OC in a Montana bank?

OC in a Montana bank?

This is a discussion on OC in a Montana bank? within the Open Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here in the Montana, I can OC in a bank or bar, but not CC. Has anyone on this board done so? I haven't yet, ...

OC in a Montana bank?

Here in the Montana, I can OC in a bank or bar, but not CC. Has anyone on this board done so? I haven't yet, but I may after I talk with the bank president.

Let me know,
    Thanks
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

I do here in Washington state and it is not a problem. It is also legal to CC in a bank here. The only difference I can see is that you might get a question because they would confuse the CC prohibition with a complete firearms prohibition.

I've done everything from use an ATM to go in the customer service rep's office to deal with account admin. and have never had even a question about the gun.

I've OCed here in Eastern Idaho. In the smaller local credit unions and banks I've been in I didn't have a problem.

I did stop by B of A the other day and was looked at like I was going to rob the place. I guess the new rule is for bank robbers to give their ID and the check they want cashed to the teller and then provide the teller with a thumb print. They didn't say anything, but you could see the shaking hands and nervous glances at my holstered gun. I didn't see their security guard, but I think it was the manager come out and watched till I left.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus View Post
    Here in the Montana, I can OC in a bank or bar, but not CC. Has anyone on this board done so? I haven't yet, but I may after I talk with the bank president.

Let me know,
    Thanks
    Let us know what you find out. But as far as I know you can't carry in either place, OC or CC. I will do some more research myself to see if I am full of bull. I may well be.

Quote Originally Posted by bsnow View Post
    Let us know what you find out. But as far as I know you can't carry in either place, OC or CC. I will do some more research myself to see if I am full of bull. I may well be.
    45-8-328. Carrying concealed weapon in prohibited place -- penalty.

45-8-328. Carrying concealed weapon in prohibited place -- penalty. (1) A person commits the offense of carrying a concealed weapon in a prohibited place if the person purposely or knowingly carries a concealed weapon in:
    (a) portions of a building used for state or local government offices and related areas in the building that have been restricted;
    (b) a bank, credit union, savings and loan institution, or similar institution during the institution's normal business hours. It is not an offense under this section to carry a concealed weapon while:
    (i) using an institution's drive-up window, automatic teller machine, or unstaffed night depository; or
    (ii) at or near a branch office of an institution in a mall, grocery store, or other place unless the person is inside the enclosure used for the institution's financial services or is using the institution's financial services.
    (c) a room in which alcoholic beverages are sold, dispensed, and consumed under a license issued under Title 16 for the sale of alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises.
    (2) It is not a defense that the person had a valid permit to carry a concealed weapon. A person convicted of the offense shall be imprisoned in the county jail for a term not to exceed 6 months or fined an amount not to exceed $500, or both.
    There is nothing in the above statute that prohibits open carry.

I came up with the same findings, thank-you..

Links