Security Guard tries to take pistol from OC'er. - Page 8

Security Guard tries to take pistol from OC'er.

This is a discussion on Security Guard tries to take pistol from OC'er. within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Already an internet sensation! Officer.com has a thread along with other firearms sites all linking to Georgia packing... I see why they are not releasing ...

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 246

Thread: Security Guard tries to take pistol from OC'er.

  1. #106
    Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    1,644
    Already an internet sensation! Officer.com has a thread along with other firearms sites all linking to Georgia packing...

    I see why they are not releasing the video. If the gaurd or the store files a lawsuit, Mr. open carry can threaten to release said video and give the store mucho publicity.
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.


  2. #107
    Senior Member Array rmodel65's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    934
    if anyone wants the video im sure an Open Records request can be made...
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

  3. #108
    Member Array Bm7b5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sin comentarios
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Bm7b5 I am confused. Maybe you can help clarify things a bit.
    Your google-fu is obviously superior to mine because I am finding this guy claiming to work part time in a port in Savannah where he may or may not have seen 12.7mm guns mounted on shipping containers. Examiner.com: American ships buck trend, sail armed - News & Political Alerts - Open Carry Brigade - OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum...
    You say in this thread you don't know him, but fifty eight minutes after I raised the question about him being a body guard or him working for a guy who is a body guard someone with a screen name identical to yours makes a post on Glock Talk GA: security guard attempts to disarm a private citizen - Page 2 - Glock Talk explaining that he is not claiming to be a body guard but that his boss at the gun shop is a body guard.
    I can't begin to calculate the odds of two different people coming up with identical screen names for a couple of gun forums! And one of them not knowing that mathar1 but the other not only knowing him, but knowing him well enough to answer on GlockTalk a question I asked on this forum! If the admins of the various forums were to compare IP addresses between this forum, GlockTalk and mathar1 on the Georgia forum would I be amazed at another coincidence?
    Am I missing something here?
    There is no conspiracy. B minor seventh flat five (Bm7b5) is my name on all web forums I participate in except for one where someone already had that name. I made the post on GlockTalk, not because I know the guy, but because nowhere in the posts I read does he claim to be a bodyguard. He only says his boss is a body guard. He also says he was doing what he was trained to do, but he doesn't clarify what that means.

    As far as my google-fu, nothing too fancy. I started by signing up at GeorgiaPacking.org so I could look at his profile. Then I looked at the first 2-3 pages of his posts (where people typically introduce themselves) and I looked at the last 3 pages of his posts (he has around 200 pages of posts). I also randomly looks at around 5 in the middle.

    Early on, in Apr 2008, he says he works for Krogers as a butcher for benefits, and does horse shoeing and brokering for money. In his latest posts, he says he began working at Patrick's Uniforms recently (Firearm Discussion • View topic - Patricks Uniforms). Based on tidbits he says about his work and himself, I'm assuming it is a part-time job and that he works the gun counter.

    I googled mathar1 and found a name and email address that seemed likely to be him. Did some more searching on those which led to confirmation. That led to some info about where he lives and his family.

    Could the guy be lying? Sure. But based on the profile (admittedly incomplete) I slapped together from a few google searches, and what I read in his posts, I don't think the story as a whole is a fabrication. I think he's probably a bit misleading wrt who he knows and his relationship to them, but otherwise I think the story is probably true. I'm sure we'll find out within the next 2 or 3 weeks.

    Oh, and I saw no posts from mathar1 in the open carry org link you provide above.

    If you want to know people that have real internet investigative magic powers, look at the guys that uncovered the Ultimate Bet and Absolute Poker scandals. I followed that as it unfolded. Those guys were amazing!
    A traffic ticket is formal recognition of a lapse in situational awareness.

