dont know what you dont feel is right??
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs

Who is Gecko. 45? I wanna be in on the joke!!! LOL!!! No, but really I do....

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Gecko45 is a internet legend, he is the "Ultimate Mallninja".
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by hk45c View Post
    Who is Gecko. 45? I wanna be in on the joke!!! LOL!!! No, but really I do....
    Shrine of the Mall Ninja LonelyMachines
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs

Learn all you want about Gecko45 here:
    Shrine of the Mall Ninja LonelyMachines

Now, back to the original topic...
    NRA Certified Instructor (6 years)
    Former LEO/DOD Contractor
    Active Duty Marine (Martial Arts Instructor)
    Glock 17, Kel-Tec P-11, S&W Model 60, various rifles

Gah! rmodel65- ya beat me to the punch :D
    NRA Certified Instructor (6 years)
    Former LEO/DOD Contractor
    Active Duty Marine (Martial Arts Instructor)
    Glock 17, Kel-Tec P-11, S&W Model 60, various rifles

Sorry for the derail But thanks for the link guys

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    The guard is lucky to have gotten off as he did. If someone tries to take a gun off of my hip, he'll be shot by the Glock in my right front pocket!
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" J. Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Having read the entire thread on the other site I am waving the B.S. flag! Have you all read the rest of this guys posts? The more I read the less credible the guy is. Until I see something from a verifiable source I am just writing him off as the anti-Gecko45.
    I especially liked the one about his employer who requires him to carry at all times and is going to make it all go away!
    Call me cynical, but unless we are talking about a Barney and Andy department why would a Sergeant, much less the duty commander care about what is in reality a simple assault and battery case? And why would a political person as in a prosecutor make something "go away" for some private employer? Not a good career move. I wont even bother with the legal issues of the employer "requiring" his employees to armed while off the clock.
    I don't think there is anything pointing to his story being B.S. He works the gun counter part time at Patrick's Uniforms in Savannah, GA. I think he also works as a butcher at Kroger's and does horse shoeing. All these contacts and friends he talks about are probably people he knows from working at Patrick's. As far as his boss "requiring him to carry at all times," he probably means his boss requires him to carry at all times that he is working at Patrick's. I have no idea why a gun store would require one of their part-time employees to carry when they aren't working. Sounds like he is exaggerating and obfuscating the nature of his relationships with some individuals, but overall I see no reason to doubt his story about the security guard trying to disarm him.

Here is a picture of the guy:

A traffic ticket is formal recognition of a lapse in situational awareness.

Angry

In a state where the open and concealed carry of firearms is legal and common, it seems utterly amazing that anyone could believe that a citizen minding his own business could be construed as a threat to anyone.

The brainless guard was an idiot seeking to assert unjustifiable physical power over a citizen. The guard deserves every legal result he gets, for his ludicrous actions. It's nice to see that some places still value the status of Citizen. It's the point of the exercise, actually.

According to the write-up (which is certainly only from the viewpoint of the aggrieved citizen), the citizen was not harming anyone, not threatening anyone, not speaking of doing such things, and was simply another citizen spending time doing his business. If that's all that occurred, it's certainly not justification for any physical forcing, disarming or other forcible contact on the part of the guard.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    The fact that Security Bimbo did what he did, is what really bothers me with this. I can't begin to try to understand what was in his mind when he attempted to disarm someone legally carrying a firearm.
    What I do think of is my reaction, if it were me.
    My mind would tell me that some stranger(remember I don't know the Bimbo) is going for my firearm. He is dressed as a security guard(which could mean nothing) and attempting to grab my gun, for what reason I don't know. What is he planning to do with it, point it at me, someone else, does he know how to safely handle a gun?
    Too many unknowns, and as a gun owner I feel it is my responsibility to keep my firearm secured on my person.
    With all of this going on in my head, my first thoughts and action would be to make sure he didn't get it out of the holster, and I would have done pretty much the same thing as the other guy. I would not have taken it out of the holster, but I would have done anything necessary to make sure he didn't either. If that means assaulting him after he assaulted me, so be it.
    It seems from what I've read, everything worked out fine. But I'm still left wondering WTH was he thinking and could there be other equally intelligent Security Bimbos running around elsewhere?
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

I'm with the majority of you here. Stupid guard, and very, very lucky.

If I am ever truly going about my business as just part of the law abiding herd of grass eaters, and I feel my sidearm being grabbed/pulled or any other "not normal" pressure, with no warning, I am going to react, violently.

There is not one single thing about the person (uniform/clothing, gender...) committing the action against me is going to stop my initial reaction, and intent to stop the threat. If stopping the threat happens with their arm being tangled up in mine and them bent over backwards, problem solved. If it takes a whippin', problem solved. They produce their own weapon, the problem will get solved in a manner neither one of us are going to like.

Been there twice (not with a gun though). Both individuals were spared major injury by my stopping when I noticed the absolute and unmistakeable look of fear in their eyes.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Links