  4. #109
    VIP Member Array mcp1810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,986
    Quote Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
    if anyone wants the video im sure an Open Records request can be made...
    Great! What agency do we make that request to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bm7b5 View Post
    There is no conspiracy. B minor seventh flat five (Bm7b5) is my name on all web forums I participate in except for one where someone already had that name. I made the post on GlockTalk, not because I know the guy, but because nowhere in the posts I read does he claim to be a bodyguard.
    Perhaps rmodel65 can clarify since he posted here that the guy works as a body guard.
    He only says his boss is a body guard. He also says he was doing what he was trained to do, but he doesn't clarify what that means.
    But he doesn't say his boss is a body guard. Let's read what he actually says....
    mathar1 Post subject: Re: Well it happenedPosted: December 29th, 2009, 3:36 pm
    MY bodyguard boss just returned my call and said relax he will make it go away. I was simply doing what I am trained and paid to do and that nothing at all I did was out of line. That with the training he provides and his requirement that we carry a gun at ALL times he provides legal representation and help at any time needed
    That goes back to my original question about the vagueness of it all. He never addressed who the body guard was. Only you in your post on GlockTalk and rmodel65 in this thread address that question, and in a seemingly contradictory manner.
    Doing what he is "trained and paid to do". That doesn't sound like customer service to me. And that bit about requiring a butcher or retail sales person to carry a weapon at ALL times and providing legal representation? I don't think Kroger or Bass Pro do that.

    As far as my google-fu, nothing too fancy. I started by signing up at GeorgiaPacking.org so I could look at his profile. Then I looked at the first 2-3 pages of his posts (where people typically introduce themselves) and I looked at the last 3 pages of his posts (he has around 200 pages of posts). I also randomly looks at around 5 in the middle.

    Early on, in Apr 2008, he says he works for Krogers as a butcher for benefits, and does horse shoeing and brokering for money. In his latest posts, he says he began working at Patrick's Uniforms recently (Firearm Discussion • View topic - Patricks Uniforms). Based on tidbits he says about his work and himself, I'm assuming it is a part-time job and that he works the gun counter.

    I googled mathar1 and found a name and email address that seemed likely to be him. Did some more searching on those which led to confirmation. That led to some info about where he lives and his family.

    Could the guy be lying? Sure. But based on the profile (admittedly incomplete) I slapped together from a few google searches, and what I read in his posts, I don't think the story as a whole is a fabrication. I think he's probably a bit misleading wrt who he knows and his relationship to them, but otherwise I think the story is probably true. I'm sure we'll find out within the next 2 or 3 weeks.
    In the PM you sent me you said you would provide links. Can I expect them anythime soon? And do you have anything that does not have the person in question as the primary source of the material? When determining the credibility of a source it is generally a good idea to rely on materials from a known and accepted source. And if you believe he is not being factually accurate regarding who he knows and his relationship with them, by what logic would you believe him to be truthful about any other part of the story?
    Oh, and I saw no posts from mathar1 in the open carry org link you provide above.
    When you click the link it is right there.
    mathar1
    Regular Member


    Joined: Tue Feb 3rd, 2009
    Location:
    Posts: 29
    Status: Offline
    Posted: Wed Dec 2nd, 2009 06:02 am Quote Reply

    I do some part time work at a local port here in Savannah occasionally and may or may not have (hehe) seen a container ship with 12.7 mm gun mounts with the guns still attached fore and stern to sweep both sides as well as an LRAD on the bridge. The crewman may have noticed me smiling and gave me thumbs up but this is all conjecture. Said ship may or may not run the gulf and around the horn of Africa but I am not sure.
    If you want to know people that have real internet investigative magic powers, look at the guys that uncovered the Ultimate Bet and Absolute Poker scandals. I followed that as it unfolded. Those guys were amazing!
    Oh, I know some people with incredible investigative abilities. I just wouldn't bother them with something as trivial as this.

    Lets look at this journalistically. What is demonstrable fact here?
    Who was involved? (names)
    What happened? (security guard allegedly thumped)
    Where?
    When?
    Why?
    How did it happen?
    Witnessed by?
    Where is the supporting documentation? (police report/ambulance run sheet/the video)
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

  5. #110
    Member Array ItsMyRight2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SouthFlorida
    Posts
    315
    +1 on the BS. I also think his story is BS. And my reason for thinking that is the length of detail in his story about his response to the attack. Sounds like a typical over detailed liar story to me.
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

  6. #111
    VIP Member Array Sticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,419
    I can't believe that we (DC.Com) members are bickering over the validity of a story and the credentials of a member on a different forum.

    True or not, it is something to definitely be aware of as a potential situation one may encounter while OCing. If someone can think it up, it can happen, no matter how outlandish or preposterous it sounds.

    Having someone (Security Guard, LEO, or average Dumb ***) come up behind you and try to deprive you of your weapon without your consent or knowledge is not that far of a stretch.
    Sticks

    Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

  7. #112
    VIP Member Array hogdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    N/E Florida
    Posts
    3,301
    If Wal mart Employed him The (Gaurd) then he'd own stock in wal mart if NOT then the securuty co. is going to pay ; ) Grabbing a gun with out letting one know is a NO NO for sure I'm not throwing the flag yet. I might ride to Hinesvill & hunttomorow & at lunch shoot on up to Savanna Wal mart Thats if I don"t fill my other tags ; ) One Buck & 6 Does left I let the does walk Freezer
    full
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE


    IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

  8. #113
    VIP Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,012
    I think it is legitimate to question the validity of the circumstance. I would think it would be relatively easy to establish, and the longer it goes on the more I doubt it really happened.

    Is it a case of a macho illusion?

    It is not going to happen to me as I do not OC.

    Regards,
    Jerry

  9. #114
    VIP Member Array ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    27,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    I can't believe that we (DC.Com) members are bickering over the validity of a story and the credentials of a member on a different forum.
    Yup.

    About the only useful thing we can do is what we're often here to do: kick the scenario around and evaluate what we ourselves would do in the same situation. Anything else is basically wasting time and energy.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

  10. #115
    Member Array Bm7b5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sin comentarios
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    In the PM you sent me you said you would provide links. Can I expect them anythime soon?
    No. As ccw9mm says, this has become a waste of time and energy.
    A traffic ticket is formal recognition of a lapse in situational awareness.

  11. #116
    Member Array ItsMyRight2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SouthFlorida
    Posts
    315
    I think it is valid to question the legitimacy of the story.

    We would like to know if the stories we read on here are BS or not. I know I don't like being told fish stories. Maybe you guys do. Sorry but I am a realist...you say something happened..well prove it. Its simple.

    All this time gone by and not a shred of evidence that this took place.
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

  12. #117
    VIP Member Array mcp1810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Bm7b5 View Post
    No. As ccw9mm says, this has become a waste of time and energy.
    I sort of figured as much.

    I think the real reason no one anywhere is giving specific information is because if they did, and the story is not true they would be exposing themselves to legal action. If the story is true no action could be taken against anyone for naming the involved parties because truth is an absolute defense to slander and libel.

    I have no problem with posts dealing with "what if" scenarios. In fact there is even a section on this forum for exactly that type of thing. But posting unsubstantiated stories like this as fact I think is irresponsible. There might be someone out there naive enough to believe it would really work out that way for them and get themselves into serious legal trouble because of it.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

  13. #118
    VIP Member
    Array Thumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    7,294
    You can read the OP here along with subsequent comments: http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/...p?f=26&t=40381
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

    "A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

  14. #119
    Member Array mel5051's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Commerce Township, Michigan
    Posts
    168
    My Lord, I still have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard! Gecko.45? OMG what an over active teen he must be. Reading that junk was hilarious!
    Ah well time to do a reality check and get back to reading the forums

    Mel

  15. #120
    VIP Member Array rottkeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    3,194
    Ironic that below is mather1's sig line.

    Scars are tattoos with better stories...touch my gun and you'll have a lifetime of stories to tell your grandchildren.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

    NRA Member

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Security Guard NOT a Gun Guy
    By jofrdo in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: July 16th, 2009, 04:31 PM
  2. Security Guard 1: Perp 0
    By DaveH in forum In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: February 12th, 2009, 07:27 PM
  3. Security Guard Shooting
    By Fmr18z in forum In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: July 10th, 2008, 05:21 PM
  4. Detained by security guard
    By GoodSamaritan in forum Carry & Defensive Scenarios
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: May 26th, 2007, 12:17 AM
  5. "IN"security? Unarmed security guard killed
    By paramedic70002 in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: October 21st, 2006, 11:18 PM

Search tags for this page

best handgun for security guard
,

best pistol for security guard

,
er security officer
,
florida boy killed by security guard
,
good pistol for security guard
,

marthar1 security guard

,
mathar1 lawsuit
,
open carry security guard
,
security guard open carry
,
security guard tried to
,

security guard tries to disarm man

,

security guard tries to disarm man in walmart

Click on a term to search for related topics.